Kai Kennedy why not?

You don't risk a young boy's career in a team that's under performing as he could be subject to abuse by a demanding support.
If a young player has any chance of making it with us, he’s going have to be subject to it at some point. Never known a Rangers team that has not been subject to pelters from the stands from time to time.

If a young player has any chance of making it with us, he’s going have to be subject to it at some point. Never known a Rangers team that has not been subject to pelters from the stands from time to time.

No point if he's coming in just to hear moans and groans from the stands better to wait till the teams form pick up.

I get the feeling none of the promising youngsters will get much of a lookin this season or next. Too much at stake, unless one of them is truly exceptional....

He isn't. He's a small guy and won't get any taller. He's strong though and a stick out against his peers

Think you better have that argument with the sports scientists up at the Hummel. Projected height is 5 9" how they find this out I have no clue

Think you better have that argument with the sports scientists up at the Hummel. Projected height is 5 9" how they find this out I have no clue

So a small guy then. I'd thought he was about that just now. Height isn't important he has a great touch, balance and digs in too

If he's good enough he's old enough,if we don't try the youngsters when the going gets tough how will we ever know they can handle it? all good and well putting youngsters in to a team that's winning but we need to see how they handle the pressure aswell.

If we were werent 10 points behind would people be wanting the likes of Kennedy in the team? Honest answer is no.
Imagine Gerrard played these players in Scottish Cup game against Hearts and we lost. This place would be in meltdown

If your a boxer and winning every fight you end up getting a BIG fight with BIG dough
Why the fxck do we always look for excuses with young exceptional football players who continue to stick out in games

time for this too wee or up against the clogger chat its getting pretty boring now if we don’t play these boys someone will pay for them and play them
We are playing an extremely serious foolish game with exceptional young players like Kennedy who WILL leave if there’s no opportunities

Watched the game yesterday and he didnt put too many passes astray and was direct. Had one or two moments of real class though, taking on players twice his stature with ease.

I feel he should be around the first team and hopefully get some opportunities to give him some minutes. Yesterday was against men and he stood up to them well. I know it was Inverness and not Inter Milan but was against a senior side in horrible conditions and he still managed to look good.

They didn’t have to play against Ryan Porteous and a dozen others like him
Can I ask the height of frimpong,dembele,mckenzie of killie?? Shall I go on. Listen our manager is very set in his own ways and nothing will change what he has in his mind. Will it work I have no clue

This kind of attitude holds a lot of young talent back and should be scrapped to a large extent imo
Couldn't agree more mate. Every time a young player gets mentioned on here, theres always the not ready, or should loan them out. These kids basically played inverness of the park yesterday in horrible conditions, on their own ground.

Time we started using these kids, nobodies saying all at the one time, but gradually.

I must admit I have never seen the lad in the flesh, but memory takes me back to a time in the early sixties, and a certain lad of sixteen years of age, his name Willie Henderson, he played in a Rangers team with Jim Baxter and other great Rangers players, he was built like a brick shithouse, was wee Willie, so if he has the talent then his age does not enter into the story.

He should be, that mob play their young players with their team but apparently we can’t. A far better option than Ojo, Barker and Jones. Nothing gets the crowd going than a homegrown bear coming on

We must be due a couple of stars from the academy by now...I suppose Gilmour would have been one.

Gerrard has been pretty clear that if you are good enough you’ll play. Need to question who these guys would displace (despite our recent poor form).

Was Derek johnstone not 16 when he made his 1st team debut? We seem to have a good academy set up going, time to put it to use.

Couldn't agree more mate. Every time a young player gets mentioned on here, theres always the not ready, or should loan them out. These kids basically played inverness of the park yesterday in horrible conditions, on their own ground.

Time we started using these kids, nobodies saying all at the one time, but gradually.
Exactly. I’d rather see small brilliant technical footballers play in this country than big hammer throwers that have all the physicality in the world but zero technical ability. The game up here needs these kind of players to come through.

He should be, that mob play their young players with their team but apparently we can’t. A far better option than Ojo, Barker and Jones. Nothing gets the crowd going than a homegrown bear coming on
How do you know he’s a better option than those players? How long would you give him before lumping him in with the players you’ve written off in your list? The constant staring at how great the scum are on here is nauseating.

How is it 2020 and people are still talking about players being 'too small'.

Brandon Barker is built like the side of a fiver but he still get's a chance. Davis and Jack are hardly tanks but can still run a midfield.

Wingers are generally small and pacy. Kennedy would have no problem making the step up in my opinion. We might actually get desire and effort from him as he will be fighting for a place unlike some others seem to be in the team at the moment.

I think his size is actually his advantange. His low centre of gravity and his ability to dribble around players with ease.

Most importantly, coming through our youth ranks he will be ingrained with the mentality that nothing less than a win is acceptable. Something a lot of our team at the moment again don't seem to have.

Should try him out towards the end of the season when the games will more than likely be meaningless in the league.

We have the best academy in the country but we are the worst in Scotland for actually giving them a chance.

We have a bit of a golden generation on our hands and I highly doubt any of them will be willing to sit in limbo at Ibrox for much longer.

I watched yesterday and Inverness were very big and physical and yet Kai kennedy was arguably best player on pitch so why should we be concerned ,we need get away from this big cloggers game from midfield up we were pretty small yesterday Dickson Palmer Dapo but coped admirably.
Kennedy has clearly got the talent do we need our youths to be giants before given chance .
Tommy McLean springs to mind

I'd certainly be inclined to have him on the bench as it gives you the option to bring him on for game time...should we be in a comfortable situation (don't laugh, it may happen).

Where do you start with this.

See all the posts regarding reasons why we cant take any youngster through.

Our reserves and youth never seem to be ready, or theres always too much at stake to bring one or two on.

What's the point then? We spend millions and millions to watch then walk out the door for nothing or at most a pittance?

Tell me.what is the point of them at Rangers?

Dapo especially will get hurt, come on look at the size of him against these hammer throwers? He'd need protection from the ref and it's not forthcoming I'm afraid. Both need to bulk up a bit more and I expect them to next season.

Have you actually seen Dapo? Because if you had, you wouldn't be suggesting he needs to bulk up.

Play them against Hearts and await the meltdown when we lose our last chance of silverware this season but hey at least we gave the young boys a run out...
The first team couldnt beat Hearts.

Some of our best young talent might just be better than some of them.

But no one is ever going to know

Some of the comments on this are beyond ignorance.

I’m forgetting we have a plethora of approved coaches on here.

Back