Keith Lasley not happy Kent won Young Player of the Year

Some of the comments from Murderwell fans :D

Turnbull will play for Liverpool, Kent won’t :eek:

It’s all very well Turnbull playing and doing well for Motherwell in the bottom 6 with little pressure on, it’s a world away from Kent at Ibrox.

Is Keith Lasley not a Rangers supporter? The guy is just giving an opinion like we all do.
This.

I was surprised to see Kent nominated for POTY over Tav and more surprised Morelos wasn’t nominated for YPOTY. The team of the year in general is a joke - Turnbull and Lewis Ferguson should be in ahead of Shinnie and Brown. Anyone should be in ahead of Boyata.

In any case, well done to Ryan Kent for winning YPOTY :D

he does realise it's the players from all teams that vote for it?

ffs you'd think kent was hand picked and players were told to vote for him or else!

Turnbull's the boy that got dispossessed for one of the goals when we pumped Motherwell the other month.

"Best young talent this country has produced in a generation," my hole.

Ryan Kent is a talented boy, but to be honest unless it's another loan deal I wouldn't be looking to buy him.
His end product needs to see quite drastic improvement.
I think as a 22 year old boy in his first full stable season at one club he has been exceptional. Throw in the demands of being a Ranger physicality of the game up here and a 14 game European adventure.
There is no doubt he will only improve every single aspect of his game I hope that's with us and a permanent deal will always be preferential

Well done Ryan Kent. Turnbull has a lot to live up to. The hype about him is going into overdrive. Will be interesting to see how he is next season and if it's in a Rangers shirt I would not ge unhappy.

Is he?? I honestly wouldn’t have guessed that, I always disliked him, he always seemed to put in good performances against us.
Would you have thought he might be a bear if he always played shite against us or not tried?
If I played against rangers I would be bursting a gut in the hope of catching the eye.

The lad looks a good player in fairness but to say that he is the best young player that this country has produced in a generation is farcical. He must be using the same 'generationometer' as the natzis with the indy 2 referendum.

Man has his own opinion shocker!

Just like the majority of people on the Player of the Year thread.

See tbh I didn’t think Kent deserved the award myself, his numbers aren’t that great for someone in his position.

Michael Stewart's a prize arsehole but the tribute he gave Turnbull last week was lavish, add Lasleys "best young player in a generation " and surely we must be looking at him.

Lapsley the skinny beanpole bent elbowed winger nonentity ? I’m amazed he’s still there , had forgotten all about him .

Turnbull was probably a very good shout for the award.
I think that there is always a subjective element to these things.
I can't see anything wrong with having some bias to a young player at your club that you watch every week.
It is natural.

I hope we have young Turnbull on our radar.

All I will say is would this be the response from Lasley if Hastie or Ferguson won it instead? Doubt it.

Turnbull has had a good season but Kent has performed at a much higher level. Even having some very good games against Celtic. Something I am sure no Motherwell player has achieved.

Thought that myself, he looked to be struggling.
Doesn't excuse his performances in recent weeks though.

Same as my reply to the other post mate, his form hasn't been great, smashing player though.

He’s been invisible, probably down to suspension right enough. ;)

Turnbull looks like a decent youngster but Kent has done it consistently over the season and well deserves the honour.

80-220617154508.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but who the %^*& is Turnbull and who does he play for?

I think Turnbull probably should have won but then Tav was the most consistently high performer and wasn’t even nominated for the senior award so hey ho.

I think personally Tav.has been the best footballer in the SPFL. this season.
And think he's had his best season in a Rangers jersey.Who has been more consistent than Tav. In Scotland this season.?

The truth is, had Morelos been nominated for both awards - as he should have been - he'd have romped the YPOTY and no one would be giving a thought to Lasley's ramblings about young Turnbull (admittedly a very promising young talent whom I've been 'touting' on here for a good while now).

I would not necessarily disagree with him,but how Tav was not nominated and for me did not win the player of the year is difficult to understand. Even ignoring goals scored he had more assists than Forrest ,Just can't see how Forrest won it.

The rage of Motherwell fans about this award has been something else. You’d think Turnbull is the second coming of Messi.

Incidentally I do think that if the votes were cast now rather than March Turnbull would probably win as he has been in some good form since Motherwell now have to play the rest of the bottom six.
The second coming of Messi was about 5 years ago in Dundee.

He’s now making sporadic appearances for HIVS.

Back