Katic or edmunson

I'd really like to see more of Edmunson - he looks a really good defender. I actually don't like the constant rotation of defenders but in the end, it hasn't hurt us massively so far really.

I actually think Helander, Katic and Edmunson are all better than Goldson (who isn't bad I may add) but Goldson appears to be the primary option with the others getting a go beside him.

It does look like we'll get to see them all in action fairly regularly but Edmunson looks a hell of a player.

You think Goldson is our 4th best CB?? Genuinely?

Words fail me sometimes

Katic for me hasn't put a foot wrong and that's who I'd like to see back.

This is a weird falsehood that has come around this season for some reason. I love Katic, and I think he'll play at the highest level in a few years time, but he is still raw and has a tendency to get caught out by teams who play football as opposed to hoofball.

I've seen it suggested numerous times that Katic has to talk Goldson through games, which is just a straight up lie and it is absolutely the opposite. Goldson is our number one CB and vice captain for a reason

He won't drop him because he's the most reliable mate.
I think you could argue this but I honestly thought Katic started this season better until the Livi game after which he was dropped.

I think SG is quick to drop players after one bad game but guys like Goldson get a free pass. Personally I don't think Goldson should be dropped after one bad game but I think the same should go for Katic.

Don’t feel now’s the time for Gerrard to chop and change and experiment. Go with your tried and tested and most trusted pairing and cement our place at the top of this league.

Make changes week in week out and we drop points will result in meltdown by the fans.

I think you could argue this but I honestly thought Katic started this season better until the Livi game after which he was dropped.

I think SG is quick to drop players after one bad game but guys like Goldson get a free pass. Personally I don't think Goldson should be dropped after one bad game but I think the same should go for Katic.

I think Gerrard likes Goldson's positional sense and organisational skills, as well as good defensive qualities mate.

The other 3 are also all very good central defenders.

Katic would be the best in the air out the 3, George is definitely the quickest and has the best distribution, while Helander probably reads the game the best.

Horses for courses I reckon, but night and day compared to the recent dross of Wilson, Kiernan, Cardoso and Martin thankfully.

I'd pick Katic as he is most suited to combating the opposition style of play.

Relishs the more physical battles & will win almost every header
I remember reading an article before Helander joined.

His ex team mate or coach said he thrived on confrontation and battles.

Also said he could play anywhere along the back line, with ease.

I'd really like to see more of Edmunson - he looks a really good defender. I actually don't like the constant rotation of defenders but in the end, it hasn't hurt us massively so far really.

I actually think Helander, Katic and Edmunson are all better than Goldson (who isn't bad I may add) but Goldson appears to be the primary option with the others getting a go beside him.

It does look like we'll get to see them all in action fairly regularly but Edmunson looks a hell of a player.

At the wind up surely mate?

Have you checked our goals against column recently and Goldson has been an ever present in that.

It's no coincidence.

Don't think Katic or Edmundson will get much of a look in going forward tbh.
Have to say I haven't been overly impressed with Helander thus far. He was good v Feynoord but pretty average in his other appearances.
Katic rarely lets us down and is pretty solid. Edmundson....it's too early to judge. Looked the part against Accies, but had no defending to do.
Goldson appears to be No1, though I've never been his biggest fan.

Think it’s a choice between these two for Sunday. Don’t think Gerrard will play Helander against there big lump of a forward

thought edmunson was terrific v Hamilton however I think Gerrard will pick Katic

so would I tbh

Katic Edmundson and then Helander for me.
Plus I thought Helander now has a foot injury.
And if it’s horses for courses then def big Nik against the Jambos for me.
Funny how no one dare suggest why not both of them together?

He doesn't get a free pass. People are really keen to develop this narrative.

Listen to Edmundson talk about Goldson and that'll give you an indication of why he's one of the mainstays of the team.

Edmundson seems to be getting built up beyond belief on here, he's started 1 game if I'm right ? Exciting talent and prospect and I'm very hopeful he'll turn out to be a hell of signing but right now he's 4th choice for me. It's Helandar or Katic who will partner our best CB this weekend and rightfully so

Edmundson seems to be getting built up beyond belief on here, he's started 1 game if I'm right ? Exciting talent and prospect and I'm very hopeful he'll turn out to be a hell of signing but right now he's 4th choice for me. It's Helandar or Katic who will partner our best CB this weekend and rightfully so
Started 3 games, East Fife, Progres and Hamilton and also started 1 or 2 friendly games in the summer

I think most people accept he hasn't faced a real stiff test yet but we can only comment on what we have seen so far and it has been very positive.

Started 3 games, East Fife, Progres and Hamilton and also started 1 or 2 friendly games in the summer

I think most people accept he hasn't faced a real stiff test yet but we can only comment on what we have seen so far and it has been very positive.
I'm not saying he's not been encouraging but the build up and excitement for a guy who's so far faced Hamilton, Progres and East Fife is well over the top, even Livingston would have been a far sterner test than those 3

I'm not saying he's not been encouraging but the build up and excitement for a guy who's so far faced Hamilton, Progres and East Fife is well over the top, even Livingston would have been a far sterner test than those 3
Agreed we have to remain cautious as we have seen players start well before, personally i think he could be very good indeed and it would have been interesting to see him play away toi Livi

Goldson is clearly our number 1, and to be honest I’m quite happy with any of the other 3 to partner him.

Basically we have an embarrassment of riches at CB this season. Don’t envy Gerrard trying to keep everyone happy.

As for Sunday go for Katic. He relishes a war. :)

Have to say I haven't been overly impressed with Helander thus far. He was good v Feynoord but pretty average in his other appearances.
Katic rarely lets us down and is pretty solid. Edmundson....it's too early to judge. Looked the part against Accies, but had no defending to do.
Goldson appears to be No1, though I've never been his biggest fan.
Agree...some guy got dogs abuse on this for suggesting Helander was poor. Hope he turns out really good but he reminds me a bit of Konterman, that kind of arm up directing the traffic style, and you’re thinking please get rid of the thing.
Prefer big strong centre backs so would go with Katic-plus we need some aerial threat on attacking corners (I know Goldson scored the other week but doesn’t look that much of an attacking threat normally)

Agree...some guy got dogs abuse on this for suggesting Helander was poor. Hope he turns out really good but he reminds me a bit of Konterman, that kind of arm up directing the traffic style, and you’re thinking please get rid of the thing.
Prefer big strong centre backs so would go with Katic-plus we need some aerial threat on attacking corners (I know Goldson scored the other week but doesn’t look that much of an attacking threat normally)

Goldson has 5 goals already this season mate.

That's a decent return for a central defender.

I realise it’s a healthy debate however we are in a fortunate enough position to be able to say that whoever our boss picks to play any given Saturday will be good enough and there is no weak option.

Give Goldson a rest , he has not been at his best since the start of the season. Play Katic and Edmunson as they will cope with any physical challenges that Hearts will pose

Katic is ideal for Sunday with them having that big lump up front.

Give Goldson a rest , he has not been at his best since the start of the season. Play Katic and Edmunson as they will cope with any physical challenges that Hearts will pose

We haven't had a game for 2 weeks, so Goldson will be well rested.

He's also been an ever present in the best defence in the league.

He's the mainstay of it.

He got dogs abuse because he was talking shite.

Whichever one looks the best in training.

I think Katic is more suited than Helander against Rugby players but Edmundson looks like he can handle himself and I guess England's 4th tier probably has it's own share of Shot-Putters with elbows and football boots.

Goldson is our 3rd top scorer this season behind Morelos and Defoe.

Back