"Kris Boyd abuse was not sectarian"

StrathbungoLoyal

That is honestly what a Celtic supporting friend of a friend said to me earlier today.

This is what we are up against and I for one was not letting that slide.

I challenged him to justify why it wasn't sectarian and as to why he thinks it's acceptable to abuse Boyd for his religion and to assume that he is involved with the orange order, and his response was, and I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

I put it to him that that was utter nonsense about us not signing RCs and that he was a hypocrite and a bigot, to which he told me to watch what I was saying and that he "wouldn't be taking any lectures off a supporter of Scotland's shame".

I asked him again, how could he justify anti Protestant abuse of Kris Boyd? He answered it's not anti Protestant abuse, it's anti OO abuse and that is merited.

I was getting more and more angry by now so I put one last question to him. "Okay, so why was the same chant directed at Steven Gerrard? Do you seriously suggest that he was involved with the Orange Order"?

His response? F*ck off, I don't need to.explain myself to you lot".

So there you have it. They simply cannot handle it when someone presses them on their hypocrisy, double standards and bigotry and all Bears should never let them away with it.

the mistake you made was having a celtic supporting friend in the first place!

imo if it was me, he'd have lost teeth!

and that goes for every single Rangers fan, why you have anything to do with that mob is beyond me, and why you'd expect anything but a grunt from a pig is also baffling.

if you honestly expect any differing view from them then your'e as deluded as them

Last edited:
I'm sorry mate but that should be no friend of yours! If that's his view what do him and all the others say about you when you aren't there? Growing up I was one of the few Rangers supporters in our group but once you grow up you realise that bitterness never leaves them and just because they are civil in your company it only takes you having a go at their culture to see that friendship comes with caveats! Hence I have none that close to me. Colleagues yes, friends never!

the mistake you made was having a celtic supporting friend in the first place

imo if it was me, he'd have lost teeth

and that goes for every single Rangers fan, why you have anything to do with that mob is beyond me, and why you'd expect anything but a grunt from a pig is also baffling.

if you honestly expect any differing view from them then your as deluded as them
He's not a friend of mine, he's a friend of a friend. But I take your point about engaging with them.

However I don't believe we should let them off scot free when they start spouting their garbage, that's how they are allowed to ride roughshod over everyone, because not enough people challenge their lies and hypocrisy.

These people see nothing wrong in their actions because nobody in authority has said differently until we are playing on a level playing field they’ll continue to act like high and mighty when in fact they are the main reason for the problem

How many of our players and managers are in the OO then?

McLeish
Smith
McCoist
Boyd
Gerrard
Ferguson
Thompson

That a just of the top of my head. The OO must be bursting at the seems.

He's not a friend of mine, he's a friend of a friend. But I take your point about engaging with them.

However I don't believe we should let them off scot free when they start spouting their garbage, that's how they are allowed to ride roughshod over everyone, because not enough people challenge their lies and hypocrisy.
sorry mate

i understand the want and need to defend yourself but they cant be reasoned with.

i agree! not enough is challenged but you cant challenge them as they are blinkered by an upbringing and religious edict in their education system from the beginning that will make them unable to see the truth no matter how vociferously you protest, best leave them to their own private hatefest it will consume them eventually.

These people see nothing wrong in their actions because nobody in authority has said differently until we are playing on a level playing field they’ll continue to act like high and mighty when in fact they are the main reason for the problem
Exactly!

That is why I will never allow one of them to get away with spouting their crap in my presence and will always challenge it because they start squirming the more you press them.

It’s very difficult to engage with them as most are so entrenched and defensive . I’ve found some are okay , mostly Glasgow boys who know the score and you can get a laugh with, but for the most part it’s easier to just not bother your arse with them . I’ve found especially blinkered from outwith Glasgow , places like Stirling , Dundee etc , just pure hatred for Rangers “ huns” and it’s now become the culture .

You’re engaging with fuckwits, so embittered in hatred that whenever their obsession is triggered they go into full deflection mode.

Your very presence and challenges to them sends Them nuclear

That is honestly what a Celtic supporting friend of a friend said to me earlier today.

I challenged him to justify why it wasn't sectarian and as to why he thinks it's acceptable to abuse Boyd for his religion and to assume that he is involved with the orange order, and his response was, and I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

I put it to him that that was utter nonsense about us not signing RCs and that he was a hypocrite and a bigot, to which he told me to watch what I was saying and that he "wouldn't be taking any lectures off a supporter of Scotland's shame".

