Kemar Roofe Rumours

Are you sure mate?

I got this in a whatsapp yesterday(gen up) and its from a guy who sends me all sorts of made up p1sh.

Ps I know we are in for roofe, its the being at our training centre last night for a medical part I have doubt on.

ps do we carry out medicals at auchenhowie?

We carry out our medicals in Manchester, do we not?

I don’t think we do medicals at the training ground but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t there.

I hope its true mate.

Since we were first linked with him last year he has been the player I want.

My issue is the whatsapp message flying about yesterday that he was at the training ground came from a very dubious source for me, the same guy has sent me all sorts of sh1te over the past year or so, none of which have turned out to be true.

I'll be over the main to be proved wrong but taking him being at training ground/up for a medical with a pinch of salt.

A few reports suggested Anderlecht are struggling financially and this why they have came to an agreement on Roofe.

This is exactly what my Belgian Colleague is saying. He says it a done deal. Not and Anderlecht fan but a Genk one who was pissed off when we got Hagi.
He also says Roofe is a fighter who will fit in well with the Scottish Game.

Not sure how tall he is but the timing of his runs to score those headers fills me with glee.
As long as someone else is in there to take a defender or two away he will fill his boots. Let him do it alone and anyone, even big DJ in his prime, would struggle.

But yep, the boy knows how to use the head. TBF a real all round proper CF.

He also says Roofe is a fighter who will fit in well with the Scottish Game.

I have no doubt about this in broad terms.

However, I’m worried about how his body will withstand the attention that he’ll get from the likes of Killie, Motherwell, Hibs etc.

Without a shadow of doubt - his body’s ability to resist injury will be tested to a level he will never have experienced before. Such is the sad state of the Scottish game (.....against rangers)!

hopefully if Roofe signs this means Hagi can be deployed in a more central No 10 position making him more effective as well both in setting up and finishing. A double whammy.

I have no doubt about this in broad terms.

However, I’m worried about how his body will withstand the attention that he’ll get from the likes of Killie, Motherwell, Hibs etc.

Without a shadow of doubt - his body’s ability to resist injury will be tested to a level he will never have experienced before. Such is the sad state of the Scottish game (.....against Rangers)!

The English Championship is a very physical league and he did ok there for a number of years .

Admittedly haven't seen much of him, but close mate is a massive Leeds fan - said Roofe was absolutely quality in his last season there, was unplayable and really enjoyed watching him.

Excited and hearing good things :))

I saw Roofe play at Oxford and was impressed then.

I don't know where he fits in the team to be honest as he's not a direct replacement for Alfie and I'd still want to have both Kent and Aribo on the flanks.

The English Championship is a very physical league and he did ok there for a number of years .

Looks like he did mate.

And I agree that the championship is a physical league (but it is so within “normal” laws of the game)

It’s practically open season up here on our players. Games against us in Scotland maybe lack the “sporting physicality” of the championship, but it’s replaced with downright brutality in many instances. Then throw said brutality in with a few plastic pitches.

As I said, I hope his body is capable of being tested to such an extreme.

If we do sign Roofe does anyone see us going down the Liverpool route and not actually playing with an out in out striker. Our version of Mane/Firimino/Salah becomes Kent/Roofe/Hagi

Looks like he did mate.

And I agree that the championship is a physical league (but it is so within “normal” laws of the game)

It’s practically open season up here on our players. Games against us in Scotland maybe lack the “sporting physicality” of the championship, but it’s replaced with downright brutality in many instances. Then throw said brutality in with a few plastic pitches.

As I said, I hope his body is capable of being tested to such an extreme.

Yeah he will no doubt get worse treatment here especially if he’s doing well.

If we do sign Roofe does anyone see us going down the Liverpool route and not actually playing with an out in out striker. Our version of Mane/Firimino/Salah becomes Kent/Roofe/Hagi

If that does happen then Kent will have to find a more consistent level than last season

I saw Roofe play at Oxford and was impressed then.

I don't know where he fits in the team to be honest as he's not a direct replacement for Alfie and I'd still want to have both Kent and Aribo on the flanks.
Can’t see Aribo on the flank in this team anymore

They paid 6 million for him last season so can’t see them selling for much less unless it was a low fee made up with lots of add ons.
It's Ross Wilson we are talking about he could probably source a waterfall in the Sahara I think I'll be around £3-4 million

I don't know how to upload photos to here but i've just seen one from last night with Roofe holding up the new blue strip in front of cameras. He's wearing the grey training t shirt and shorts with a Rangers logo in the background

EelBJ1tXsAIJNXA

Back