Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no preference or let it annoy me but my granda is from londonderry. Was in the no surrender flute band and from a loyalist family. They all call it derry. I'm in the apprentice boys of derry. Although I do like to shout LONDON before derry when singing the sash.
Too true.Most people up in the town as i call it don't give a toss tbh .Obviously speaking to a bitter one you'll make your point and i would never dream of writing derry down on paper but its not a big deal to the folk in the city.
Most of the people that rear their head about this are not from the place to start with .
Like yourself ,my grandad was in the No Surrenders and in later years the Thiepval Accordian with my uncle who went on to play with the Hammies .My bro and newphew are both Churchill men and i have only recently left the William Kings after 33 years .
As near as 15 miles away where i ve lived most of my life ,i get young upstarts giving it loud when i'd mention derry. Quickly put right on it .Most of them never set foot in it outside the August and Dec parades . I have many relatives all over the city and never hear any of them saying londonderry on any regular basis .
If derry is ok for the people who actually live there ,well its good enough for me .
As i say, i just call it the town when speaking to our family circle

For the people that live there I'd say yes
Given your name what would you call Christchurch? How does that fit it with your belief system? Genuine question btw.
No its not mate ,no harm but your wrong on that
Of course they are proud and protective of the full name for good reason but its just not used on a daily basis in general talk .

ErzhKjnXAAIaX8O
This season has really done a number on Laxalt.

Look at her there in the bottom left and look at her now.

Significant damage to her image rights income.

Every 3 points we pick up is absolutely destroying them from the inside out. They thought a collapse would happen from the 2nd. Their pain is absolutely surreal
The plan was for them to win the old firm, go to Dubai for some R&R, watch us drop points away to the sheep and then close the gap even further when they played Hibs the next day.

How’s that working out mentally challenged scum.

Too true.Most people up in the town as i call it don't give a toss tbh .Obviously speaking to a bitter one you'll make your point and i would never dream of writing derry down on paper but its not a big deal to the folk in the city.
Most of the people that rear their head about this are not from the place to start with .
Like yourself ,my grandad was in the No Surrenders and in later years the Thiepval Accordian with my uncle who went on to play with the Hammies .My bro and newphew are both Churchill men and i have only recently left the William Kings after 33 years .
As near as 15 miles away where i ve lived most of my life ,i get young upstarts giving it loud when i'd mention derry. Quickly put right on it .Most of them never set foot in it outside the August and Dec parades . I have many relatives all over the city and never hear any of them saying londonderry on any regular basis .
If derry is ok for the people who actually live there ,well its good enough for me .
I work for a delivery company and some of the fuckers actually have free derry on their parcels address. That's where a line has to be drawn lol.

For the people that live there I'd say yes
Given your name what would you call Christchurch? How does that fit it with your belief system? Genuine question btw.
I’d probably just call it Christchurch, I don’t care. I know nothing about the place other than the shooting. Is there a controversy?

Hahahaha I actually forgot that Jimmy Ping existed. Just imagine the absolute agony that wee chode is feeling right now. Honestly, the thought of pondlife like him having to watch us win the title and lord it over them just makes it even sweeter. If we can't win it at the Piggery it would be brilliant to win it against them.

We only added the London to f*** with the Irish. There was no need for us to do that, it just makes them angrier.
The walled city itself was built from money donated by livery companies from London's medieval guilds after the old settlement of Derry was destroyed in the 1608 burning of Derry. They were even slightly different locations.

When even Jim Spence is having a go then you know you are in bad shape.
Is he?
From that I'm interpreting he is just following the scum support narrative. You know, 'They've stolen our club', 'It's the work of Satan'. 'Fascist's on the board'. All that pish. As if it's all someone else's fault. He's a scum apologist after all. Now just pandering to the goon brigade.

Not a dig at you BM, just a different take on it. B-D

Think it’s more to do with the victimhood that Celtic were founded on,since 1888 they have attracted the cranks,weirdos,bigots and Protestant /Unionists haters to the cult like club they travel through their very alternate universe,filled with conspiracy and hate.
I know a few catholics,who don’t follow celtic and they are not like these people.
However I know a few guys who never went to catholic school,non catholic upbringing and non celtic families who are if anything more deranged than the classic “Celtic minded”.
The non lot have to try harder because they know they are not wanted.

Cant argue with that.

If some of our brethren from across the sea could could confirm this I would be grateful.

The world famous Irish dirge 'Danny Boy' has words written and sung to an even older piece of music called 'The Londonderry Air'

Fact or false? Genuine question.

You know, when 55 is secured, and we’re setting off fireworks all over the place and singing and dancing in the streets, folk like him will be rocking back and forth in the corner whispering “they‘re deid, they don’t exist” etc.
True mate. Absolute fruitcake.

Also, grown men arguing on a scum mockery thread about the name of a town is an absolute riddy

If some of our brethren from across the sea could could confirm this I would be grateful.

The world famous Irish dirge 'Danny Boy' has words written and sung to an even older piece of music called 'The Londonderry Air'

Fact or false? Genuine question.
Music was written first then words were added much later

Just begging to be changed, anyone good at photoshop?

Over the years I’ve seen many a Celtic top with reference to us. Gazza 8 All The Pies to the vile and disgusting Ha Ha 66! I’ve never once saw a Rangers top with any kind of reference to them on it. That’s the measure of them, wee man syndrome, absolutely nothing with us! Pathetic diddy club!

Just begging to be changed, anyone good at photoshop?

The Lisbon lions are nearly all deed why because it was 54 yrs ago ffs I’m 55 and not in my time did I think we chasing them at any stage of my life,no one apart from them knows or really cares about them that’s not being harsh that’s just reality once again we are in their uppermost thoughts what a way to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back