Kill All Huns graffitied on Greenock Rangers Club

Agree mate unless it affects me directly which today it did
My work was sprayed with UB slogan and ACAB slogan. Pretty annoying as I’m one who supports the UB in most things they do. Not that I’m saying this was them could have just been kids
Aye I’m much the same mate, I’ve passed a few here in Falkirk with KAT and KAH, I never really look twice, the only one that ever caught my attention was in Grangemouth and nothing to do with football was “Free Luke Mitchell” which caught my attention because of how random and weird it was

They are the huns as was proven during the war years if its deemed as not sectarian by our press/media we should hand them the title back everytime we play them.You could put your mortgage on it being deemed sectarian if that happened.

Would the local MP,MSP be willing to call it out and make a statement calling it a sectarian bigoted slur.

Is this place completely separate from the Brit. I never even knew about this only the Brit. Just said to my gf there and she said you didn’t need to know about it. Her mum n dad stay down there.

Is this place completely separate from the Brit. I never even knew about this only the Brit. Just said to my gf there and she said you didn’t need to know about it. Her mum n dad stay down there.
Completely separate clubs. Rangers Club is two minutes up the road from the Brit.

Kill all Huns graffiti appears on walls in mentally challenged communities in Ulster. They don't mean kill all Rangers fans. It's s sectarian term. If we're called out for "fen:an", Hun should be likewise for the rodents.
And there are too many apologists on here doing the poets work for them. It is sectarian. Therefore by extension it is racist. It is a hate crime. Get reporting.

It has the exact same connotations as the “19th Century Terroristy” word. It should be treated the same.
Surely it has far more sinister connotations?
Is it not a slur in common usage, used to dehumanise a community who are being ethnically cleansed from parts of Ulster?
It has far wider and more egregious implications than the localised usage in Scottish football.
Further, the use of the other word is historically and culturally accurate without prejudice when properly applied today and inside a certain community is a term of endearment.
They know who they are and we let them know that we also know who they are.

Why do these targeted places no have cctv covering every angle? It is not expensive these days to have this.

They are the huns as was proven during the war years if its deemed as not sectarian by our press/media we should hand them the title back everytime we play them.You could put your mortgage on it being deemed sectarian if that happened.
Nah we should keep pushing because it’s now an offensive term for Protestants.

Surely it has far more sinister connotations?
Is it not a slur in common usage, used to dehumanise a community who are being ethnically cleansed from parts of Ulster?
It has far wider and more egregious implications than the localised usage in Scottish football.
Further, the use of the other word is historically and culturally accurate without prejudice when properly applied today and inside a certain community is a term of endearment.
They know who they are and we let them know that we also know who they are.
I think it’s also used to equate us to Nazis, the most hated group of people ever. There are several connotations and none of them good. We don’t call ourselves it and most find it deeply offensive.

Greenock recently has been full of graffiti and stickers from that mob.

Used to think it was 50/50 between us and them but think we are well outnumbered now. The club in question was struggling financially as not enough bears use the club and amount of buses to games pre Covid had dropped.

Where as clown I work with claims there are 15 buses from Greenock area that go to the piggery every time game.

Not sure what answer is but police club closing another bad sign for us down here. Will be the same as Port Glasgow within 5 years I reckon.

Reactions: ao2
I live pretty much across the street from the Greenock Rangers. Cracking club and good people.

Sadly I can’t remember a time when there wasn’t some kind of sectarian graffiti on the side of it.

They don't half have a hatred and fear of a club , according to them , less than a decade old. ? The Battle of the Boyne ,Helicopter Sunday and this season , will forever haunt them.....WATP

Went to see my mate singing their for a Gourock Somme night. Hopefully these bastards will be caught. Thing is as always though, they are cowards. They could go down the Brit or the Rangers club etc at anytime when a games on, but they wont? They will grafitti in the middle of the night.
Hopefully our Somme nights will be back again this year.
Best night of the year in the club.

My old haunt, I lived in Dempster street about 200 odd yards away. Great we club.

I'm sure there was a time when the Greenock RSC had the largest membership of any supporters club in the UK, and I can recall 6 or more buses leaving the club for many home games. Before I moved to England I was a member (before moving to the Darroch Park club) and it was a great club as you say. Last time I was in it looked a bit run down and in need of some repairs, probably down to a falling membership?

