Kent playing for Liverpool now on LFCTV

He does. And his stats radar confirms it, he was in the top 5% of attacking midfielders in the league for giving away possession.

For spells when we were playing poorly our only tactic was either to lump it to morelos or pass to Kent & expect him to drive past numerous defenders from just past the half way line so its no wonder he lost the ball.

With better players around him & less dependence on him to create something out of nothing constantly will help him massively as it should give him more space.

Yes he has his flaws which are well documented but he was easily one of our best players last season especially once he was up to speed.

Like Morelos it seems trendy on here to put Kent down & deny that he was excellent last season

Like Morelos it seems trendy on here to put Kent down & deny that he was excellent last season
Whatever it is it isn’t trendy. I’ve been going against the grain on Kent since he signed. He is divisive though, you can even see that in the comments of Liverpool fans on Twitter from yesterday.

Last edited:
The reason I would quite like to see him back is that he stepped his game right up towards the end of the season. Nonetheless, if he doesn’t, then he was a successful loan, couple of great moments, and I am sure we can cope.

For spells when we were playing poorly our only tactic was either to lump it to morelos or pass to Kent & expect him to drive past numerous defenders from just past the half way line so its no wonder he lost the ball.

With better players around him & less dependence on him to create something out of nothing constantly will help him massively as it should give him more space.

Yes he has his flaws which are well documented but he was easily one of our best players last season especially once he was up to speed.

The same folk who talk down genuine quality in Kent and Alfredo will be talking up Waghorn and Windass

It would seem Kent is now been given an opportunity to show Klopp whether he’s good enough for Liverpool to sustain a place in squad this coming season, if he fails to impress I feel that will him be done with Liverpool and be sold or loaned out with a deal in place etc.

The same folk who talk down genuine quality in Kent and Alfredo will be talking up Waghorn and Windass
Well what is “genuine quality”? Who in our current squad meets that bar for you for example? It’s subjective but certainly not a phrase I’d use with Kent

Looked classy last night... Ideal scenario would be for him to be announced by Jim White on the 8th Aug when the English transfer window closes.. I know ours finishes 2nd of Sept... But would enjoy the big hullabaloo on sky as the mins tick down... With all the unwashed tuning in to see who they never got...

Well what is “genuine quality”? Who in our current squad meets that bar for you for example? It’s subjective but certainly not a phrase I’d use with Kent
Genuine quality or not, he scares Celtic. He played well against them, and was gaining consistency as time went on. He's still a kid. He's probably not good enough for Liverpool, but he'll most likely be a good EPL player.

His end product really does need to improve, but he clearly has ability that could take him to a higher level.

I think his performances against the scum have elevated his status and some fans have forgotten the games where he was frustrating. It would be great to get him back again, but I don’t think it’s pivotal to us winning the league as others have made out.

Whatever it is it isn’t trendy. I’ve been going against the grain on Kent since he signed. He is divisive though, you can even see that in the comments of Liverpool fans on Twitter from yesterday.

Taking a stance and deciding that's that and never budging is pretty daft to be honest. Whats the point?

His end product really does need to improve, but he clearly has ability that could take him to a higher level.

I think his performances against the scum have elevated his status and some fans have forgotten the games where he was frustrating. It would be great to get him back again, but I don’t think it’s pivotal to us winning the league as others have made out.

Someone with a proven track record of tearing Celtic apart is pivotal to our success any way you look at it.

Kent will be playing in a team that has now been together for a full year with a a way of playing that now gets the best out of the majority of our players he will only get better as the season goes on if we can get him personally if Morelos is sold for £20 million if like to see us make a £8-10 million bid for him permanantly

Taking a stance and deciding that's that and never budging is pretty daft to be honest. Whats the point?
That’s not what I’ve done if that’s what you’re suggesting. Long and short of it is that people look for different qualities in a winger and Kent is loved by many but previous threads on here have shown that plenty are like me and just can’t see past the lack of end product.

Very quick to shoot Kent down.

“stat radars” are literally the least useful form of statistic. Anyone can make a stat radar look good or bad.

Direct wingers WILL have a high unsuccessful dribble or 1v1 stats because their job is literally to take players on, if everyone on the field tried to take as many players on as Kent does, then they would have very similar “stat radar”. They don’t, so of course it’s going to be a skewed result.
Forgot to respond to this. I referenced a radar in connection with possession turnover but I didn’t say I was relying on one radar alone with my other comments, Modern Fitba have had articles covering loads of different stats and I’ve seen some radars from other sources.

Agree 100% that direct wingers will always have high possession turnover, but the radar compares only to players in the same position and Kent looked top of the league. A stat on paper is one thing but it is very much what I see of him on the park with very inconsistent passing/delivery and running into trouble a lot. People seem to think on here that if you mention stats you must not watch the games.

He is a special player and I hope we get him back as it will give us some great extra options.

Let's use the playing field of Scotland, because well that's the playing field we play on...of course opinions are subjective but to think Kent isn't of genuine quality in the Scottish game the debate is over before it begins for me

Let's use the playing field of Scotland, because well that's the playing field we play on...of course opinions are subjective but to think Kent isn't of genuine quality in the Scottish game the debate is over before it begins for me
I felt he found his level up here, I didn’t think he looked way above the rest of our squad at all.

Forgot to respond to this. I referenced a radar in connection with possession turnover but I didn’t say I was relying on one radar alone with my other comments, Modern Fitba have had articles covering loads of different stats and I’ve seen some radars from other sources.

Agree 100% that direct wingers will always have high possession turnover, but the radar compares only to players in the same position and Kent looked top of the league. A stat on paper is one thing but it is very much what I see of him on the park with very inconsistent passing/delivery and running into trouble a lot. People seem to think on here that if you mention stats you must not watch the games.
I just think stats are a bad way to judge wingers, whom naturally, are the most inconsistent players on the field... unless it’s crossing stats.

Kent will be playing in a team that has now been together for a full year with a a way of playing that now gets the best out of the majority of our players he will only get better as the season goes on if we can get him personally if Morelos is sold for £20 million if like to see us make a £8-10 million bid for him permanantly

I genuinely don’t think we should pay anything like that for him.

Kent has a number of things going for him:

He's young and will get better
He knows our league
He's a big game player - look at his performances versus Celtic. He literally had them running scared. Football is more than stats. He scored 6 goals in 27 games. Thats okay, but that could easily be 12 next year as he played inside at the end of the season.

Kent snt the finished article and like somebody said if he was he'd most likely be playing in their first team.

Personally I think he needs to work on his assists and shooting and there are better options out there which cost money though so for a loan deal it makes sense to get him back.

Back