Just a few more “honest mistakes”

Top class again, Edweird. Why aren't Rangers collecting these clips. ? We have no chance against this loaded dice every week.
I don't know.

Like the refs responding to intimidation, I wonder if our lack of fight off the park equals a lack of fight on the park?

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the softest team in the league yet the fouls and yellow cards stats would suggest we are miles off that.

More often than not one of our players is booked for their first foul. Hard fouls against us are greeted with nothing from the players.

Look at Morelos. He has been the model of professional temperament over the past few seasons. I think he's learned that ANY show of a serious scowl is getting him in the book.

He was yellow carded for shouting at the linesman (in Spanish) against Motherwell.
Last week I watched a player from another team go nuts and tell the linesman to "fvck off" and no yellow was produced.

The board really need to get on top of this. If this comes down to a Helicopter Sunday scenario, who is going to blow the whistle against the Tims?

I don't know.

Like the refs responding to intimidation, I wonder if our lack of fight off the park equals a lack of fight on the park?

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the softest team in the league yet the fouls and yellow cards stats would suggest we are miles off that.

More often than not one of our players is booked for their first foul. Hard fouls against us are greeted with nothing from the players.

Look at Morelos. He has been the model of professional temperament over the past few seasons. I think he's learned that ANY show of a serious scowl is getting him in the book.

He was yellow carded for shouting at the linesman (in Spanish) against Motherwell.
Last week I watched a player from another team go nuts and tell the linesman to "fvck off" and no yellow was produced.

The board really need to get on top of this. If this comes down to a Helicopter Sunday scenario, who is going to blow the whistle against the Tims?

McCrorie told beaton to fuk off yesterday as well.

Didn't realise that Grigo, well remembered.

Yep it seems a lot of us have been swayed by his correct decision to send off McGregor in the last old firm game of last season.

True colours well and truly on show now things are tight.

Spot on, that was probably why I changed my mind on him mate.

When it has come to the crunch pretty much most of them have lost their objectivity.

Can’t have Cinch’s name missing from the league flag again, can they ?

The board are fucking spineless. Whether we like it or not, their board, fans and management will kick up %^*& about refereeing performances and it works. The whole Madden is a mason campaign - once the best ref in Scotland is genuinely terrified to give rangers almost any positive decision and vice Versa for them. Their chairman kicks off about mad conspiracies - all of a sudden you’ve got genuinely 10pts at least to them on decisions alone and similar lost by us on decisions.
Whether you like what King said or not, he obviously thinks the board aren’t giving a flying %^*& what the fans think or want and the fact is they will know our feelings on refs, they’ll have people look on here, on social media etc and they continually do nothing. It’s bordering on negligence tbh and just treating the fans like dafties. And that’s from someone who has repeatedly stuck up for our board

See decisions like the one that led to them getting their corner for the goal, in a weird way I can let things like that go as those types of decisions happen all the time in football, a corner that shouldn't have been etc.

Its the fact that in almost every one ot their games now there is at least one incident which goes in their favour that's sinister. Case in point any one of two handballs in the box by a Motherwell player and no penalty, same thing happens in the opposition box for Celtic and no hesitation to award it.

*Edit - Just seen what Martindale said re the corner award. I'm still of the opinion that these decisions to happen from time to time but how Walsh can overrule two officials is beyond me without there being something more underhanded at play
Was Walsh not one of the refs picked out by their chairman at their AGM?

Job done if so.

In general the officiating in games is dire and these guys are bordering on cheating and certainly VAR will pick up some of these mistakes bearing in mind there 4 of them at every match.

Our game against Dundee Utd is a clear marker and although we should have won on chances alone Madden played a massive part in winning a draw for Utd. Its about time referees and their linesmen are held to task at post match or next day interviews,I know many years ago they refused but times are moving on and so should they, come out and tell the fans why such decisions are made.

Read about the hand ball on the Sunday football thread but just saw the clip above…

My God!!

And where is the lad supposed to put his hand given he is on the deck? Using said hand to support himself…

Compare and contrast to the hand ball we didnt get at United. One of them was a stonewall penalty and it wasnt theirs!!

The handball for the penalty Im sure that scenario is actually covered in breifings that its not a foul as he is supporting himself. Bit of a joke, as usual.
Of course it's not a penalty. Those sort are never given. Apart from today.

Oh, and against us. Away to Hamilton last season.

It's enough to put you off watching, boils my blood, i hate they bastards more everyday, it's not good for my health, honestly the rage I feel towards them I detest everything about them.

There is missing stuff and there is downright cheating, if the shoe was on the other door the Tims board would be at Hampden demanding answers.

