Katic and Rossiter?

Katic should play most games, he and Goldson are our best cb pairing. Also Katic is great in the opp box for corners and freekicks.

Not going to when it comes to Rossiter, i just dont get what he is meant to offer in cm?

I have sympathy with both players for different reasons but I fully appreciate why Rossiter is being managed carefully.
Katic is a bit of a stranger one to grasp for me but you would imagine there must be some thinking behind it. I thought he was exceptional before being left out.

I think the reason fans get excited about English U21 players is they tend to have a bit of pedigree,doesn’t guarantee they’ll make it of course but surely gives them a better chance I’d have thought.

Rossiter has shown nothing to suggest he should be ahead of Coulibally imo who at least strung together a run of outstanding performances early season.

Nonsense...Coulibaly has been awful for months now. Since his injury I haven't seen him play well once.

Nonsense...Coulibaly has been awful for months now. Since his injury I haven't seen him play well once.

I didnt say he has been playing well. I said Rossiter hasn't shown anything to suggest he should be ahead of him in the queue.

From the glimpses I've seen, a match-fit Rossiter would be slightly better than Jack, and he tries to get forward more.
But at the end of the day they are both holding midfielders.
We have loads of them at the minute.

Docherty is on a 6 month loan. He is due back in January.

Season long loan.
Due to cross border rules we'd have to pay a few to cut loan spell short....

The quotes from the manager yesterday seems to say he wants him out the full season

Katic has been very unfortunate the Worrall fiasco is to blame imo.

As for Rossiter he's in and out the squad repeatedly and when he gets the odd start or appearance off the bench he's no where to be seen again. I honestly don't think he's in our long term plans.

The manager seems to have a problem with Katic, in particular. In my view, the boy was our best defender before being forced to make way for a below average import from Notts Forest and I have no doubt he had his confidence severely dented with the gaffer`s decision to drop him. I can`t believe Gerrard`s judgement is so poor that he really believes Worrall and McAuley are better defenders than Katic, so I can only imagine there are other reasons for his continuing omission from the starting line up.

Katic has been very unfortunate the Worrall fiasco is to blame imo.

As for Rossiter he's in and out the squad repeatedly and when he gets the odd start or appearance off the bench he's no where to be seen again. I honestly don't think he's in our long term plans.

I think it’s sensible management...after all his problems the past two years they’re taking no risks and just easing him in as gently as possible.

I hope his appearances become more frequent as the season progresses....I think he’s a good player and works hard on and off the ball.

The manager seems to have a problem with Katic, in particular. In my view, the boy was our best defender before being forced to make way for a below average import from Notts Forest and I have no doubt he had his confidence severely dented with the gaffer`s decision to drop him. I can`t believe Gerrard`s judgement is so poor that he really believes Worrall and McAuley are better defenders than Katic, so I can only imagine there are other reasons for his continuing omission from the starting line up.

I can only think there’s been some kind of discipline problem behind the scenes that we’re not privy to.

Back