Kamara

A very impressive performance by Kamara. Early days yet but he's looking the part think I might be proved wrong about him.

Hadn't seen much of him before he joined us and assumed he was being signed as a squad player but on the evidence so far he has improved the starting 11.

Ever since I seen the ubiquitous YouTube highlight reel of Kamara I've been excited about what he can bring to us. He's much more than a defensive midfield player. He gets about the pitch a lot more than any of our midfield, with the possible exception of Arfield, he's almost as good as Jack at winning the ball back and he has an eye for a pass going forward and isn't afraid to get into the box as well.

I think he will be a difficult man to shift out of the team.

I'd wager a wee cyber bet that Ross McCrorie will go out on loan next season. Very confident that this will be the outcome. Greg Docherty has done it - no reason why Ross won't/can't. I don't see him starting many games next season, hence a loan would be beneficial for all parties.

I'll take that wager, £100 to Erskine that Ross McCrorie will not be loaned out next season!

Rolls Royce of a player, put Mulumbu in his placed after he strolled around like Zidane in the first tie, class performance!

I had a feeling this boy would be special for us. Watched him a few times for dundee and he just looked miles ahead of others around him and with better players around him now he is going to have a hell of a career. So impressive in and out of possession I can see him going for big money in a couple of years.

He has done well so far.Davis will be further down the pecking order and rightly so.

Last edited:
The ladd looks like he’s wore the jersey for years

Retains the ball very well and makes good positive passes.. can see him being a great acquisition

Which ones?

That’s one of his weak points but against the better teams he’s made a huge difference.

St Mirren at Ibrox a few weeks ago when he got hooked and we were better when Jack replaced him.

St Johnstone at Ibrox last weekend.

St Mirren at Ibrox at the start of the season when he was sent off.

He's better in the away games when it's more of a battle.

St Mirren at Ibrox a few weeks ago when he got hooked and we were better when Jack replaced him.

St Johnstone at Ibrox last weekend.

St Mirren at Ibrox at the start of the season when he was sent off.

He's better in the away games when it's more of a battle.

The st mirren game at the start he got sent off after about 10 mins because of someone else’s hospital ball had us on the back foot.

The other two games he wasn’t bad just quieter because he wasn’t really needed in his role.

Hes done a helluva a lot more right than wrong for a young guy.

The st mirren game at the start he got sent off after about 10 mins because of someone else’s hospital ball had us on the back foot.

The other two games he wasn’t bad just quieter because he wasn’t really needed in his role.

Hes done a helluva a lot more right than wrong for a young guy.

St Mirren two weeks ago he was bad mate. We were considerably better that day after Jack replaced him.

Kamara is Finnish.
He has looked good first 2 games.
Alfredo played in Finland before us.
Helsinki looked a decent side in the friendly, Scandinavia is definitely a market we should be looking at.
Possibly before Croatian league players, this is not a slight on Katic, Borna or Grezda.
Croatia had a great World Cup so we will be excited to bring in players from that league.
But culturally northern Europe is more similar to the British Isles, in temperament, culture and work ethics

Sorry but I can't agree with this.

He's barely had a bad game this season and in certain games has been a key player.
No worries mate. I just don't see enough in his overall play that makes me think he should be a starter. Kamara has come in and already showed us the qualities that make us better.

Kamara is Finnish.
Helsinki looked a decent side in the friendly, Scandinavia is definitely a market we should be looking at.
Possibly before Croatian league players, this is not a slight on Katic, Borna or Grezda.
Croatia had a great World Cup so we will be excited to bring in players from that league.
But culturally northern Europe is more similar to the British Isles, in temperament, culture and work ethics
We should be looking into that big striker from Helsinki, he looked very good and skillful

Just came on to post a thread about this player, obviously missed this one yesterday.

I think we all had a feeling this relatively 'unknown' Finn coming from Dundee would do a job for us.
Fair to say he exceeded my expectations, looks like we've found another gem at a reasonable fee. Had a fantastic game.