There were comparable situations in this game where Livi did not get the benefit of the doubt.

Rogic double handle ball juggle before the Livi own goal. Not given. Compare the penalty that was given. And a yellow card for the penalty.
giphy.gif

Hand ball and free kick to Livi? NO. Corner to ra sellic. They scored from the corner.
giphy.gif

Foul to Livi but no yellow card. It was 88m minutes before Timmy was booked.
giphy.gif

Taylor falls to the ground expecting a foul. Grabs the ball. Stops Livi attack. Free kick to Livi for hand ball but no yellow.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Absolutely shocking, and to make it worse - all caught on camera, and f all done about it!

It’s happening week in week out. Only one team is getting the benefit of all these honest mistakes.

It’s almost as if there is a campaign of intimidation that is making officials think first what the best decision for them is.

Just listening to Martindale there.

Both the Linesman and the 4th official told the referee it was a goal kick in the lead up to Celtic's opener - referee overruled his assistants to award the corner.

You just couldn't make it up.
Which makes Walsh's performance rather sinister!!

Sure there is a rule that if you are using your arm to support your body on the ground it's no handball..I think goldson did it last season and it was correctly not given.

Once again, big calls going Celtic’s way which helped them break their curse at the Tony Macaroni. Every week they’re benefiting from poor officiating, ever since it was raised at the clubs AGM. This is what we’re up against. Our board instead of calling it out are too busy being pally with them, agreeing to friendlies which will earn them huge money to pay off child abuse victims. This is a club that tried to cease our existence in 2012 because of tax bills.
It’s blatant cheating in their favour every week while we have been cheated out of four points in the last two weeks alone. The club and Gio really need to have a look at themselves for not calling it out.

There were comparable situations in this game where Livi did not get the benefit of the doubt.

Rogic double handle ball juggle before the Livi own goal. Not given. Compare the penalty that was given. And a yellow card for the penalty.
giphy.gif

Hand ball and free kick to Livi? NO. Corner to ra sellic. They scored from the corner.
giphy.gif

Foul to Livi but no yellow card. It was 88m minutes before Timmy was booked.
giphy.gif

Taylor falls to the ground expecting a foul. Grabs the ball. Stops Livi attack. Free kick to Livi for hand ball but no yellow.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
I always try to flip these things and look at it from our perspective and I don't really see anything wrong with the first clip. The Rogic one is defo not "hand ball" although the ball hits his arm. Nothing he can do about it and if it goes against us I'm bemused at the call.

The one with the Japanese, did they get a penalty for that? That's a more objective call and if that's Morelos hitting the shot I'm screaming for the penalty. My argument is then, would we get it? Which I guarantee we wouldn't. That's the sore point here. I think that's a penalty all day.

The hand ball for the corner is farcical. There's no hiding for Walsh on that call. Especially if Martindale's saying his 2 assistants went against him at the time. Theres no grey area there at all. It's blatant as f.uck.

The Taylor clip also bemuses me, and again there's nowhere for Walsh to hide on that decision. The rule is in black and white - it's a deliberate hand ball. There's no objectivity with it, dem the rules. I hate seeing a player grabbing the ball before a whistle is blown. I would be booking them all whether they got the initial foul or not. It's one of my pet hates in fitba.

Sure there is a rule that if you are using your arm to support your body on the ground it's no handball..I think goldson did it last season and it was correctly not given.
In this instance though the boys already down then tackles. It's different if your mid tackle and the ball hits your arm in a natural position. Here he kind of stumbles then sticks a leg out. It's 2 different motions. I'm screaming for a penalty if that's us.

It's the non-objective calls that continuously go in their favour that piss me off more i.e the Taylor deliberate hand ball.

I always try to flip these things and look at it from our perspective and I don't really see anything wrong with the first clip. The Rogic one is defo not "hand ball" although the ball hits his arm. Nothing he can do about it and if it goes against us I'm bemused at the call.

The one with the Japanese, did they get a penalty for that? That's a more objective call and if that's Morelos hitting the shot I'm screaming for the penalty. My argument is then, would we get it? Which I guarantee we wouldn't. That's the sore point here. I think that's a penalty all day.

The hand ball for the corner is farcical. There's no hiding for Walsh on that call. Especially if Martindale's saying his 2 assistants went against him at the time. Theres no grey area there at all. It's blatant as f.uck.

