Kit Manufacturer 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a sub-par no Mark again. Forget Nike or Adidas. I could see us back with Puma or some other garbage like Macron where we’ll have cheerleaders telling us that “we’re getting a great deal”.
We would all like to see Nike or Adidas, but going with these brands doesn't necessarily mean a mega bucks deal, Aberdeen and Hamilton are supplied by Adidas and I would imagine they are receiving peanuts.
Unfortunately an unfashionable brand may be the one to offer the best deal.

Every penny will go towards TIAR for them .

Kit deal will be announced along with Edouarde signing a new contract,they will reinforce during summer as well and spend cash .

Only a sizeable transfer kitty will give us any hope of winning anything next season .

Adidas may be keen to associate with us due to the manager being under contract with them

I actually could see it happening.. especially with the poets going with them as well, in the past it was common for both clubs to have similar deals...

we are leaving it incredibly late though if it did happen

Every penny will go towards TIAR for them .

Kit deal will be announced along with Edouarde signing a new contract,they will reinforce during summer as well and spend cash .

Only a sizeable transfer kitty will give us any hope of winning anything next season .

which we dont have

it would be interesting to see the details of the Adidas deal to see how it compared to their NB deal

We would all like to see Nike or Adidas, but going with these brands doesn't necessarily mean a mega bucks deal, Aberdeen and Hamilton are supplied by Adidas and I would imagine they are receiving peanuts.

Aberdeens deal is mainly due to the history between the sheep and Adidas, they won't get a lot of money for that

Hamiltons is a 3rd party deal so not directly with Adidas

It's interesting how certain brands are perceived, you say garbage like Macron, yet the now supply all UEFA referee kit, probably a far bigger brand than realised.
I bought a Macron Monaco track jacket from their club shop when I was on holiday a few years ago, it's nowhere near as good as Nike or Adidas.

I would think given how well we have done in European football recently we wouldn't be short of offers if I am honest they're will be plenty at the table

I would think given how well we have done in European football recently we wouldn't be short of offers if I am honest they're will be plenty at the table

you would think that, especially with who our manager is..

but sadly the whole SD affair may have put the vast majority off

:(

It'll be another shambles no doubt. Sadly the scum are able to flaunt it in our faces as they sign a massive deal (in Scottish football terms) with Adidas. Meanwhile we will be scraping the barrel through another legal mine field.

Not when they see that fat wank can pick and choose what parts of the deal he wants to match.

Not when they see that fat wank can pick and choose what parts of the deal he wants to match.
He can't anymore the judge said the relationship was too toxic and that us and SD couldn't work together the court cases now are all about damages and costs

He can't anymore the judge said the relationship was too toxic and that us and SD couldn't work together the court cases now are all about damages and costs
So when the damages and costs are determined we're free of him? Is that the case?

I'm not convinced that is what I was reading at all mate. I hope you are right but I'm far from convinced. Last I read the Judge (some time ago) told them to go away and 'get it sorted' because it was taking up too much Court time. Do you have a link to this?

As an aside in to the aforementioned. Where are the kits actually manufactured?? Will the Coronavirus affect the availability of them? If we are late getting a deal, does that put us at the back of the queue and mean further delays??

folk have seen this thread and have started rumours on social media that its Macron. You know, without anything being announced.

With the ongoing Court cases, which have a way to run yet, there's a very real chance that we will have NO deal at all next season never mind folk turning up their noses at Macron. We are already well behind the curve in terms of design and should be moving into pre-production at this time of the year. We have nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm not sure some of these folk are capable of coherent thinking.

As an aside in to the aforementioned. Where are the kits actually manufactured?? Will the Coronavirus affect the availability of them? If we are late getting a deal, does that put us at the back of the queue and mean further delays??

as I said earlier, most clubs get there orders in for the next season by, at the latest, December of the previous year... any deal we do now will be for the squad with (maybe) supporters kits sometime before xmas...

its all just speculation though

With the ongoing Court cases, which have a way to run yet, there's a very real chance that we will have NO deal at all next season never mind folk turning up their noses at Macron. We are already well behind the curve in terms of design and should be moving into pre-production at this time of the year. We have nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm not sure some of these folk are capable of coherent thinking.

I can see the club having to pay someone to make enough strips for the squad for next season...

I can't see it being as simple as that. I've got to be pessimistic regarding anything that concerns him. I thought we reverted back to the original deal we had with him. The damages are for what we owe him for this Hummel debacle no?
We don't owe him Damages Elite owe us for the kit sales as they seem to have sided with SD to try and starve us of income which has failed so we are sueing for our merchandise revenue they are withholding

Like a punch drunk boxer I continue to see thread titles such as this one and a faint glimmer appears somewhere in the recess of my mind that this could be “ it “ the news we have been waiting for ....... only to open the thread and find that nothing has changed and one of the biggest supported football clubs on the planet stagger along strangled by having no retail set up .

