Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Another pathetic performance that epitomized the reason we’re not Champions this season. Too many players went on holiday a week early, Kamara and Kent in particular, and did that game ever show the importance Arfield has been to us in recent weeks, and will be going forward.

Not too much to say after that shitshow, except I suspect was a few players last game in a Rangers shirt, Barasic being one in particular. (Culpable at both goals) On the plus, if there can be such a thing today, Alfredo deservedly got his 30th for the season, and the result denied the sheep a place in Europe.

After the feelgood factor of last week we came crashing back to reality today and the fact is the gaffer has his work cut out to model a side with potential into a team of winners in the off season. Get the checkbook ready Mr King because the players we need to become Champions and stop the mentally challengeds run of titles will not come cheaply.
Get a grip.

A bit over the top. Its been a good end to the season and we put out a side thats nowhere near our best.

We go into next season in good spirits and we only need a few players.

Broadfoot: Anyone seen the gaffer?... he went to grab the champers and haven’t seen him since...

keith-allen-shallow-grave-1994-RWDKXC.jpg

Chill out, you sound like a greeting wain.

Kilmarnock sat in and frustrated us like they’ve done against us all season, we, yet again, had no answers. We deserved nothing from the game.

I never at any point said Kilmarnock deserved to win. I said rangers deserved nothing. Rangers looked like they expected to turn up and win. Kilmarnock wanted it more than us.

They were first to every ball, no doubt about it.

As other posters note -- No game involving Rangers is meaningless.

A few things from the game:
Poor choice of formation again -- I think we had all hoped that we had seen the last of that under SG.

Some puzzling player choices -- wtf was Worrall doing there? I'm not a fan of McCrorie at CB, but I would have had him starting there instead. And Barisic was a ghost for most of that game -- I won't blame him too much for the dive that earned their penalty at the end, but I'm baffled as to how bad he is for us.

A few other points -- Killie are well-coached and rely on breaking quickly and passing to players with their backs to our goal. This latter appears to be a problem for some of our guys, who seem baffled as to how to tackle it.

Again, balls in the air ... most of our players look happy just to watch them come down and be taken under control by the opposition. Get in there !

And hospital passes / poor choices in passing -- if you're in acres of space, with room ahead of you, don't pass it sideways to somebody who has opponents closer to them than you have.

Got to say that right from the start you could see how the game could go.
And it did.
The one fecking simple thing we should take from our own goal and indeed both the Killie goals is that if you run forwards and get the ball into the box, there's actually a chance of getting a goal.
Or even a penalty ...
oh ffs

I suppose that the one good thing that we can take from this game is that Alfie took his tally up to such a total that it will have re-built his best transfer value.

A good goal, with his weaker foot.
Some good link-up play too.

Deflecting from reporting about Kiddy Fiddling

Been ordered to go into full deflect mode by the powers that be. Can just hear the convo by the reporter at the game and the chief editor. “Hey boss rangers just called Steve Clarke a 19th Century Terrorist bastard” Boss says “you know what to do!” Id be surprised if they didn’t have a pre written report before the game just in case we did sing a song.

In the words of Ricky Gervias “one says words the other f@cks kids, you decide”

Hopefully it will be in some failed state in Eastern Europe.

They book flights, then the airline goes bust.

So they drive there on a coach with no air conditioning, and after they’ve arrived Putin annexes the place.

Somehow, of course, this will all be Rangers’ fault.

And a red card for Morelos...

Midfield was poor today .Too many sideways passes. Kent was poor as well. The players don't like plastic pitches and make it obvious.

Chill out, you sound like a greeting wain.

Kilmarnock sat in and frustrated us like they’ve done against us all season, we, yet again, had no answers. We deserved nothing from the game.

I never at any point said Kilmarnock deserved to win. I said rangers deserved nothing. Rangers looked like they expected to turn up and win. Kilmarnock wanted it more than us.

So you dont have an answer, if it wasn't for the referee it would have been a draw. So that is what we deserved

Ill chill out when I don't have to respond to bullshit

Not upset by today at all (other than I generally hate for Rangers to Lose) !

I reckon, and perhaps I am wrong, that we possibly wanted to say **** you to the sheep so they still don't know if they will be in the EL next season ( though it is highly likely assuming 'they' win the cup, the sheep will get in by default.

Difficult one that as I'm not certain whether I detest Killie more or less than Aberdoom .

Sorry Stevie.... you’re wrong.... we were poor today!

Keep up the good work though. We have improved (you got that right) and will continue to do so.

Roll on next season!

As the other thread is closed for replies.
Reliable source for the ‘Kent staying’ t-shirt is talking baws. Kent lifted his shirt during the game and was not wearing a t-shirt.

Back