Kris Boyd’s new found media role

The way he talks about fellow pros is terrible, not just Rangers players. He should stick to playing, not the best pundit. Likes to stick the boot in to the club that gave him everything, his second spell with us was shambolic

As a player in his first spell, he was excellent. No matter what anyone tries to say.

But his 2nd spell coupled with his last 2 months of abuse of the manager & Ryan Jack has been disgusting.

He’s a lying, deceitful, dirty bastard & I hope someone gets a hold of him soon.
I get your point and his stats back him up but 8 just can’t agree he was excellent. Virtually never turned up in the big games.

I've come to really dislike Boyd these days. The comments he makes about fellow players, managers and team in the league in which he is still currently a player (an extremely poor player at that) is a disgrace. I'm amazed nobody has put him up in the air yet during a game. He's become yet another ex Rangers player who loves to put the boot into us. Sad when Kris Commons comes across as more balanced on sky sports.

Haven't paid the slightest bit of attention to him since he left. He was an embarrassment in our jersey the second time.

I thought he was idle, unfit and generally a waster second time around. My opinion of him has deteriorated since then.

The way he talks about fellow pros is terrible, not just Rangers players. He should stick to playing, not the best pundit. Likes to stick the boot in to the club that gave him everything, his second spell with us was shambolic
I get the impression Boyd thinks it should be an honour for Rangers that he pulled on the jersey.

Yip, he comes across as a bit of a Dick all round these days.

His slating of players in the Scotland squad ,other than Jack , was out of order.

Sure you can have an opinion on certain picks but openly slating fellow professionals in the media tells you all you need to know about the man.

The article when he called a section of Celtic fans a shower of shit and pulled them re the Jimmy Bell stuff?

Or the one where he said we were bullied in the Semi?

Ehm the one when he said Scumdee have been in decline since Thompsons wish to shit on us?

The only person who he seems to constantly question is King other than that meh - don't really read him say much a lot of Rangers fans haven't said, more so around the Pedro stuff which seems to have got a few folks etchy

Even the Jack comments - post Killie a load of folks were saying he had to wind it in a bit

He doesn’t like King because King called out all the failures in McCoists team when they failed to get promoted. King was right to do so.

He doesn’t like King because King called out all the failures in McCoists team when they failed to get promoted. King was right to do so.
I remember that aswell.Boyd really took the cream puff and still has a chip on his shoulders to this very day.

Those who say Ryan Jack isn't good enough for scotland really do baffle me, i wonder if they even understand football. When Boyd said that it really put me off the guy, slowly but surely buying into the Scottish media mindset in preparation for retiring so he can earn a wage. Mercenary.

Those who say Ryan Jack isn't good enough for scotland really do baffle me, i wonder if they even understand football. When Boyd said that it really put me off the guy, slowly but surely buying into the Scottish media mindset in preparation for retiring so he can earn a wage. Mercenary.

Ryan Jack has been brilliant for us, bit of fight about him which we have been missing. Sometimes a bit of a loose cannon but I would rather see that and see him get booked rather than be scared and let teams walk all over him/us.

I can see why he captained the sheep.

I can't get my head around the majority of ex- players who are too quick to stick the knife in.
You need to ask; were they genuine Rangers men - no, just mercenaries plain and simple.

Boyd and Butcher should be kept away from Ibrox.

The people who are involved in the decision making processes for the club need to take a hard stance, start protecting the players and the club.

Those who know me on here will testify that I spent the best part of 5 years defending Kris on this very forum for various reason she whether it be ability, team selection or some other reason.

I grew up in a youth system playing against Boyd in various teams & various age groups.

But now I want to address the kind of leeching c*unt he’s now become.

His every breath being a negative slant on anything that may be related to Rangers. His most recent verbal assault on Ryan Jack being one of the most disgusting ‘Rangers fans’ view of anything outside of John James.

This prick needs taken down a peg or 5.

He leeched from our club under McCoist whilst offering less than f*ck all.

I never thought I’d become the guy that goes after him like this but I genuinely don’t think he’d last a minute should he find himself in the company of any genuine Rangers man.

