Kit Manufacturer 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adidas might have a problem with that?

buying a template kit with there brand on and then selling it on for more money probably breaches copyright... I'm not sure

we would also have to pay someone to put the badges and sponsor on as well
The kit photo was more of a concept generic strip rather than Adidas. It could be any strip.
That’s the beauty of my idea, Rangers wouldn’t buy then sell the strip they would only sell the badge to be applied;). You pop into Greaves, buy the generic strip then “oh I’d like a rangers badge for that as well please”. Sponsors logo I hadn’t considered but better minds then mine could figure a way round that.

Macron aren’t in the same league as Adidas or Nike. You’re kidding yourself on if you think otherwise

1. I never suggested they were.
2. Given they managed to get a 3 year UEFA contract off of Adidas, would tell me they aren't as micky mouse as some people on here would believe.

FFS :D

"The rumour appears to have come out of nowhere – likely in response to reports Celtic are set to link up with Adidas – and the early response from Gers fans is far from positive".

or maybe from this thread??? :D

Yeah, to coin (oops) an Andy Warhol phrase "social media will eat itself"

Its beyond wishful thinking to imagine any of those would answer a come and bid plea from twitter

I saw that more as the Club getting it out there to fans that they were still trying to break the Fat C*nts stranglehold (given the Court injunctions stop them talking specifically about either the SDI deal or the Elite deal).

Bit naive of anyone to think the likes of Adidas and Nike are watching out for Twitter feeds from organisations trying to elicit bids. Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper than the obvious.

FFS :D

"The rumour appears to have come out of nowhere – likely in response to reports Celtic are set to link up with Adidas – and the early response from Gers fans is far from positive".

or maybe from this thread??? :D
Definitely this thread, Twitter's going tonto

I saw that more as the Club getting it out there to fans that they were still trying to break the Fat C*nts stranglehold (given the Court injunctions stop them talking specifically about either the SDI deal or the Elite deal).

Bit naive of anyone to think the likes of Adidas and Nike are watching out for Twitter feeds from organisations trying to elicit bids. Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper than the obvious.

Release a statement on the clubs website then

Don't invite bids on social media,its embarrassing

SD have the right to match any Kit contract we enter into.
Does that mean that we could have granted both SD and Hummel distribution rights but they wouldn't be likely to share? Surely this agreement cant be seen to be in the interests of our club?

I agree, that was blatantly the club letting us know what's going on as best they could

See if it’s the best deal, they are actually going to deal with club & look after us

Who gives a shit?

IF it’s true
Same was said of Hummel .... i just don't trust our board to get us a nice 'clean' deal when i comes to our kit.... :eek:

Mate, why are you almost revelling in the fact that fans are unhappy with something all over this thread?

You might not care about it but almost everyone else does.

oh cheer up ffs

im laughing because people are pissing themselves about a rumour started on here!

social media creating its own hysteria ffs

Anyone else think the club already have something sorted? The statement they released last month seemed a bit 'over confident' It kind of gave off the vibe we have a fair idea whats going to happen next year already and the press release was a bit of a box ticking exercise.

James Bisgrove, our commercial guy, I guessing he was tasked with finding a new deal for next season. Can only hope he has some good contacts in the sportswear business.

Anyone else think the club already have something sorted? The statement they released last month seemed a bit 'over confident' It kind of gave off the vibe we have a fair idea whats going to happen next year already and the press release was a bit of a box ticking exercise.

James Bisgrove, our commercial guy, I guessing he was tasked with finding a new deal for next season. Can only hope he has some good contacts in the sportswear business.

I genuinely hope you are right.. but what would stop us announcing it now? everyone knows we are not with Hummel next season so it stands to reason that, if the club already had a deal, why would they keep quiet about it?

Given his former role within the marketing arm of UEFA, it's almost a given.

Aberdeen, Hamilton and Kilmarnock don’t get supplies directly by Nike. It goes through a reseller of sorts. Rangers and Celtic deal with Nike and get a completely different deal.

Rangers shouldn’t be wearing Macron kits.
I agree, Simple things like kit manufacturer are important to the image of the club. Surely we want to be associated with quality brands, the likes of Macron reek of mediocrity.

Mate, why are you almost revelling in the fact that fans are unhappy with something all over this thread?

You might not care about it but almost everyone else does.

I think it's more of the fact that the fallacy of Macron started from this thread and twitter's having a riddy

Overall, 30 different brands supply the 202 kits for teams in the top divisions of Europe’s five biggest footballing nations.

888990-B4-FAC5-4-B7-B-ABC7-083-F2743-D2-F6.png

For me it’s down to profits
Not too bothered about brand

The macron rugby gear is top class
Glasgow warriors stuff is quality

If Kappa was possible, I'd absolutely love that.

Their Italy kits are some of the best ever made, they are a good brand and I still prefer being important to a brand as opposed to just another team.

Is there anything going well at our club right now?

As teams are throwing out teasers of their new kits - we’ve not even got a manufacturer!

Will be another year of kids getting Halloween costumes on their backs before they get our new kits on the backs!

One shambles after another!

I remember there was talk of us having to serve a 7 year notice period with SD.If we had went down that road does anyone know at what point we would be at now?

We'll be in a position next season where we will be wearing strips supplied by a company who are no longer our shirt sponsor. Even if someone came in now there wouldn't be enough time to design and get them on the shelves by new season time.

I have no idea who would be interested given all the shite with Ashley still being involved and knowing any new company showing their hand would just be going through all the same stuff we're going through with Ashley, any of the big two show interest and Ashley isn't matching anything.

Quite incredible to think a club of our size, our history,known worldwide and with a massive worldwide support, we have to revert to advertising for a new shirt sponsor when company's should be queuing up wanting to be involved, that's how toxic our brand is and all thanks to Ashley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back