Kit Manufacturer 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
as aside.. if Man Utd dont make the Champions league next season, whether through the league or winning the Europa League, there deal with Adidas cuts there annual funding by a cast amount.. from roughly £75 million to £52 million...

meanwhile Adidas might be giving the poets £5m and we are scraping about trying to find a kit partner..

the haves and the have nots only gets worse...

Were Aberdeen not using Nike recently, or are using Nike at the moment?

Champs League only indeed.

no they are with Adidas and they are only with them because of the history between the two.. and if you think Adidas give them a lot of money, your delusional...

anyone can have Adidas or nike kits.. a 3rd partner can buy them and provide them for you.. but to get a deal with Adidas or Nike that earns you more than peanuts, you need to be an elite club

one way to look at it is this... the Tims are going to get about roughly £5m per season off of Adidas... while Man Utd get £75 and Chelsea get £60m a season....

Last edited:
I will admit I haven’t really thought this through...

I’m sure I read somewhere that Rangers got back the badge rights when the last SD deal was signed (possibly on here). I assume the fat slug gets to use it under license from Rangers (not exclusively though?).
So, opening my mouth and letting my belly rumble, if Rangers sent Jimmy Bell down to Greaves Sports and bought 200 generic strips which the badge was then applied to would it upset any judges?

If not, in theory, could Rangers sell the badge for say £20 to be applied to same generic Greaves Sports strip?
Would it really bother anybody if Rangers wore a generic strip for a few years if the club received more money from selling the badge for it and mean’t Rangers weren’t under SD’s thumb?

I will admit I haven’t really thought this through...

I’m sure I read somewhere that Rangers got back the badge rights when the last SD deal was signed (possibly on here). I assume the fat slug gets to use it under license from Rangers (not exclusively though?).
So, opening my mouth and letting my belly rumble, if Rangers sent Jimmy Bell down to Greaves Sports and bought 200 generic strips which the badge was then applied to would it upset any judges?

If not, in theory, could Rangers sell the badge for say £20 to be applied to same generic Greaves Sports strip?
Would it really bother anybody if Rangers wore a generic strip for a few years if the club received more money from selling the badge for it and mean’t Rangers weren’t under SD’s thumb?

Adidas might have a problem with that?

buying a template kit with there brand on and then selling it on for more money probably breaches copyright... I'm not sure

we would also have to pay someone to put the badges and sponsor on as well

Sunderland signed a deal with Nike the other day.
is it actually Nike though? many clubs sign 3rd party deals with Nike, Dundee Utd for one, Nike dont actually supply a unique design for them, the 3rd party buys a template design and makes sure it reflects the club...

Mate, Celtic are not an elite club. Neither are we. However, both clubs shift an ENORMOUS amount of merchandise worldwide. Having Joma or Macron trying to punt Rangers shirts to a global market is embarrassing and the fact you’re happy with it is depressing.

The standards of some of our support in 2020 is harrowing
There are a lot of people that literally don't care about anything but the league title, it's baffling.

"I don't really care about the brand" is mental, might aswell replace the word brand with Rangers.

as I thought, its not direct with nike, its a similar deal to Dundee Utd

"The multi-year partnership, which was agreed as part of SAFC’s collaboration with North East based retail outfit Just Sport Pro Club, will start on 1 June 2020 and see Nike manufacture and supply the club with bespoke playing kit and industry-leading training wear."

Umbro and Macron are likely the best we can hope for. Would be very happy with Umbro, though can't see it, and Macron are getting better, though I still think their style is more suited to teams on the continent. Lazio's last few kits being prime example.
This is of course on the assumption Nike and Adidas won't touch us.

There are a lot of people that literally don't care about anything but the league title, it's baffling.

"I don't really care about the brand" is mental, might aswell replace the word brand with Rangers.

what? have you not read anything else I said in reply to him?

my point is that at this moment in time we have no kit supplier... its highly unlikely going to be Nike or Adidas or for that matter anyone else.. we may have to buy our own ffs

the Brand is something to worry about once we actually get back on our feet in this area..

making out I dont care about Rangers ffs

what? have you not read anything else I said in reply to him?

my point is that at this moment in time we have no kit supplier... its highly unlikely going to be Nike or Adidas or for that matter anyone else.. we may have to buy our own ffs

the Brand is something to worry about once we actually get back on our feet in this area..

making out I dont care about Rangers ffs
I'm not making anything out, you outright said that you didnt care about it and it's the biggest issue we face, it's more pressing than anything on the pitch.

We won't get back on our feet in this area by just leaving it alone

We will be lucky to get someone like Joma.

Adidas, NB, Nike, Umbro, these are all fantasy. Our brand is toxic to them.

I'm not making anything out, you outright said that you didnt care about it and it's the biggest issue we face, it's more pressing than anything on the pitch.

