Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke

muthacupboard

Can someone explain to me why Killie can attract a decent manager with Premiership experience yet we are twiddling our thumbs hoping that a youth coach has the magic formula? Why are people claiming that there was no outstanding candidates?

Kilmarnock have shown more ambition than us. Not just in the game today but in bringing in a decent manager and in player recruitment. Mulumbu was outstanding and if rumours here in Killie are true then they're about to bring in Naismith and Anya in January as well.

Meanwhile, we are bumbling along going absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:
Look at the suds he made as soon as they went 2-1 up he brought on a defender to shore things up we didn’t make a sub till the 82nd minute

Look at the suds he made as soon as they went 2-1 up he brought on a defender to shore things up we didn’t make a sub till the 82nd minute

Murty watched Kilmarnock almost score about 5 times before they did.

Didn't even attempt to stop them. Either he couldn't see them attack or didn't have a clue on how to stop it, both means he should be punted.

It's Kilmarnock and Steve Clark not Real Madrid.

Last edited:
I know its already been done on here, but we should be approaching Clarke tonight. He has miles more tactical nous than murty, has respect and can spot a player

Cab someone explain to me why Killie can attract a decent manager with Premiership experience yet we are twiddling our thumbs hoping that a youth coach has the magic formula? Why are people claiming that there was no outstanding candidates?

Kilmarnock have shown more ambition than us. Not just in the game today but in bringing in a decent manager and in player recruitment. Mulumbu was outstanding and if rumours here in Killie are true then they're about to bring in Naismith and Anya in January as well.

Meanwhile, we are bumbling along going absolutely nowhere.
You are bang on. Outplayed us today, played some nice football at times. Brought in an excellent loan signing, man of the match, while ours are nowhere to be seen and then you look at the dugouts and see Clarke in one and Murty in the other and can't help but think.... How did it get so bad.

Decision after decision at all levels in our organization just depresses me now.

Cab someone explain to me why Killie can attract a decent manager with Premiership experience yet we are twiddling our thumbs hoping that a youth coach has the magic formula? Why are people claiming that there was no outstanding candidates?

We were linked with Steve McClaren but that was laughed off by FF. It'll be impressive if they bring in Naismith + Anya - two players that would certainly improve our team.

He has organised them and played a midfielder who bossed the game!!

Keep in mind however that Broadfoot plays in their backline!

We were and are a terrible football team - we have injuries and suspentions however, unless Alves, Wallace, Jack, Dorrans, Pena step up soon it will be 4th place for us!!

Try not to swallow too much sand when you extricate your head from it’s current position.

Absolute nonsense. Clarke is a very decent coach / manager and the Killie board are clearly doing some good work in comparison to ours.

I'll keep this thread to the end of the season. Killie will be down there, guaranteed.

New Managers often bring a " bounce" and a few wins. A second Rangers goal today and Killie were toast. We blew it today.

A wee bounce without Wes we would have lost another three and that's not counting Hodson interception.
They appointed a Manager we appointed a youth coach above his abilities.

Clarke and Killie are utter dogshit and will be fighting relegation this season.

Not quite sure how THAT is your takeaway from today but you are wrong.

They will be catching up with us in mid-table soon enough.

New Managers often bring a " bounce" and a few wins. A second Rangers goal today and Killie were toast. We blew it today.
The way Killie played today, they had enough in the tank to come back from being two down. All day they looked more like scoring than we did, and that's including the Morelos and Windass chances.

The way Killie played today, they had enough in the tank to come back from being two down. All day they looked more like scoring than we did, and that's including the Morelos and Windass chances.

Psychology plays a huge role in football. A Rangers second goal and Killie weren't coming back. We blew today in front of goal again for 2 weeks running after being a goal ahead.

Psychology plays a huge role in football. A Rangers second goal and Killie weren't coming back. We blew today in front of goal again for 2 weeks running after being a goal ahead.

You're probably right.

