Killie Penalty

yosemite sam

That was some dive,yip barasic wrong side but ffs,killie player took off like Superman
Not sure,but killie got ANOTHER dubious penalty last week v spoonbenders with killie player throwing himself down,was it same player ?

That was some dive,yip barasic wrong side but ffs,killie player took off like Superman
Not sure,but killie got ANOTHER dubious penalty last week v spoonbenders with killie player throwing himself down,was it same player ?
No it was Alex Bruce who threw himself to the ground last week v hivs.
Six points bagged by Kilmarnock from dodgy penalties in the last week,you would think they had a manager who whinged constantly about referees or something.
As Stevie G said..
The referee has then given Kilmarnock a soft penalty to give them the day they wanted."

And the fenain runt jumps up then shouts into Barasic face, Morelos doing that would be called all names. 19th Century Terrorist Ref, 19th Century Terrorist Player equals Penalty.
If Morelos had gone down looking for a penalty the way O’Donnell did he would have been carded and a foul would have been given against Alfie..and you would have had to listen to him being accused of diving by Sportscene et al.

Barisic hand was on him, O’Donnell felt the contact and went down like he had been shot, Collum couldn’t wait to give it, the fact Collum made the call from 40 yards away without consulting his linesman says it all. He’s a wee cheating runt. We must absolutely smash Killie 4 times next season.

Some on here think it was a stonewall penalty. :oops:
It was a penalty.
I said it before when Candeas made the most of it when he got one of our four pens against St Mirren, book the player for diving but give the penalty for the initial pull by the defender.
Barisic looked really poor today and was caught out too often.

Looked like Barasic used a cattle prod on him what a joke, Collum finished the job for them but we gave him the opportunity.

If that’s the bench mark for penalties was the pull on Conner goldson not entirely similar or even worse

And the fenain runt jumps up then shouts into Barasic face, Morelos doing that would be called all names. 19th Century Terrorist Ref, 19th Century Terrorist Player equals Penalty.
I noticed the shouting at Barasic, he should have been up and right in his face calling him a diving bastard! The player should have been booked. Barasic is a good footballer but far too passive, doesn’t get that every game is a battle that he must win!

Did he grab his shirt?

Yeah he did.

And somehow, it made him fall forward, flat on his face.

But I await Michael Stewart’s dissection of the human body to explain that one to me.

It was a fn dive that Collum couldn’t wait to give. If he had given the Goldson one than you can say fair enough, that’s the way he’s calling it.

And let’s not forget the blatant handball in the penalty box from Jack’s cross.

It was blatant cheating all round. Again.

Not that I’m overly fussed about it all tbh, other than it’s a game that Rangers have lost and yet more piss poor officiating from a referee who has a history with this football club.

It was clear we couldn’t be arsed from the get-go. We would have been better just playing a youth side tbh

I noticed the shouting at Barasic, he should have been up and right in his face calling him a diving bastard! The player should have been booked. Barasic is a good footballer but far too passive, doesn’t get that every game is a battle that he must win!

And that's why ultimately he won't work out for us. Aggression and maximum effort is a pre requisite in our shitey league. Rightly or wrongly it just is. I previously thought he'd be worth sticking with as he'd learn this but I just don't think it's in him. Away games in this league are more of a battle 1st and foremost and once the battle is won, everything else should fall in to place but you have to have that aggression and will to win.

Barasic caught wrong side and pulled his jersey gave the referee the chance to give the penalty. Shouldn’t of been given and certainly wouldn’t of been given if it was in the other box though.

Next season really concerns me .

There’s no doubt we will get close to the title . But you have a core of referees in Column , Thomson, Clancy and Madden who will do all they can to help septic fc and to deny us points .

Thomson was meant to retire last season and agreed to stay on until the season after next to help them to the 10. Call that paranoia but I’m convinced it’s true .

I see us getting shafted next season even more than this one .

Imagine on Saturday, the game is poised at one each, and a Hearts player goes down like that in the box. Does Willie give a penalty? I don’t think so. CO should be involved in this as two games in a row Kilmarnock have won games by cheating. I know it is only the Sheep, but they have lost third place and a place in Europe because of it.

Do the rules of the game state the behaviour that has to follow a foul for it to be deemed an offence?

Not a rhetorical question - genuinely curious. If they don't then the theatrical dive afterwards the pull on the shirt isn't part of the ref's decision?

Its weird how no team receives a " controversial " penalty against us. If that had been late on and we were awarded it, that would have been the headlines this morning.

Do the rules of the game state the behaviour that has to follow a foul for it to be deemed an offence?

Not a rhetorical question - genuinely curious. If they don't then the theatrical dive afterwards the pull on the shirt isn't part of the ref's decision?

It probably shouldn't be. We've seen plenty of players not get decisions due to how they dive on the contact, but if it's a foul, it's irrelevant as you say.

Where the real frustration lies for me is in what we've seen from the compliance officer over the years and this incident being ignored. Aluko got banned for 2 games for winning a penalty in similar circumstances years ago (if anything, the contact was more evident).

He had his shirt pulled, dont why people still dont think it wasnt a penalty. Just because he never gave us the more blatant one on Goldson doesn't mean it wasnt a penalty, it means we should be moaning we never got one or two first (tug and handball) as we have been reffed to a different standard again.

On the two shirt pulling incidents (Barasic and Goldson)
Some referees would give them both, and no complaints
Some referees wouldn't give either, and no complaints (refereeing is not an exact science and there is the human factor)

But for a referee to give one and not the other in the same game is either gross incompetence or cheating. Collum's recent actions suggest it is very much the latter.

If it was one of our players you can guarantee he would be pulled up for the blatant simulation that it was no questions asked

Sadly this is why I don’t go to football anymore. The level of cheating, diving, and general dishonesty is killing the game imho. I just can’t watch it. From the snide Browns and Broadfoots stepping on folks heels behind their backs to the blatant diving and feigning injury...it’s Fukin pathetic. sick of it. And if I was a Rangers Manager and a player cheated to win a pen I would be ragin. I just can’t stand it.

It was a penalty.
I said it before when Candeas made the most of it when he got one of our four pens against St Mirren, book the player for diving but give the penalty for the initial pull by the defender.
Barisic looked really poor today and was caught out too often.

Sometimes when you don’t have anything sensible to say, just don’t say anything at all.

If that was a penalty then Rangers should have had one off Burke. Gollum deemed that not a penalty but by sheer coincidence when Killie need a winner with a few minutes to go to secure them Europe for the outgoing new Scotland manager then they get what is clearly NOT a penalty and if you think it was then you really need to watch it again!

Sometimes when you don’t have anything sensible to say, just don’t say anything at all.

If that was a penalty then Rangers should have had one off Burke. Gollum deemed that not a penalty but by sheer coincidence when Killie need a winner with a few minutes to go to secure them Europe for the outgoing new Scotland manager then they get what is clearly NOT a penalty and if you think it was then you really need to watch it again!

I think it is a perfectly sensible suggestion and might reduce players diving :)

Pulling his shirt inside the box is enough to be awarded a penalty and the players know this. Not every one is picked up though which annoys everyone.

Back