Katic and Rossiter?

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
What's the script with both of them?

Pre season Gerrard said Rossiter was the best player there. In Europe he told us that he loved Katic as a player.

Now they struggle to make the squads?

Someone mentioned that one of Katic's parents were seriously ill so he'd been travelling to Croatia a lot, not sure if there's any truth in it right enough.

Was surprised not to see Rossiter today. Didn't think he was that bad against Dundee

I wonder if he's one of the players Gerrard said he couldn't trust?

Quite harsh if so, especially when Coulibaly remains in the starting 11 / bench.

Quite harsh if so, especially when Coulibaly remains in the starting 11 / bench.

Harsh on what basis?

He's contributed literally zero since signing with us. Not his fault as far as time on the park goes but when he's on it, there isn't anything to suggest he's the player he is made out to be.

Time we moved on.

Harsh on what basis?

He's contributed literally zero since signing with us. Not his fault as far as time on the park goes but when he's on it, there isn't anything to suggest he's the player he is made out to be.

Time we moved on.

Harsh on the basis that he was far from the worst player against Dundee...

Some players seem to get away with absolute murder.

Again, Gerrard said in pre season he was the best player there.

I think Rossiter need to auto changed to have (we've no idea) in brackets by his name.

The poor lad has baffled us for over 2 years now and we're no further forward knowing what is up.

He's not the only player Gerrard is quoted as saying is our best player so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. If he was our best player he would also be playing a lot of time more than he has when available.

If a player merits a place because he wasn't the worst player against Dundee then we're doing it wrong. He contributed nothing noteworthy.

We can't afford passengers and that's all he's been so far.

We're simply playing it sensible with Jordan. Considering his injuries in the past few years, there's no point in rushing things.

With Katic, I think again we're being sensible. If he's struggling to fit in, or maybe having confidence issues, I think the right thing to do is having him about the squad, but not first choice. He may very well be first choice next season, but I'm reasonably happy with how the defence is working at the moment.

We're simply playing it sensible with Jordan. Considering his injuries in the past few years, there's no point in rushing things.

With Katic, I think again we're being sensible. If he's struggling to fit in, or maybe having confidence issues, I think the right thing to do is having him about the squad, but not first choice. He may very well be first choice next season, but I'm reasonably happy with how the defence is working at the moment.

The defence has been chopping and changing every game.

My issue was when we suddenly changed a solid partnership to shoehorn Worrall into the team.

We are getting to the point of no return for Rossiter, we would be better loaning him out to get regular games.

Katic seems to have got a rough deal in all honesty
Loan rossiter out and bring docherty back.
We keep sticking buy rossiter yet one of our own who has done nothing wrong is sent too darkest shrewsbury.

Rossiter to start on Wednesday. Just have a feeling.

Katic situation is bizarre. Feel for him.

I hope we don't tinker with the team too much but Rossiter was brilliant against Hibs at the end of last season.

Would be harsh to drop McCrorie though IMO.

I think there's clearly an issue with Katic.

No idea what it is, but he's just dropped out the picture after being a standout early on.
There isn't an issue with Katic. People simply choose to forget/ignore that when brought in we were told Katic is one for the future that would be given time. That didn't happen at the start and only once we got more options was Gerrard able to start playing him less. I don't understand why as I believe he and Goldson did great together, but I'll trust the gaffer as he knows a damn sight more than me.

I hope we don't tinker with the team too much but Rossiter was brilliant against Hibs at the end of last season.

Would be harsh to drop McCrorie though IMO.
McCrorie’s passing is very poor,there was a couple today he sent straight out of play,simple 20-30 yard passes,the second one he did Gerrard turned away holding his head.

Pre season Gerrard said Rossiter was the best player there. In Europe he told us that he loved Katic as a player.

Someone mentioned that one of Katic's parents were seriously ill so he'd been travelling to Croatia a lot, not sure if there's any truth in it right enough.
A wee season long loan to Shrewsbury could be on the cards.

He’s fit. He’s just being phased back to first team football slowly. Imo.
There's slowly phasing back and there's appearing for an hour out of nowhere then missing for 6/7 weeks then repeat.

From the outside there doesn't appear to much plan to his 'phased return'.

McCrorie’s passing is very poor,there was a couple today he sent straight out of play,simple 20-30 yard passes,the second one he did Gerrard turned away holding his head.
Yeh there was 2 in particular that he passed straight out of play. Thought he did ok today though. Enough to keep him in for Wednesday I'd say but I've a feeling he'll be back out.

Harsh on what basis?

Time we moved on.
Rossiter is in the Solanke club. A young player with some talent who could potentially go on and have a good career, but has been built up as some sort of messiah by parts of our support for no reason whatsover.

Gerrard said he had plan for Rossiter. He needs to build physical strength and mental strength. This is obviously the plan a mixture of 1st team and reserve games.

Katic was bought to develop, no big panic. Worral is a better player at present. Katic next year.

Katic is 4th choice centre back behind Goldson, McAuley and Worrall.
Rossitor is 5th choice defensive midfielder behind Jack, Coulibaly, McCrorie and Halliday.

Going by recent team selections, I would say that is the manager's thinking.

I really want Rossiter to succeed, he seems a really good guy and obviously has an abundance of talent but we need guys who can stay fit if we are serious about challenging for titles

We keep sticking buy rossiter yet one of our own who has done nothing wrong is sent too darkest shrewsbury.
Docherty was sent out on loan because he couldn’t do the basics right. The 5 yard pass was beyond him. I never seen much of him at Hamilton so not sure what led us to sign him but his performances in our shirt were way off the standard required. Seems to be doing well down at Shrewsbury but Joey Garner shone in that league so not exactly the best gauge.

Last edited:
Rossitor is 5th choice defensive midfielder behind Jack, Coulibaly, McCrorie and Halliday.

Rossiter started ahead of mccrorie just a week ago, where does that fit in with that thinking?

If Rossiter plays a part in 15 games this season without any serious injury, it’s progress.

Rossiter has shown nothing to suggest he should be ahead of Coulibally imo who at least strung together a run of outstanding performances early season.

Is Rossiter even a DM? I always seen him as a more box to box type

Docherty was sent out on loan because he was struggling to adapt to what Gerrard required from him in training.

He's playing in a lower grade of football to hopefully improve and develop his game.

Hopefully he's still got a future with us.

Reactions: cav
So, we are writing Rossiter off Again.

Do we know he was injured today? No didn`t think so.

Maybe we have some people in the management team that know what there doing and he is not being pushed, he did play in the development game on Thursday,

Katic i hope gets back in around the team. At the start of the season of the season he looked like our best defender.
Rossiter needs to go as soon as we can get rid of him. He have given him plenty of time and he isnt going to ever consistently play.

I actually don’t think Rossiter is actually that good,in the little I have seen him play in last 2 years I haven’t really been that impressed.
Katic is out of favour at the moment but he’s young and will be a a main stay in team for years to come.

Latest posts

Back