Kevin Muscat - It was the most fantastic period of my career and also my life

At least there is evidence in this thread that some folk thought he was a prick before going to them :))

I genuinely can't remember him playing for us so a bit meh for me. I was about 11/12 when he signed though so probably never paid much attention.

"Muscat went on to lead Rangers to one of the club's greatest seasons regardless and alongside fellow Aussie teammate Craig Moore is still held in high regard at Ibrox, despite both of their relatively short tenures."

Sorry, whit?

Lead = wrong
Held in high regard = wrong
Short tenure (Moore) = wrong

How bad is that piece?

He was/is a knob and should never ever have been signed.

Muscat was what passed for a hardman at that point in time - full of running into people full pelt and snidey kicks.
He wasn’t a player blessed with much ability and was essentially a low budget Vinnie Jones (who could actually play a bit when he remembered).

Not sure a what the Celtic support will
Make of an EBT recipient being their assistant manager mind you - this should be fun.

Their first defeat is going to be off the scale.
Reading that, I actually wonder whether there were any freedom of information requestes with regards to increases in domestic violence after each OF game this season? Would make an interesting read, not least in comparison to any game we lost in recent seasons - given that the Scum were humbled 4 out of 5 times and drew the remaining game this time around.

Never trusted in an OF game.

Waste of a Jersey for us but knowing he will be with them makes me think the scum will hate him more.

An absolute thug and fuckin screwball.

Mind he blindsided Paddy Kenny in the tunnel in the Warnock documentary and countless other games he just wanted to hurt people or fight.

Classless disgrace that should've been nowhere near our club. Match made in hell for that lot.

We're making it too obvious now imo everybody in football knows big Ange has a painting of Oor Billy crossing the Boyne. :D :D

Hopefully our HR department have sent him a letter tonight saying that the loan is being recalled. Something along the lines of, hi Kevin mind that time we loaned you 1m and said we could recall it any time in the future and you signed off on it, well that time has come when we are recalling it. If want to get Ra sellik to pay it then that's fine. As per the letter you signed you have 12 calender months to repay.

You’re fooling no one Declan.

*for the avoidance of doubt I know this poster to be staunch, and undeserving of the retarded claims made elsewhere by someone I’ve never heard of.
I appreciate the hauners from yourself raffles and supergers elsewhere but if I’ve managed 20 years on here with 1 username, 1 rushed post completely misunderstood by a handful not that big a deal B-D

We really need to focus on what Kevin Muscat was part of. Integral in the group as much as JD was this season. Just because he’s a thug or bang average it doesnt matter. He was there and part of a treble.

Its what he represents that is important. The very era Celtic had the SFA in cahoots with them trying to delete forever declared as void. There’s still Celtic people trying to do that to this day.

They tried to delete this guys treble. He had an EBT worth more than Ange’s compensation. Now they want him in their dugout ? For real ?

Mock them. Mock Celtic. Show no mercy.

By the look of it, someone has already updated Agent Muscat's wiki-page!

Wikipedia

Kevin Vincent Muscat (born 7 August 1973) is an Australian association football manager and former player who most recently managed Belgian First Division-A club Sint-Truiden. As a player, he represented the Australia national team at international level winning 46 caps and scoring 10 goals between 1994 and 2006. He hates the unwashed side of Glasgow and is going to wrap the nut on that fanny Leigh Griffiths, the cokehead dog.

Just shows general lack of attention to detail in journalism nowadays. It would not have taken long to check the facts
Well said. Unfortunately, it's not about facts these days. Just write the first shite that comes into your head with enough bait to fish for clicks and hope it gets published in print too.

Muscat is a thug and an arsehole.

I met him in Canberra when he came along to the city centre RSL to watch Rangers beat Celtic. Despite the stories on here he was a perfect gentleman and committed to Rangers.

Its bad enough that our enemies attack us but I dont see the point in posting such horrible comments about an ex Ger. I hope he doesnt read this.

I remember him being a liability due to being shéite at tackling, always looked like he was stretching for it. Hurlock was hard, but could play the game, Muscat was poor at everything.
That said, it would hilarious if he ended up there!

Glasgow Times has just said it isn’t happening. Also said that the deal with Ange, whilst advanced, is not yet done.
Mental

In December 2013, the Spanish football website El Gol Digital named Muscat as football's dirtiest ever player.
Thats nothing, Alfie won the Scottish equivalent 3 years running. In all seriousness good luck to the guy, he's going to need it when the carpark fills with sharks.

Its hilarious I’m sat here at lunch trying to explain to the family that Celtic are not only imploding they are making a Rangers treble winner assistant manager. I’ve maybe typed my post too quick.

A player that was pretty tight with Barry Oz Neil McCann and Fernando if I recall correctly. He had a sizeable EBT.

A teammate of Allan McGregor

Celtic tried to remove his trophies and medals from him (and still they try) and now he’s being offered a job as Celtic assistant manager.

It’s open goal stuff. Banter years on steroids.

Mercilessly mock them, dont just shrug and say ‘Never liked Kevin Muscat’, remember what he was part of and remind them.

At least there is evidence in this thread that some folk thought he was a prick before going to them :))

I genuinely can't remember him playing for us so a bit meh for me. I was about 11/12 when he signed though so probably never paid much attention.
I remember being annoyed when we signed him as I thought he was a thug and a potential embarrassment to the club. But like many others, don't actually remember him playing at all.

Maybe tag the guy if you want him to reply instead of bitching about him anonymously.
Behave yourself, read my posts before acting like a dafty! I’ve seen enough of Nelsters post to know he’s not one of them, hence the wording as a bit of jest. Maybe go and have a wee word with yourself and settle yourself down.

Behave yourself, read my posts before acting like a dafty! I’ve seen enough of Nelsters post to know he’s not one of them, hence the wording as a bit of jest. Maybe go and have a wee word with yourself and settle yourself down.
It was yesterday mate :))

That's standard for ex Rangers players on here.
Apart from Black.
I can't think of another explayer I'd call an arsehole.
Liked Muscat.
And by all accounts folk who have a genuine and reasonable conversation with folk like Muscat or Barton have only good things to say.
Makes me wonder what the same folk will say about Alfie in 10 years if he's playing for Everton or Valencia or such like and still getting 2 or 3 reds a season.

Back