Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

Phil o'donnel dies at the end of 2007, celtic demand the OF game cancelled as players were too upset then they go sign hinkel on jan 4th.

I think it was on here and pointed out that of celtics squad only stephen mcmanus may have played or trained at best with o'donnell.
Torbett et al aside...the use of O’Donnel’s death is the worst chapter in Scottish football’s shameful kowtowing to that fuuckin cesspit of a club.

Utterly hideous episode.

Phil o'donnel dies at the end of 2007, celtic demand the OF game cancelled as players were too upset then they go sign hinkel on jan 4th.

I think it was on here and pointed out that of celtics squad only stephen mcmanus may have played or trained at best with o'donnell.
Don't forget the fact that Dundee hibs who played Motherwell in the game where O'Donnell collapsed weren't allowed to postpone their next game

Torbett et al aside...the use of O’Donnel’s death is the worst chapter in Scottish football’s shameful kowtowing to that fuuckin cesspit of a club.

Utterly hideous episode.
It’s never discussed either just put down to that the Celtic players where very shocked and didn’t want to play Rangers even though O’Donnell had left Celtic 8 years earlier such a shameful act .

they actually trained two days before the game was due.
then sneakily leaked to the media scum that they were going to request the game get postponed .
of course we had to agree to this, but their sneaky antics meant we would have been under severe pressure if we refused.

Im going to disagree slightly, I dont think there was any leak, IIRC strachan came out and said in their press conference that they would be going to ask for the postponement. Therefore putting the pressure on the SPL and Rangers to agree.

Dundee U asked a couple of times for a postponement but was done in private with no media.

Others may recall better than me @SDF, the beggars were all for playing the game a couple of days before but on the Monday they started their shit as they had a heavy injury list.

BF557299-4-AF2-49-D2-9-E55-13-D9-F71-BEEEA.gif

Im going to disagree slightly, I dont think there was any leak, IIRC strachan came out and said in their press conference that they would be going to ask for the postponement. Therefore putting the pressure on the SPL and Rangers to agree.

Dundee U asked a couple of times for a postponement but was done in private with no media.

Others may recall better than me @SDF, the beggars were all for playing the game a couple of days before but on the Monday they started their shit as they had a heavy injury list.

Jarosik got injured on the Saturday to add to Nakamura's injury and McGeady's suspension.

You saw this?

Ooft! :D That soul searching opener from specsaver random raver is a beaut! :p
Interesting take on the lack of crowd & the enmity from the crowd, many have said here about the less than full houses this season and of course the very apparent lack of fitness of their players.
But gosh do they otherwise talk pish.

I couldn’t name another club that has been reinstated, after exiting a European competition, in the modern era. They have been reinstated twice.
I can only think of Leeds 92. I’m sure they were knocked out by a German side but they fielded an ineligible player?
I have just googled it, Leeds had to play Stuttgart again in a 3rd tie, but they had fielded an ineligible player.

You saw this?

Ooft! :D That soul searching opener from specsaver random raver is a beaut! :p
Was listening to this today, guy said their young full back Montgomery? Was arguing with the crowd during the game, crowd all booing them as they took their ‘lap of honour’ him and his daughter have been the only two people sitting in a full row for every game this season, rest of the row empty.

Beautiful. B-)

Jarosik got injured on the Saturday to add to Nakamura's injury and McGeady's suspension.

Cheers, below is McManus talking about the game, at this stage there was no talk about cancelling the game. McManus was the one that played with PoD.

But Stephen McManus, the Celtic captain, has insisted his team remain relaxed. "I don't think we feel as if we are under as much pressure as people make out," he said. "Three Old Firm defeats in a row is obviously great ammunition for the press to make headlines out of but we've been taking it a game at a time."

I can only think of Leeds 92. I’m sure they were knocked out by a German side but they fielded an ineligible player?
I have just googled it, Leeds had to play Stuttgart again in a 3rd tie, but they had fielded an ineligible player.
Yeah, I remember it now. The game was played at the Nou Camp. Even they got the chance of a rematch, unlike shellick’s opponents, who were just booted out.