We won't get back on our feet in this area by just leaving it alone
at this moment in time I care more about the team actually having strips next season, not what some Adidas or Nike fanboy is wearing or has on his feet..

You basically said I don’t care about Rangers!
of course I care about the commercial side, I wouldn’t be on this thread if I wasn’t!

If we go with Macron/Umbro/kappa or whoever, as long as it’s a decent deal, that’s all that really matters not having a wee swoosh or 3 stripes on a template kit

at this moment in time I care more about the team actually having strips next season, not what some Adidas or Nike fanboy is wearing or has on his feet..

If we go with Macron/Umbro/kappa or whoever, as long as it’s a decent deal, that’s all that really matters not having a wee swoosh or 3 stripes on a template kit
Rangers wearing Macron would be embarrassing sorry, they like Hummel would struggle with the amount of tops we sell too.

why would they give Celtic different money from Rangers?

Do you think they pay every team equally?

We are currently in a deal with Hummel and struggling to find someone for next year. Not a chance they will just give us a massive deal

Do you think they pay every team equally?

We are currently in a deal with Hummel and struggling to find someone for next year. Not a chance they will just give us a massive deal
I don’t think Adidas look at the current supplier, surely the look at Rangers and Celtic having a global fan base with the potential to sell hundreds of thousands of replica shirts.. so I still stand by my point as why they would give Celtic more than us?

The 98 Rangers adidas top is the nicest Rangers top ever made.
If they make our strips they would give us a fortune too, i think we have more problems than caring who make their shirts.

We changed to Nike in 97. That aside I’d rather we went with Adidas or Umbro for our kits as the Nike templates are pretty poor of late.

Just frustrating that for the third year running we’ll not have kits out for the beginning of the season.

I don’t think Adidas look at the current supplier, surely the look at Rangers and Celtic having a global fan base with the potential to sell hundreds of thousands of replica shirts.. so I still stand by my point as why they would give Celtic more than us?

Because we are desperate.

They will be in the champions League. We won't.

We changed to Nike in 97. That aside I’d rather we went with Adidas or Umbro for our kits as the Nike templates are pretty poor of late.

Just frustrating that for the third year running we’ll not have kits out for the beginning of the season.
Ah yes I got the year wrong, I meant the Gazza Adidas too with 3 white horizontal stripes round the arms.. best top ever

Champions League potential?

FFS :D

"The rumour appears to have come out of nowhere – likely in response to reports Celtic are set to link up with Adidas – and the early response from Gers fans is far from positive".

or maybe from this thread??? :D

All this in-fighting over kit I just can't Bear-It! : -$

On the one hand we have bears who want a kit to be proud of (in amongst that group there's some that think "if I'm paying for it, might as well get something stylish for my hard earned cash). "No one can rip the piss out of Our Kit!"

On the other hand we have bears who want a kit deal that
"just works" with no hassle. ....so's we can concentrate on other stuff and "No one can rip the piss out of us!" about that other stuff!I

Im sure you could suck it up..

Or would you not buy any Rangers kit with Macron on it?
That would say a lot
Not a case of sucking it up. A club our size deserves a brand that matches our ambitions. Macron doesn't

Hate to bring them into it by they are showing us how its done, Adidas next for them aswell

The fact we tweeted about looking for a manufacturer sums it up. Our board yet again

Not a case of sucking it up. A club our size deserves a brand that matches our ambitions. Macron doesn't

Hate to bring them into it by they are showing us how its done, Adidas next for them aswell

The fact we tweeted about looking for a manufacturer sums it up. Our board yet again

'Deserves'? In the business World nobody 'deserves' anything, such a concept doesn't exist.

true however im not sure we could negotiate with anyone saying 'we deserve' a good deal

but until this shit with SD and Elite is long over we are not really going to get a decent deal off of anyone

ah but surely its more important that we have the three stripes or the wee swoosh?

your forgetting about all the poor Adidas/Nike fanboys who have to wear Hummel/macron/Umbro... the disgrace... :D
the shame must be so hard to bear.....
I've had a couple of lazio macron tops. I like the colours and the fact it may annoy some of the pc brigade.
The tops are just fine.

Our supporters. Another shite kit deal constantly waiting for merchandise to come in stock daily. Its not on

As I've intimated earlier, I actually think it will be worse than that. I don't think we will have a meaningful kit deal, as such, for next season. We've not even finished the Court case with the Fat C*nt yet, we've just started a new one against Elite and, I suspect, they will probably launch a counter-suit against us. Then there's Hummel who may lump in with Elite or counter-sue us independently. What a f*cking mess.

There's going to be no quick resolution to all of this - never mind a top drawer manufacturer knocking on our door with a bag of cash.

Honestly mate, a kit brand is so far down my list of priorities. As long as the strip is the famous colours, I couldn't give a monkeys. Adidas or Nike wont win us a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back