Kieran Wright signs new deal

He must have been in our set up for 12-13 years, and as of Saturday, he grew up a Celtic fan, is as committed to our club as anyone you will find
Neil McCann anyone ? I hate them with a vengeance but once they understand what we are about. They can get it.

You sound as bad and paranoid as them and I’m not saying that my opinion trumps anyone’s or is unequivocally correct, what I am saying is that to suggest that a purported fan of another club would give anything less than 100% while playing for us is wide of the mark. It simply wouldn’t give them any credibility with a future employer/ club.

We’ve had plenty of supposed Celtic-minded players come to us, most notably Neil McCann and Scott Arfield… can you say either of those two weren’t giving 100% for the badge?! Players like O’Halloran were never, ever of the quality we needed, which is a different matter entirely.

Agree, it does always look like the sheep and Dundee Hibs give more against us than them but I think in recent years, we’ve not been willing to match them in the battle at times in truth.

I’ve had first hand experience of playing against my childhood club as well as for them and I can guarantee you, that I was as determined to do as well against them as any other team and when playing for them, was just as desperate to do well. That is just how it is.

I appreciate fans, of which I am one, want to see our own club as the number one thing in the world but as players at professional level, it doesn’t quite work like that. Even ‘our own’ like Barry Ferguson, Alan Hutton etc moved on if better opportunities present themselves. That’s just how it is.
You’re talking about Neil McCann and Scott Arfield, yet you dismiss O’Halloran as he wasn’t that good, that’s saying things to suit your narrative.

O’Halloran was an absolute fraud of a player for us. However, in the last 10 years, Scotland has become an extremely toxic place with the SNP responsible for fanning division but alienating one demographic.

This lack of impartiality/professionalism has filtered into all areas of society with the one way street of division and the only victims being Catholics, Muslims or Irish Catholics. The additional diatribe spouted by the Police Scotland boss epitomises this. We have a bigot and a racist first minister with a party that is 90% or more the one demographic.

Times have changed, from what I’ve seen, footballers in this backwater are influenced by this. Most cannot see the bigger picture in relation to themselves.

Not paranoia, just an observation of the changing face of Scotland and Scottish football in the last 20 years. The hatred spewed towards us since they tried to kill us is off the scale. This is a new level of hatred across Scottish football and their fans.

You’re talking about Neil McCann and Scott Arfield, yet you dismiss O’Halloran as he wasn’t that good, that’s saying things to suit your narrative.

O’Halloran was an absolute fraud of a player for us. However, in the last 10 years, Scotland has become an extremely toxic place with the SNP responsible for fanning division but alienating one demographic.

This lack of impartiality/professionalism has filtered into all areas of society with the one way street of division and the only victims being Catholics, Muslims or Irish Catholics. The additional diatribe spouted by the Police Scotland boss epitomises this. We have a bigot and a racist first minister with a party that is 90% or more the one demographic.

Times have changed, from what I’ve seen, footballers in this backwater are influenced by this. Most cannot see the bigger picture in relation to themselves.

Not paranoia, just an observation of the changing face of Scotland and Scottish football in the last 20 years. The hatred spewed towards us since they tried to kill us is off the scale. This is a new level of hatred across Scottish football and their fans.
You’re using that to suit your narrative and by the way, I agree with a lot of it however it escapes the main point of the post; would a player who supports/ supported Celtic give less on the field than anyone else. This is where I disagree from personal experience.
No professional sportsman would give anything less than 100% for his current employer, regardless of childhood affinities.

That is the only part of this I’m commenting on. The O’Halloran point was that he wasn’t/ isn’t in the same class bracket as McCann or Arfield and was a complete waste of a jersey. That can happen with any signing, it just so happens he was one of that mob.

Back