Kris Boyd, you’re a leeching worst c*nt. and I hope your career becomes that of a desperate, stinking, gutter sniping arsehole.
Totally agree with this
Glad you've seen the light .

I sometimes forget the fat pricks still playing. I wonder what Killie fans make of him dedicating his time to looking over our way with crayon in hand
I was stunned to see him lining up against us a few weeks back. I assumed he had retired and was now just worked in the media. Shows how far our game has fell where players can now be allowed to juggle a football career with being a constant media pundit.

Twice Rangers made him well off, more wages than any other Scottish club could manage

His current club is struggling, sacked a manager already this season, but he's yet to speak up about them

Twice Rangers made him well off, more wages than any other Scottish club could manage

His current club is struggling, sacked a manager already this season, but he's yet to speak up about them
Am surprised he hasn't come out supporting his mate Lee.Guilty conscience perhaps?Who am I kidding,he only cares for himself as long it's no himself in the firing line.

Last edited:
Those who know me on here will testify that I spent the best part of 5 years defending Kris on this very forum for various reason she whether it be ability, team selection or some other reason.

I grew up in a youth system playing against Boyd in various teams & various age groups.

His every breath being a negative slant on anything that may be related to Rangers. His most recent verbal assault on Ryan Jack being one of the most disgusting ‘Rangers fans’ view of anything outside of John James.

I never thought I’d become the guy that goes after him like this but I genuinely don’t think he’d last a minute should he find himself in the company of any genuine Rangers man.

Kris Boyd, you’re a leeching worst c*nt. and I hope your career becomes that of a desperate, stinking, gutter sniping arsehole.

Sadly these days if you want a successful career in the media up here you have to be anti Rangers or at the very minimum give very little praise at any point. It’s different from England where I feel the pundits sometimes show a little bit of favour to their former clubs like Owen and mcmanaman do with Liverpool.

The question is that would any real Rangers fan do that. He can’t be that desperate for money surely.

The sad thing is he is not alone, there are a good number of others who made a good living from the club who have jumped on the bandwagon.
%^*& the lot of them, and remember what they have done.

I sometimes forget the fat pricks still playing. I wonder what Killie fans make of him dedicating his time to looking over our way with crayon in hand
A pal of mine is a Kilmarnock fan and says most fans wish he would just concentrate on working for Kilmarnock to keep them safe and up the table. Also was told that Billy Bowie is not happy with his media input

I try not to criticise ex-players. Yet, here I go....
Goal-scoring is very important. But Boyd contributed nothing else & should talk only about that one attribute.
And 2nd time round he was a wage-thief, unprofessional & an embarrassment. Who didn't score goals. DK nailed it.

He was like that before he was signed... I remember lots of unhappy people.

Aye, he scored goals but was the wrong player to sign on a big wage.

If I'm at a club like Rangers, and I see a guy scoring goals on a buttons wage elsewhere, and I decide to give him twice as much money to come and score goals again for us, I expect that player to put in twice as much effort for his fat salary. I'd say that's fair.

So, I think it was reasonable of us to sign him again, back then, and it was also reasonable of us to expect him to get his hippo sized arse in gear and to stop shovelling chac n mac into his pie hole faster than a Singapore whore's kecks drop :)

The thing is he is invariably right in what he is saying.

Jack isn't good enough for Scotland.
conan-obrien-gtBJ6R.gif

I honestly looked around in disbelief and said to my mate, wit the f*ck they cheering that fat c*nt for.

Maybe a tad harsh, maybe not.

Anything but harsh, I used to really like Boyd, now - he's just a fućking letdown, a bit like his second spell at Ibrox.

61 goals in 7 and a half season, so much for Chesney taking him to the next level.

This is the prick, who refused to leave when we were struggling financially and were offered £4m for him, he said he loved it at Rangers and didn't want to go. He then left on a freebie the following season, pocketing a tidy sum on a free transfer. Can't stand the turncoat bastard.

What are you on about?

The fact is he took a big wage and couldn’t even bother his fat arse to try and stay in respectable shape. He was a rich skiving bastard

Would you say he's a bit like Carlos Pena in that regard, mate?

