Kevin Thomson - Killie job and 'harsh reality'

I'm neither outraged, worked up, or offended. I find it funny that some think I am.

I quite like him, I certainly don't dislike him. All I said was that he could have worded that a lot better than he did.

Me too. Either way, who gives a shïte. One or two comments on RTV that folk weren’t keen on and now we’re scraping the barrel to find other issues.

The same path we seem to go down with anyone connected to Rangers.
I listened to the whole interview and what came across to me is that he’s highly ambitious and has confidence in his self which is no bad thing at all.when KT took over a kelty they had six first team players as most of the previous years players were only on one year contracts to get them up.
we really can’t handle any ex ranger not towing the FF narrative.

Saw this on the BBC website. Felt that his comments on who he could manage were a bit strange. It just doesn't read that great to me, he could have put that a lot better.

His opinions on things have been somewhat devalued since he publicly stuck up for his mate Scotty IMO.

Always been of the opinion that being a Bluenose for Kevin is when the Blue Pounds are reaching his pocket, don't think he'd be so staunch if not on nice wee earners.
Imo of course.

I think KT just used a common phrase in his interview and as someone said above could also be interpreted as he wouldn’t be offered nor wish to be Celtic manager . Either way for me it’s of no importance really .

Already said on the other thread I’m not with KT in his Scott Brown comments .

Always been of the opinion that being a Bluenose for Kevin is when the Blue Pounds are reaching his pocket, don't think he'd be so staunch if not on nice wee earners.
Imo of course.

Exactly, those Heart and Hand appearances are keeping food on the table for a guy who spent years and years earning five figures a week. Believe he's co-writing a book with Marco Negri next :mad:

Think he was trying to say there are only two top jobs in Scotland and because he played for Rangers he has one to aim for. Whoever penned the article has made it sound like he will never get the chance to manage Celtic so will need to settle for Rangers.
That's exactly what he was meaning and that's what he said, Craig Levein then piped in saying "Aye you've no chance of getting the Hearts job Either".
It was a great interview and he came across really well.

I’m more surprised he’s went for the Killie job than strange “harsh reality” comment.

If KT ever gets the Rangers job then we will have went backwards.
Cannot see the fascination with him tbh.
Some of his comments on RTV re Hibs were stupid.

Think he was trying to say there are only two top jobs in Scotland and because he played for Rangers he has one to aim for. Whoever penned the article has made it sound like he will never get the chance to manage Celtic so will need to settle for Rangers.

Propaganda. Subtle but effective.

It's fairly obvious what Thomson meant with that comment about not ever managing C****c. Not something to get annoyed about in the slightest.

I like Kevin Thomson but if anything, I think he's a little too honest and a little too open with the media at this stage in his career. He needs to know when to respond and when to keep quiet, I think he could do with a little guidance from a more experienced manager, a mentor if you like. However, it's clear that he is intent on forging a managerial career, he could easily have stayed at Rangers coaching in the youth set-up, but he decided to go prove himself and build a career as a manager. So fair play to him for that. I'm not a fan on RTV though, I don't think a media career as a pundit beckons.

Back