Timmy Hendrix.

Born of oppression. ? lol

They were the richest club in Scotland when they were shat into existence in 1888. They had the wealth of the RC Church and local RC businessmen to provide a fortune to build a brand new stadium before they even had a team in place. They then created that team by financially bribing the best players in Scotland to jump ship from their clubs and head to the Piggery. It should also be noted that paying players was banned in what was a strictly amateur sport. Celtc were corrupt, cheats and liars from the very start. Nothing has changed, even in 2021.

Born of oppression. ? lol

They were the richest club in Scotland when they were shat into existence in 1888. They had the wealth of the RC Church and local RC businessmen to provide a fortune to build a brand new stadium before they even had a team in place. They then created that team by financially bribing the best players in Scotland to jump ship from their clubs and head to the Piggery. It should also be noted that paying players was banned in what was a strictly amateur sport. Celtc were corrupt, cheats and liars from the very start. Nothing has changed, even in 2021.
They hate us being called an Institution, they have always been in our shadow, think they love the sympathy vote regarding them as always being cheated.

Was listening to this today, guy said their young full back Montgomery? Was arguing with the crowd during the game, crowd all booing them as they took their ‘lap of honour’ him and his daughter have been the only two people sitting in a full row for every game this season, rest of the row empty.

Beautiful. B-)
Is dodgy Desmonds corporate season book laundry scheme eventually being noticed then?

I remember the tickets for that game were printed Ramgers v Leeds/Stuttgart. I guess that was because the 3rd tie was so soon before the Rangers game.

The challenge by that big Dutch wank on 6:30 is as blatant a red card as you’ll ever see. It’s not just dangerous and reckless, he actually means it the prick.

Also Caldwell blocking the ball standing like a starfish in the box early doors is a pen
Watching that game shows you how much the game has changed with regards to fouls.

If that game was being reffed by todays standards, it would have finished with 8 men on each team. Most of those bookings would be straight reds.

Why do they always make up lies?
Because the idiots they tell them to repeat it as gospel, despite the fact that they themselves know it was created in a vat of bile and shiete!
It then gets trotted out in the media, i.e. Rangers can’t play in front of a crowd! Like fúck we can’t, we put the rabids to the sword and stoped that one dead. Think about it tho, that came from some diddy on KDS or whatever site it was. There was no proof, we beat Braga in a red hot atmosphere at 2-0 down, we are undefeated at the piggery, played countless away games in Europe, but still it got trotted out at the last old firm like it was based on stats!

"Injuries have affected Celtc more than any other team"...

It is the current phrase (paraphrased) we have heard over the last few weeks, by the mhedia and their fans and club.

However, Kev (Kevin?) on the H&H preview show this week made the brilliant point that it is the current narrative. (Not sure if he is on here).

Last year the narratives were "Lack of crowds affected Celtc more than any other team" and "Covid affected Celtic more than any other team".

Fu.k knows what it will be next year, but can anyone else remember what other excuses they came up with previously, in the 90s, 2000s etc.

Refs, for example, were a problem in the late 2000s and Celtc caused the referee strike. But for the years we weren't in the top league, and then those laterly where we posed no threat, refs were never an issue. Until suddenly there was a challenge from us, then it was the old masonic refs again.

:))

"I see these carrots have found another novel way to gain an advantage in Europe. There are no adult fans allowed into Sparta's ground on Thursday, school kids up to a max of 10k only. I can't be sure, but I thought most European nations were back to admitting fans normally again. The mind boggles what else will go in their favour before the group finishes."
Yeah it's our fault their fans are racist fucks. What a tit.

They had injuries and suspensions and their squad would have been decimated for the New Year OF. 99% of the people at Celtic at the time would neither have worked with or played with him, but they were so affected by his passing they wouldn't have been able to play a game.

The day they signed Hinkel was the day of the funeral FFS!

Another example of a brassneck you couldn't mark with a blowtorch.
Yet they made Motherwell and the opposition from the day he died play on.

Back