Soul destroying stuff .
Good analogy.... (would rather it not tho :-/ )

Aberdeen, Hamilton and Kilmarnock don’t get supplies directly by Nike. It goes through a reseller of sorts. Rangers and Celtic deal with Nike and get a completely different deal.

Rangers shouldn’t be wearing Macron kits.

We don't owe him Damages Elite owe us for the kit sales as they seem to have sided with SD to try and starve us of income which has failed so we are sueing for our merchandise revenue they are withholding
Ok. You seem to know more about it than me but it's not going to be as simple as paying damages and walking away. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not convinced that is what I was reading at all mate. I hope you are right but I'm far from convinced. Last I read the Judge (some time ago) told them to go away and 'get it sorted' because it was taking up too much Court time. Do you have a link to this?
I think it's in the available court documents i saw them on Twitter but I don't know how to get them myself and the Judge is fast losing patience with SD as they have shown no intention of wanting to start a business relationship with the club so the judge will likely declare the contract impossible to fulfil due to the unhealthy working relationship between the two companies

Aberdeen, Hamilton and Kilmarnock don’t get supplies directly by Nike. It goes through a reseller of sorts. Rangers and Celtic deal with Nike and get a completely different deal.

Rangers shouldn’t be wearing Macron kits.

if they pay us enough money, I really couldn't give a %^*& if I am honest.. they are all probably made in the same sweatshops in Bangladesh anyways....

Whoever gives us the best deal, as others have said this could end up being another case where the kits aren’t available to fans to buy, at least for a few months. In short not where we want to be.

if they pay us enough money, I really couldn't give a %^*& if I am honest.. they are all probably made in the same sweatshops in Bangladesh anyways....
It’s about the perception of the brand though. Do you care about the condition of the stadium? The attire of the manager?

It’s about the perception of the brand though. Do you care about the condition of the stadium? The attire of the manager?

at this moment in time we HAVE NO SUPPLIER for next season... we may have to pay someone to make us a few kits...

at this moment in time I dont really care about the brand... Adidas and Nike only give good deals to the elite clubs, which we are not seen as being just now

I think it's in the available court documents i saw them on Twitter but I don't know how to get them myself and the Judge is fast losing patience with SD as they have shown no intention of wanting to start a business relationship with the club so the judge will likely declare the contract impossible to fulfil due to the unhealthy working relationship between the two companies

I'd love to think you were correct - but it's not my recollection at all. The Judge is pissed off as you say. However, ultimately, he's only going to look at the legal aspects - did Rangers breach the contract, how much damages should they pay as a consequence, should that contract which was breached be re-instated. It's not for him to tell us, or direct, that the relationship will be terminated - unless that's what BOTH parties ask him to do, which seems unlikely.

At this point, i dont care about bespoke kits or template kits etc. I just want the best deal for the club. The deal that gives us most money to sign players.

at this moment in time we HAVE NO SUPPLIER for next season... we may have to pay someone to make us a few kits...

at this moment in time I dont really care about the brand... Adidas and Nike only give good deals to the elite clubs, which we are not seen as being just now
Mate, Celtic are not an elite club. Neither are we. However, both clubs shift an ENORMOUS amount of merchandise worldwide. Having Joma or Macron trying to punt Rangers shirts to a global market is embarrassing and the fact you’re happy with it is depressing.

The standards of some of our support in 2020 is harrowing

Mate, Celtic are not an elite club. Neither are we. However, both clubs shift an ENORMOUS amount of merchandise worldwide. Having Joma or Macron trying to punt Rangers shirts to a global market is embarrassing and the fact you’re happy with it is depressing.

The standards of some of our support in 2020 is harrowing

Adidas AND Nike look at one thing and one thing alone.. the Champions League.... Celtic at this moment in time have a much better chance of being in that competition than we do

we can sell as many shirts as we like, but while we are still involved with SD and out of the Champs League we are not seen as an elite club, the deal that Adidas give to Celtic is nothing compared to Man Utd or Real Madrid or Bayern Munich... small change in fact

im not 'happy with it' I could not be any less happy... but its where we find ourselves,,, some supporters seriously need to wake up and realise what league we play in and what has happened over the past 10 years..

Adidas AND Nike look at one thing and one thing alone.. the Champions League.... Celtic at this moment in time have a much better chance of being in that competition than we do

we can sell as many shirts as we like, but while we are still involved with SD and out of the Champs League we are not seen as an elite club, the deal that Adidas give to Celtic is nothing compared to Man Utd or Real Madrid or Bayern Munich... small change in fact

im not 'happy with it' I could not be any less happy... but its where we find ourselves,,, some supporters seriously need to wake up and realise what league we play in and what has happened over the past 10 years..

Were Aberdeen not using Nike recently, or are using Nike at the moment?

Champs League only indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back