I asked him again, how could he justify anti Protestant abuse of Kris Boyd? He answered it's not anti Protestant abuse, it's anti OO abuse and that is merited.

I was getting more and more angry by now so I put one last question to him. "Okay, so why was the same chant directed at Steven Gerrard? Do you seriously suggest that he was involved with the Orange Order"?

So there you have it. They simply cannot handle it when someone presses them on their hypocrisy, double standards and bigotry and all Bears should never let them away with it.

You missed an open goal here mate.

By his Boyd Logic, if your friend of a friend supports Celtic then surely he is a paedophile by association?

sorry mate

i understand the want and need to defend yourself but they cant be reasoned with.

i agree! not enough is challenged but you cant challenge them as they are blinkered by an upbringing and religious edict in their education system from the beginning that will make them unable to see the truth no matter how vociferously you protest, best leave them to their own private hatefest it will consume them eventually.
I get what you are saying but many of them, like that particular one, cannot handle it when clamped with facts and difficult questions. They show their true colours and cannot reasonably justify the stuff they come out with. I don't go into big debates with them, just keep the questions simple and to the point and they can't answer them.

kwn3UrT.gif

Now it may be lowering yourself to his level but if he said that about "feeling the same way as a club who didn't sign Catholics"
The obvious is response is- what does that mean about people who support a club who lied and covered up for paedophiles?

I had radio Clyde on today and Hugh Keevins stated that Boyd got abuse for one reason and one reason only and that was because he played for Rangers, he then went on to state that Clark got abuse because of his catholic upbringing.....thats the narrative that has been set, Rangers = bigots , Celtic = banter, somebody has to challenge this totally intentional rhetoric that idiots like Keevins are allowed to spout without any recourse, him and his ilk are a massive part of the problem and until they are either removed from their platforms or forced to be impartial then only one side of the argument will ever be heard.

A friend you say,A 19th Century Terrorist,poet,mentally challenged,Bheast,Peado,Terrorist loving Scum if he supports the fhilth he must be.

I have minimum contact with them and like to keep it that way, if through work I meet these scumbags I don't discuss anything football related It's strictly work end of. I just don't have the patience nor the desire to talk to them. Fucking scum in my eyes.

That's the reason I have no tim friends.

It's also their end game within this country. They want to be able to call us orange/h*n scum etc with impunity while every Rangers fan gets the jailed for even saying the word tim.

"Well if Catholics go to a church that has murdered and abused millions of people around the globe for hundreds of years, surely you support that as well."

That's his logic, isn't it?

He might be a kafflik but maybe not a Roman wan?

Find a new friend.

Good for you for standing your ground mate. I, for 1, will be taking no lectures on morals from a club who are responsible for the biggest paedophile scandal in world football.

I actually quite enjoy having a wee debate with them especially about their faith. My favourite question is who gives the power to a priest to forgive people their sins when he's just a man like the rest of us. I had one zoomer that went all the way through deacons, cardinals etc all the way up to el papa. When I asked who gives the pope the right to forgive sins as he's just a man as well I was told he's on the telephone to God.

Absolutely deranged but shows what goes on in their heads.

So, you’re not a 19th Century Terrorist just because you’re catholic
But you are an Orangeman just because you’re not catholic or a proddy

This is one good reason to shut their schools down

I sympathise here.
My brother-in-law’s brother-in-law is a total qunt of a man.
He comes along to family events and always tries the wind ups.
Type of tramp you'd walk by if he was in trouble.

I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

Does the fact he happily supports a club who covered up the systemic abuse of children for over four decades make him more likely to be a paedophile or have sympathetic leanings towards paedophles?

Does the fact he happily supports a club who covered up the systemic abuse of children for over four decades make him more likely to be a paedophile or have sympathetic leanings towards paedophles?
I didn't think to ask that tbh, I was shaking with rage the more I listened to him but decided to keep the questions simple and avoid ant sort of point scoring. He certainly showed himself up for the bigot and hypocrite that he is.

So is the easy response to your mate not just to point out that by his argument if being a Rangers fan makes you part of the Orange Order, then being a Celtic fan must make you a paedophile...And then just walk away?

Back