Stuff like this graffiti just shows how out of control the scum are. They don't have any fear as they don't think they'll be done for it.

I'm sure there was a time when the Greenock RSC had the largest membership of any supporters club in the UK, and I can recall 6 or more buses leaving the club for many home games. Before I moved to England I was a member (before moving to the Darroch Park club) and it was a great club as you say. Last time I was in it looked a bit run down and in need of some repairs, probably down to a falling membership?

Stuff like this graffiti just shows how out of control the scum are. They don't have any fear as they don't think they'll be done for it.
Yeah I think your right, also when I lived in Corby the Corby RSC had the biggest membership outside of any club based in Glasgow. Back in the 80s and 90s. Nuts.

Reactions: ao2

Used to think it was 50/50 between us and them but think we are well outnumbered now. The club in question was struggling financially as not enough bears use the club and amount of buses to games pre Covid had dropped.

Where as clown I work with claims there are 15 buses from Greenock area that go to the piggery every time game.

Not sure what answer is but police club closing another bad sign for us down here. Will be the same as Port Glasgow within 5 years I reckon.

I'm Greenock born and bred and when I was growing up there in the 70s I always felt we outnumbered them. Morton had a good sized support in the town too of course. I've been away in England for nearly 20 years now and every time I go back up it depresses me to see what it's become. I don't know if they're a majority but they are definitely more "in your face" than before. I used to know some I'd have regarded as friends but now I find them all intolerable and avoid them if I can.

Sectarianism in Scotland. The Nats call us this too so bugger all will be done
Too true mate. The fact that mindless derogatory slurs on social media weren’t clamped down on by order of Nipoleon said it all.

One rule for some, another for the rest.

I notice Dave Scott of NBM has provided his piece, says everything you would expect while falling short of using the term sectarian to describe this. Call it what it is Dave, is there a reason for that?
I’m sure it’s a term of endearment. :rolleyes:

I notice Dave Scott of NBM has provided his piece, says everything you would expect while falling short of using the term sectarian to describe this. Call it what it is Dave, is there a reason for that?
Dave enjoys the trappings bigotry brings

Hes a fanny.

Had training with him and he loves the fact he is a catholic from a NI loyalist area and married a protestant Scottish girl.

W4nk

Hes a fanny.

Had training with him and he loves the fact he is a catholic from a NI loyalist area and married a protestant Scottish girl.

W4nk
I’ve had dealings with him before too, if it wasn’t for sectarianism he wouldn’t be in a job. However sly moves like failing to use the word sectarian to describe this in his sound bite to me is deliberate. Couldn’t tell you the amount of them I’ve heard state that Hun isn’t sectarian, needs called for what it is!

Because they’ve got not I to shout about now that’s all they are resorting to. Distasteful crap like “Kill All Huns” “66” “up the ra”

Pond life scum.

I’ve had dealings with him before too, if it wasn’t for sectarianism he wouldn’t be in a job. However sly moves like failing to use the word sectarian to describe this in his sound bite to me is deliberate. Couldn’t tell you the amount of them I’ve heard state that Hun isn’t sectarian, needs called for what it is!
They can say what they want. I and many many others find it deeply offensive. It’s used to dehumanise and demonise a group of people. The people doing the demonising don’t get to say what isn’t offensive.

The only town where I've walked with the band and had a shity nappy thrown at me. From big 40 stone bitch in a flat on the way to the field

I dont feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for the guy that has to lift the layers of stomach fat up to find the cows fanny.

:D

They don't out number us in Greenock mate. I would say it's still 50/50.

They never have their green and grey off which makes people think it's full of them.

Regarding the graffiti, hopefully the CCTV stops them from doing it again.

They’re would need to be a few of them, because they are cowards from cradle to grave on their own...

The more stuff like this that is reported and highlighted the better. The days of turning other cheek are over

I don’t understand the mindset behind folk who do things like this. I won’t pretend to be offended given our own fans have done the exact same thing plenty times and wrecked places with graffiti against Celtic fans. Just question why any normal football fan would be any to. Weird.

Back