The Taylor clip also bemuses me, and again there's nowhere for Walsh to hide on that decision. The rule is in black and white - it's a deliberate hand ball. There's no objectivity with it, dem the rules. I hate seeing a player grabbing the ball before a whistle is blown. I would be booking them all whether they got the initial foul or not. It's one of my pet hates in fitba.
The ball hits both of Rogic's arms. It goes from one to the other. I can't remember the last time I saw a player hit the ball with both arms and not get called.

Possibly a mistake BUT, if that was us, or it had been done during a Livi winner, the Scottish media would currently be sharpening their knives for the next week of meltdown and scrutiny. And pressure.

Yes, they got a penalty. There seems to be some ambiguity in the ruling, but surely, if a player is on the ground you go with the benefit of the doubt? Not in this instance. We're supposed to believe that Walsh processed all variables and pointed to the spot? I think, like most games in the last few months, the referees' default is point first and deal with zero fall out later.

The ball hits both of Rogic's arms. It goes from one to the other. I can't remember the last time I saw a player hit the ball with both arms and not get called.

Possibly a mistake BUT, if that was us, or it had been done during a Livi winner, the Scottish media would currently be sharpening their knives for the next week of meltdown and scrutiny. And pressure.

Yes, they got a penalty. There seems to be some ambiguity in the ruling, but surely, if a player is on the ground you go with the benefit of the doubt? Not in this instance. We're supposed to believe that Walsh processed all variables and pointed to the spot? I think, like most games in the last few months, the referees' default is point first and deal with zero fall out later.
I agree with you mate but the Rogic call is objective, some you get, some you don't (they seem to always get). These types of decisions officials have a get out and it's pointless challenging.

As I says, we need to focus on the non-objective calls. The Taylor deliberate hand ball for a start. Situations where there is no hiding.

Francis Conner is a bona fida cheat, standing feet away from the corner incident ,and fails to spot the full ball being out of play on the play leading to Celtics 2nd goal. I dont believe for a minute Walsh overruled him at the corner, the Livi players are clearly shouting at him which tells me he flagged for it.

Tbh I can see the corner call was a tough one but when he decides against the two other advices he has that seems very unusual .
The handball pre the 2nd goal is just ridiculous to miss unless I am wrong and that no longer counts as a hand ball dunno they have blurred the rules so much it’s gotten senseless
The handball call was a tough one?! It was as blatant as you will see. Nothing tough about it, unless you are David Blunkett or a 19th Century Terrorist bastard.

The pen might have been given but the hand ball corner definitely not. Even Andy Walker plus all the panel said no corner.
Maybe. It certainly should. But I stand by my point.

If we truly believe the refereeing is either so bad, or worse cheating and corrupt, what on earth leads us to conclude VAR would be any different? Won't it be the same people administering and officiating it?

Regardless, based on the recent meeting I'd say we will be waiting a long time for VAR. I'm convinced the current sentiment is that it's nice to have but who's paying for it?

I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

We should do the same , it's getting to the stage now where both team should be kicking off at the same times or get in foreign refs for our games as they don't seem to get the same calls in Europe.
Exactly mate that’s why every year they get found out in Europe really hate the scum can take losing league titles if it’s fair and square

Maybe. It certainly should. But I stand by my point.

If we truly believe the refereeing is either so bad, or worse cheating and corrupt, what on earth leads us to conclude VAR would be any different? Won't it be the same people administering and officiating it?

Regardless, based on the recent meeting I'd say we will be waiting a long time for VAR. I'm convinced the current sentiment is that it's nice to have but who's paying for it?

I hope I'm wrong on all counts.
In the case of offside the defender and attacker lines are there for everyone to see.

It's obvious theres a deal been made behind closed doors, it's a political decision.
There's no way any Scottish or British person would listen to a stand singing bout killing your soldiers and be favourable in ur decision making.
These refs hav been bought pressured bribed to guarantee a title for them.
A normal profession ref would apply the rules of the game a scottish British ref hearing those songs u would think would be bias AGAINST them.
After all they hate you, your country religion morals and exsistsnce
So why on earth would said ref favour them in his decision making.
I Conclude they are under duress
Celtic hav to appease the hordes this year to distract from the csa case
Snp are gearing up for their next assault they need happy clappy voters

Its absolute insanity that religious and sporting institutions cannot be investigated for child abuse

Let that sink in the Catholic Church and cfc are above the law in the most disgusting way

Why does no lawyer or journalist question this......

So could I start my own religion hav a football team associated that ribbed banks or sold drugs and not be liable to prosecution??

It's not just that, their club invites officials down to their ground and they meet up with their youth sides and up and coming young players, so they already have a relationship with these youngsters when they break into the side. And that's just what we know about. They are light years ahead of us in that respect.
Is that actually true? If it is, that’s absurd.

Back