Given, though, the general poor quality in the SPL, Kilmarnock look mid-table. I doubt they'll be dragged into a relegation battle.

I know its already been done on here, but we should be approaching Clarke tonight. He has miles more tactical nous than murty, has respect and can spot a player

I was willing to give Murty to end of Jan then decide but his team selection today and not making subs when u could see they would score - nope dont waste any more time act now

why waste 6 months - Clarke knows what he is doing, Murty does not

Our fans found a reason to say no to every manager that was sugested, i got stick for wanting Bilic for sake. Moyes played for selic Pulis is a creep that wears a cap etc. before Murty was handed the gig i was at the point id take anyone with a managerial track record, we didnt even get that.

We can't afford Bilic, Moyes or Pulis.

No credible top-level manager is interested in the job because we have very little money and we're a basket case of a Club.

A bit of ambition and imagination from their board. I'm actually envious of them.

Clarke and Killie are utter dogshit and will be fighting relegation this season.
See this 'utter dogshit' as you put it, they played us off the park today, mainly because they have a manager who is tactically astute and knows how and when to change the shape of his team. Now if you think Clarke is utter dogshit as a manager then i'm afraid you have no idea as to what makes a good football manager.

Last week it was Tommy Wright, this week Clarke. How about signing Kris Boyd again?

Kilmarnock were nothing better than ordinary today. A good team would have beaten them comfortably. We're a bad team and we still could, and should, have beaten them.

I suggest you watch the match again, you obviously missed about 70 minutes of it here or there.
We were never getting a point never mind 3, we were outplayed everywhere.

See this 'utter dogshit' as you put it, they played us off the park today, mainly because they have a manager who is tactically astute and knows how and when to change the shape of his team. Now if you think Clarke is utter dogshit as a manager then i'm afraid you have no idea as to what makes a good football manager.

You could attribute the same talents to the hopeless Tommy Wright at St Johnstone, just because he like Clarke came back to beat us after his side was a goal down. Our problem is not killing teams off when we've got the chance. That will only change when we finally get a clinical finisher who doesn't consistently waste opportunities in front of goal.

You could attribute the same talents to the hopeless Tommy Wright at St Johnstone, just because he like Clarke came back to beat us after his side was a goal down. Our problem is not killing teams off when we've got the chance. That will only change when we finally get a clinical finisher who doesn't consistently waste opportunities in front of goal.
I'm attributing the talent that Steve Clarke has simply because he has demonstrated them with top clubs in the EPL, mainly as an assistant of course but i'm taking a guess here that the likes of Gullitt, Mourinho, Dalglish rated the guy as a very competent coach, something which he seems to have demonstrated in his time at Kilmarnock. We lost that game because of our diabolical and amateurish defending, certainly our poor finishing was a factor in not winning the game but remember we were a goal to the good before our defence were shown to be negligent and mediocre.

Last edited:
Because every candidate we see with huge experience, espescially in the EPL, most on here would have called him a complete haddy, a yesterday's man, has a crap style of football.
Had Steve Clarkes name appeared he would have been shot down instantly.

We need stability, we must make ourselves very hard to beat. Then we need to worry about being creative.
Most EPL managers who have had a degree of success in keeping teams in that league would be perfect for us right now.

Did I watch a different game today ? Kilmarnock out played and out battled us for the majority of that game. They posed far more of a threat and we should have had ten men on the 12th minute. Ffs. Deluded is an understatement.

Clarke has worked at the highest level, he's coaching the squad he's inherited into better players and he's used his contacts to bring in a guy like Mulumbu.

Would love to know what he's on at Killie. Bet it's a fraction of what McCoist, Warburton and Pedro were all getting.

I like Clarke. You can tell he's the type of coach who enjoys going out onto the training ground with his players and working to improve them. Kilmarnock looked organised and each player seemed to be confident in their individual role. Nice bit of flair with Jones, too. Bear in mind this is a guy who won the FA Cup and EPL twice with Mourinho at Chelsea

The vexing thing is that there are better coaches than him available

Back