Kamara's Lawyer on Talk Sport

Anyone going down the "where's the evidence?" path should be asked what they'd consider an acceptable threshold for evidence in a situation like this. We have two players who heard it and you can see by the footage that they heard it at the same time. Kudela approached Kamara from a distance and hid his mouth so that cameras couldn't see what had been said. It also seems clear that 'monkey' is a fairly common insult to a black person in Czech Republic but I haven't heard it in the UK in a long time. On top of that, Kudela said he actually said "you're a fucking guy" which means absolutely nothing.

This is a situation where, on the balance of probabilities, there can be only one conclusion. We cannot go down the path of protecting people like Kudela just because he was smart enough to cover his mouth so it wasn't picked up on camera. We cannot be teaching people that you can get away with this kind of behaviour, just make sure there's no video record.

we can have issues over Anwar
but there is no doubt that he will take this as far as it needs to go
Correct he was also on the independent inquiry over the Sunday Celebration nonsense, he's no pal of us but is decently placed to hold the police and GCC to account. I mind him being interested in our statement saying it seemed liked Rangers had tried what they could

Anyone going down the "where's the evidence?" path should be asked what they'd consider an acceptable threshold for evidence in a situation like this. We have two players who heard it and you can see by the footage that they heard it at the same time. Kudela approached Kamara from a distance and hid his mouth so that cameras couldn't see what had been said. It also seems clear that 'monkey' is a fairly common insult to a black person in Czech Republic but I haven't heard it in the UK in a long time. On top of that, Kudela said he actually said "you're a fucking guy" which means absolutely nothing.

This is a situation where, on the balance of probabilities, there can be only one conclusion. We cannot go down the path of protecting people like Kudela just because he was smart enough to cover his mouth so it wasn't picked up on camera. We cannot be teaching people that you can get away with this kind of behaviour, just make sure there's no video record.
It’s fine as long as nobody else is around to hear it?. That’s a horrific message to send out on this. It completely silences somebody who is racially abused while they’re on their own.

There should also be equally harsh punishments for proven false claims of racial abuse to prevent it being used. But tbh I think that is quite taboo amongst minorities anyway.

Is Simon Jordan actually stating in effect that racism should not be flagged up unless it can be categorically proved beyond doubt?

Does his viewpoint apply to other crimes? If a woman is attacked in a park, should she not report it if she was unable to prove she was actually attacked?

What a bellend. I think he should tread very carefully on the subject. If he and the likes of Michael Stewart’s first instinct on such matters is to question the validity of the complaint, then they are either inherently racist or trying to be controversial and contrarian.

You have to wonder what the tone of the conversation would be if this had happened to Marcus Rashford or Danny Rose.

Someone on twitter made that comparison not just with Jordan but with Michael Steward earlier. Imagine the likes of Shearer going on Match of the Day and asking 'where's the evidence' if someone like Rashford was racially abused.

And not only that but people would complain and he'd just be on again the week after to repeat his nonsense.

It’s his job to represent people. As I said he’s no friend of ours.
I recommended my now second wife to speak to the solicitor who represented my ex-wife. Why did I do that? Because as much as I didn’t appreciate her on a personal level, she was rather good at what she did. And she was again, she got the job done when the original solicitor was goofing about.

There‘s times in life you have to look at a bigger picture and suck up what might be stopping you from seeing it.

Is Simon Jordan actually stating in effect that racism should not be flagged up unless it can be categorically proved beyond doubt?

Does his viewpoint apply to other crimes? If a woman is attacked in a park, should she not report it if she was unable to prove she was actually attacked?

What a bellend. I think he should tread very carefully on the subject. If he and the likes of Michael Stewart’s first instinct on such matters is to question the validity of the complaint, then they are either inherently racist or trying to be controversial and contrarian.
Your second paragraph is spot on. I said it in one of the threads last week that anyone spews the same on TV would have been sacked and received backlash if he/she asks a woman to provide evidence and questioned the victim's version of events.
It is shocking that such views are allowed to on air without consequences. I grew up in Canada and this type of behavior will not be tolerated by any broadcaster or the public.

Surely nobody else is that much of a cûnt? B-D
I missed it today but would venture that whilst Simon Jordan is an arrogant prick with a massively over inflated ego and bad hair, he is a great deal more intelligent and knowledgeable than Michael Stewart. But I didn’t hear what he said today.

I recommended my now second wife to speak to the solicitor who represented my ex-wife. Why did I do that? Because as much as I didn’t appreciate her on a personal level, she was rather good at what she did. And she was again, she got the job done when the original solicitor was goofing about.

There‘s times in life you have to look at a bigger picture and suck up what might be stopping you from seeing it.
Your ex wifes lawyer should be paying you commission, whens number 3 coming along? :D

In light of Slavia’s latest and Police Scotland’s confirmation of the report of the tunnel incident does Kamara report the racism to the Police ?

Back