Kent

Kent's biggest problem is his lack of footballing intelligence- to often waits for the ball into feet while static, very rarely runs off the ball to open up space especially coming inside. He often hinders Borna going forward cause of his need to hug the wing and sit just beyond the half way line to collect the ball. On his day when it clicks is great just not enough of them days.

There were two flashes from him -- the pass he gave for Borna's "goal" (sadly pulled back for Kent's offside), and his attempt in extra time, which at least showed willingness to try for the ball.

However (and I'm usually a fan of his) I was surprised he stayed on the pitch until the end.
He was being marked out of the game (sometimes pretty harshly) but I still feel he could have linked play up more, rather than giving it away.

Maybe the suggestions that he should have a go on the right, and Matondo get back onto the left, have some weight after all.
Should have been subbed off.

I would sell in January.
Does not do enough
I would sell him in a car boot sale tomorrow for a fiver!
I've supported Rangers all my life and I'm on my way 75 years of age!

Do we really need a winger that turns it on every four or five game?
To howls of applause on what a fantastic player the dud is?
It's easy to see now why Liverpool were so easy to deal with for him?

Tonight he had the full park to assess his position and still got it wrong!
Cost a player a collectors item of a peach of a goal? (Lost forever in his career)

I would sell him in a car boot sale tomorrow for a fiver!
I've supported Rangers all my life and I'm on my way 75 years of age!

Do we really need a winger that turns it on every four or five game?
To howls of applause on what a fantastic player the dud is?
It's easy to see now why Liverpool were so easy to deal with for him?

Tonight he had the full park to assess his position and still got it wrong!
Cost a player a collectors item of a peach of a goal? (Lost forever in his career)
We got sold a pup so we sell him on

Lol sell to who? No one with half a brain would take Kent for even a half decent sum because he’s not good enough.

I find it hard to criticize our forward players as whenever we get the ball forward they are all isolated. This comes from our shape/ setup. We have all seen the quality they can produce before.

Aye suppose you’ve got to blame someone so be aswell making it him.
As much as I like Kent his dorm this season so far has been abysmal. He's a left sided playmaker, his job is to get beyond defences to open them and create openings for or forwards, please tell me when he's been successful in doing that consistently this season. The floors all yours

He's genuinely awful.

His attempt to curl one in from inside the box was typically weak then his shot from outside the box went about 15 yards...how can a professional footballer not hit the ball more than 20 yards at the goal?

Well we have a problem cause he is shite
Yes Gl, we do have a problem.
Our midfield,
Combine, Jack, Davis, Lundstrom, Kamara, Tillman, None of them any help to the center forward.
Wright, Fashion, Matondo, our fast players with no end product.
In fact an old saying was, if you opened the Rangers gates, they would keep running out and down Edmiston drive.
Tav and Connor are having a poor start.
Tav being caught neither up or back.
You said it, we have a problem.

Yes Gl, we do have a problem.
Our midfield,
Combine, Jack, Davis, Lundstrom, Kamara, Tillman, None of them any help to the center forward.
Wright, Fashion, Matondo, our fast players with no end product.
In fact an old saying was, if you opened the Rangers gates, they would keep running out and down Edmiston drive.
Tav and Connor are having a poor start.
Tav being caught neither up or back.
You said it, we have a problem.
Totally agree why didn't the give the buff some time on the park?
We're the management afraid he would score?

Shocking! Slows down play too much,drops too deep, passing is terrible, shooting is terrible and loses the ball far too much

Mince and has been for a while. The moment in the first half when he checked his run and didn’t run in behind said it all to me. Picks up the ball far too deep and played safe passes. Not dangerous in the slightest.
How. Often. Does he have the ball on the wing on a counter attack only to turn back and pass back to the defence and we are back to square one :eek: infuriating

People say he never hides, but he's one of the first to put his head down, when things get tough. If he wasn't English there's no way he would have went for 7 million.

Kent’s work rate has always got him away with his crap final product etc, But even now he’s just walking around throwing his hands in the air

If he wants a move to a bigger club he better start producing it
Far too late mate he has been poor over hslf of last season and all of this season , as another poster said he will be playing English championship football next season

Not long ago the mentally challengedrs were terrified of him,not now, it's definitely a combination of our tactics and his attitude.

Kent has been living off 2 games Vs Celtic from 4 years ago, and still fans think he will come good.

He’s hopeless, no end product , no goals and now he’s in the last year he’s decided to chuck it completely effort wise, the only
Thing he had going for him.

Tbf he was probs our best player created the borna offside and almost scored at end
You had a blow to the head? He was caught asleep/lazy (take your pick) and robbed Borna of a goal because of it.

I’m also pretty sure his shot that was deflected was going wide.

Im one of Kent’s biggest fans but he’s been garbage all season.

Cannae go this "aye but he always has two players on him" defence either tbh. Do other teams not have attacking players that get doubled up on? Yet they still manage numbers that are leagues better than 3 goals in 50 games or whatever his grim record is.

He will end up at QPR on a free transfer at the end of the season

Will go down as the most overated player in my time following Rangers.

His attitude tonight was awful

Lazy, weak, pushed off the ball multiple times

Was my favourite player in this team until recent weeks. Now I’ll be happy to see the back of him and would take a couple of million for him in January if offered

He,s a flare player with not much flare !
when did he last get a wow from us and I mean with an end product not just a Scott Allan pass situation

2 on 2 in first half with tilman and he used his energies to hide behind defenders and not make himself available.

Instead again he used his energy to shout at the referee for throw ins he didnt agree with.

He couldnt be arsed to get himself onside when the guy with the ball has his arms up signalling hes playing it long to him.

I said last year sakala has the similar numbers as him.

Every mf laughed. Hes coasted for too long. This is what happens when you give people a shirt unconditionally.

Need a new manager. Asap
He was standing in their penalty area pulling his socks up when the ball was still in play with Kamara instead of going out to help him,unbelievable

His attitude tonight was awful

Lazy, weak, pushed off the ball multiple times

Was my favourite player in this team until recent weeks. Now I’ll be happy to see the back of him and would take a couple of million for him in January if offered
Ajax were having so much success on our left hand side as he was not getting goal side of his man quick enough or following his man, and with Barisic not liking to get too close to his man they were causing us all sorts of problems there. I don't get why Kent never looks for that ball over the top down the left wing and instead will stand on the touchline sometimes five yards away from Barisic or whoever, waiting for the ball to feet.

According to FotMob he created no chances and had 1 successful dribble tonight (the same as Leon King, Lundstram and others). Contributing nothing.

Back