Boyd has always been an egregious piece of shit. One of those players that is so daft and like pathetic I can't even bring myself to get worked up about

We really love slagging our own and whoever said he's not that big a Rangers fan get a grip !!

Did he ever reach the different level he was going to reach when leaving Rangers? A real slap in the face to Walter Smith, that.

Didn't happen. Perhaps Chesney couldn't find the block and tackle.

Current players like Boyd should not be commenting on players they'll be playing against.

Similarly, club employees like Craigan should not be on BT offering opinions. It's just unprofessional, but sums up BT's whole approach to Scottish football.

His views on Pedro were the same as the majority on here. His views on Ryan Jack are different from mine but I've met Bears who think Jack has not played as well as expected. At the end of the day Boyd is entitled to his opinion. We can agree or disagree. That's what happens with pundits. I just don't get this view that he should not tell it as he sees it just because he used to play with us.

The way Rangers supporting ex-players get treated in here is a disgrace. I think it's easy to get tunnel vision on here, every quasi-negative article or out of context comment on the radio is posted, dissected and blown out of all proportion with people who clearly didn't like him in the first place the loudest voices in giving him personal abuse complete with character assassination. I think it's easy to completely lose all perspective.

For example there is people claiming he only cares about '£££' and sold his morals but when he signed the first time he waived half of his £40,000 signing on fee, which Kilmarnock were due to pay him under the terms of his contract, to help fund the youth setup at Kilmarnock. He's recently set up a foundation to help people with mental health issues. People think he's sold his soul because they think he's a bit mean about Rangers on the radio!? Perspective!!

There's people criticising his contribution in his first spell. He cost £400,000 from Kilmarnock and scored 128 goals. Perspective! He scored the same amount of goals against Celtic as Tore Andre Flo did and he cost £12.5m from Chelsea.

Overly negative about Rangers?! What exactly is there to be positive about? We lurch from one disaster to the next. The more plausible narrative is he's a fan who's hurting just as much as the rest of us, which will be why his views match most of the support in real life.

Just a tad off topic, wtf is Michael Stewart all about too?

Shite as a player but comments on what should and shouldn't happen on the pitch.

Another no mark wannabee ginger prick.

Standing in the tunnel with his hands in his pockets when the rest of the team were out celebrating the title,
was a huff too far and one too many, that said he shouldn't have been back in the first place.

The way Rangers supporting ex-players get treated in here is a disgrace. I think it's easy to get tunnel vision on here, every quasi-negative article or out of context comment on the radio is posted, dissected and blown out of all proportion with people who clearly didn't like him in the first place the loudest voices in giving him personal abuse complete with character assassination. I think it's easy to completely lose all perspective.

For example there is people claiming he only cares about '£££' and sold his morals but when he signed the first time he waived half of his £40,000 signing on fee, which Kilmarnock were due to pay him under the terms of his contract, to help fund the youth setup at Kilmarnock. He's recently set up a foundation to help people with mental health issues. People think he's sold his soul because they think he's a bit mean about Rangers on the radio!? Perspective!!

There's people criticising his contribution in his first spell. He cost £400,000 from Kilmarnock and scored 128 goals. Perspective! He scored the same amount of goals against Celtic as Tore Andre Flo did and he cost £12.5m from Chelsea.

Overly negative about Rangers?! What exactly is there to be positive about? We lurch from one disaster to the next. The more plausible narrative is he's a fan who's hurting just as much as the rest of us, which will be why his views match most of the support in real life.

People are attacking him because he appears to be enjoying sticking the boot in to us.

Watch this from 1min onwards putting the boot in to Ryan Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41902135

I also remember when he was with us he was always really uncomfortable looking when being interviewed after games but now he cant seem to shut his fat mouth up and usually attacking us.

Last edited:
This is the prick, who refused to leave when we were struggling financially and were offered £4m for him, he said he loved it at Rangers and didn't want to go. He then left on a freebie the following season, pocketing a tidy sum on a free transfer. Can't stand the turncoat bastard.

Who offered the £ 4 million for Boyd, mate ?

Back