So far, so good from Kamara. He was an absolute monster last night, winning everything he chased.

Hopefully he can be consistent and perform like that in every game, that would keep him in the team!

Just came on to post a thread about this player, obviously missed this one yesterday.

I think we all had a feeling this relatively 'unknown' Finn coming from Dundee would do a job for us.
Fair to say he exceeded my expectations, looks like we've found another gem at a reasonable fee. Had a fantastic game.

You could see from his YouTube videos (which are usually unreliable) that this guy was a player.

He’s fit like a glove so far.

No wonder he was champing at the bit for a move from Dundee, he’s light years above that level.

Ever since I seen the ubiquitous YouTube highlight reel of Kamara I've been excited about what he can bring to us. He's much more than a defensive midfield player. He gets about the pitch a lot more than any of our midfield, with the possible exception of Arfield, he's almost as good as Jack at winning the ball back and he has an eye for a pass going forward and isn't afraid to get into the box as well.

I think he will be a difficult man to shift out of the team.

Has a good range of passing as well.

No worries mate. I just don't see enough in his overall play that makes me think he should be a starter. Kamara has come in and already showed us the qualities that make us better.

I think big Ross is vital in certain types of games, that is, against the more positive teams. He’s been a key figure in a few fixtures like that.

But against lesser teams he isn’t as effective. This is an area of his game he needs to work on, picking up the ball from defenders and other midfielders and distributing it well.

Kamara was very good, and has a touch of class about him. It will be interesting to see him some more in frenetic away games - in comparison to the other midfielders we have. He looks like he can stroll about Ibrox with a cigar though.

First time I've watched a YouTube reel of a player we were signing and thought, yup, that's exactly what I watched and raved about. Held off going over the top with him before as I thought Pena was going to be a God for us, and said as much, after watching his reel. Once bitten and all that, lol. :)

Kamara is Finnish.

If it was a slight on the Croatians and Albanian i don't think it would be out of line (apart from Katic) They have simply not been good enough and have not showed anywhere near enough to suggest that they will be in the team long term.

I agree kamara is a special talent who can thrive here but there's one point I'd like to make on him (and others). He's a Rangers player now so he has a responsibility to learn under Gerrard and RAISE his game by being as influential going forward as he is keeping things tidy in midfield. Be it taking a shot on or working hard on that slide rule ball. To my mind Rangers have way too many midfielders in the squad who are happy to just do their job and wait for others to make things happen.
Wee Alfredo has done it up front but we still have a vacancy in that midfield for a hero. Somebody who is willing to make the difference in ensuring we get that win every week.

Wary of judging too soon but just watched the Kilmarnock game and he looked a real player in it
Mind you a few months ago I thought Coulibally looked great
But fingers crossed this time I'm right

No disrespect to McCrorie but Kamara is several levels above the lad.

Big Ross needs to go out on loan next season to develop his technique because he is way short in many areas. Maybe people will see this now by seeing what Kamara brings.

Touch, composure, awareness, mobility, weight of pass - Kamara has that in abundance.
Absolute nonsense.
They are totally different in style. We are a much better side when McCrorie plays.

Very promising start. Comfortable on the ball, tried to move the ball forward quickly, but most impressive for me was his physicality and ability to win the ball without giving away fouls. Dispossessed Kilmarnock players several times (especially Mulumbu who many wanted us to sign) just by clever positioning and use of his body.

Early days but could be a very shrewd bit of business.

Kamara, McCrorie, Arfield (if fully fit) and Jack is a midfield I want to see at sheepsville and the piggery. Kent playing a number 10 role and Alfie up front. Would destroy them.

Absolute nonsense.
They are totally different in style. We are a much better side when McCrorie plays.
Our ball retention when McCrorie plays is terrible.

Kamara made a huge difference on Wednesday.

Or do you want to argue against that glaringly obvious fact??

Back