Kevin Harper binned by Lochee United after five days as manager

mdingwall

Administrator
Back in the early 90s I used to get the bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh every morning for work. Kevin Harper was on the bus most days heading for training with Hibs.

After a few months I got a promotion so could afford to get the train instead, but I guess he was still on the bus til he moved to Derby 6 years later.

Back in the early 90s I used to get the bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh every morning for work. Kevin Harper was on the bus most days heading for training with Hibs.

After a few months I got a promotion so could afford to get the train instead, but I guess he was still on the bus til he moved to Derby 6 years later.
think he was still living with his granny in possil at that time.

Possil to Buchanan Street, Buchanan Street to St Andews Square (delays on the M8 every day), St Andrews Square to Easter Road.

He'd had a long day even before he got to training.

I'm sure he opened his own menswear shop back when he was at Hibs. I guess that didn't work out for him or maybe he still has it. I do remember a game at Ibrox against Hibs. We had absolutely pumped them and as usual the traffic was horrendous. I found myself stuck right next to him in the jam for a few minutes. We both had our windows down and he was very complimentary about the Rangers and admitted his team had been well beaten. Seemed a decent chap.

That is a fûcking riveting tale old fellow.

Was a great little player for Derby, I seem to remember him scoring the winner for us at Anfield one year.

Just passing on my tales of mixing with the rich and famous on the Glasgow to Edinburgh bus. I saw Gary Wilmot on it once too.
IvHGERC5moo5.gif

I'm sure he opened his own menswear shop back when he was at Hibs. I guess that didn't work out for him or maybe he still has it. I do remember a game at Ibrox against Hibs. We had absolutely pumped them and as usual the traffic was horrendous. I found myself stuck right next to him in the jam for a few minutes. We both had our windows down and he was very complimentary about the Rangers and admitted his team had been well beaten. Seemed a decent chap.
Fashion wise, it was an anything goes type of shop. A Harper's Bazaar as it were.

Echoing a lot of the above I always thought he was a good young player and he might have ended up at us or them.

In hindsight he was kind of one dimensional and not as good as say Neil McCann.

Still, getting sacked after 5 days, takes some going!

Last time I spoke to him he was coaching west park boys team. Seemed a sound guy. This was just a few weeks back.
He coaches kids/youth teams, coached a team my son played for a couple of times a few years back, really decent guy was our impression.

Guy who bank rolls lochee united was paying him £500 a week, they gave him the job but the old guys on the committee felt they hadn’t been consulted. Guy has withdrawn any further money to club. He runs McGills electrical and a few other things.

and your point is with regards to this story?
It’s in response to post 38. Yes, I didn’t quote the post, but answers his questions. Plus it could be a reason why the sponsor pulled out.

That good enough an explanation for you? Not that I needed one

We played under14s& 15s together at Partick Thistle boys, was 3 of us around the same area we used to get the bus to training together. He was always a good lad as far as I can remember.

Back