Kyle Lafferty

He’s got “attitude problems?” Read through this thread to see some of those. I’ve supported not just Lafferty but many players past and present when things get out of hand here. Many of you are bang out of order. Simple. But carry on. Lafferty (and your next target) are not too bothered I’m sure.
I agree he has faults but then so did a lot of so called legends who went on to slate our club to papis media outlets, I sometimes wonder if half the posters on here have ever really set foot in Ibrox.

I see it like this Say he’s getting 8k a week we ll make up what ever the difference that someone can’t afford to pay him.
Example- if hearts want him bck but can only afford 4K a week we ll give him £4K a week for remaining year of his contract whether it be lump sum or weekly.

He's been released mate we're no paying any difference

Then give him pelters for stealing a wage off the club without showing a modicum of professionalism.

How was he stealing a wage? Gerrard didn’t fancy him - not Lafferty’s fault. Is he supposed to just give up his wage in that case?

Caught sticking fingers up at mentally challengeds when he was at hearts and that was celebrated. Nobody had concerns about his professionalism then.

I’m glad the guys gone. He wasn’t working out, but (again) I’ll stop short of slagging f*ck out the boy.

Hopefully cause he's a Rangers man he's left without a payoff. He should never have been re-signed and I like the big man but it just wasn't meant to be. Hope he does well where he ends up next

Imagine marrying a stunner, having a kid and then rejoining the team you support, all to throw it away by having a lack of application and sending a picture of your junk to an absolute munter.

Waster.

I'd have to agree.
He was afforded a second chance, working under a footballing legend at the club he purported to love and pissed it away.

That's the definition of a waster in my eyes.

Hopefully cause he's a Rangers man he's left without a payoff. He should never have been re-signed and I like the big man but it just wasn't meant to be. Hope he does well where he ends up next

No one in their right mind would do that.

I’m usually pretty positive towards players, current and former, but honestly, good riddance to the .... nah, not worth it, just glad he is out of the club, he was never worthy, especially big for a second chance.

The only person I hear we did not pay off was Theresa May, although I’m still uncertain that’s true.

It’s as if the ghost of Bain is still operating.

He will never walk off leaving money like that, it’s a short career that you to make the best of. at the end of the day he’s got a wife, children family and a lush lifestyle to keep up no way he’s going to walk away for nothing there will be a pay off of sum sort, am sure it will be in the club best interest what ever they have done to get him off the books.

No one in their right mind would do that.
They would if they have another club wanting them and willing to pay them decent money but don't want to pay a fee for them. So the new club get the player they want free laff gets a decent wage similar to here and as usual we get nothing but a wage of the wage bill

Can't understand all the sniping. It's not like he was refusing to play, kidding on he was injured or being some kind of contract rebel, he just wasn't good enough and now the club are moving him on.

They would if they have another club wanting them and willing to pay them decent money but don't want to pay a fee for them. So the new club get the player they want free laff gets a decent wage similar to here and as usual we get nothing but a wage of the wage bill

Aye but if he hasn't got a club lined up then it would be daft.

wonder if his wife will also go, by following her on instagram and seeing her stories she is always on holiday, executive lunching, spas etc don’t think this would manage to keep going on if he signs for a small club on hardly any cash.

A few weeks ago he was being offered a deal that “blew his current deal out of the water” by somebody Tai team. I doubt he’ll go to a team like Motherwell more likely to Saudi, US or other foreign league team that will throw money at him.

A few weeks ago he was being offered a deal that “blew his current deal out of the water” by somebody Tai team. I doubt he’ll go to a team like Motherwell more likely to Saudi, US or other foreign league team that will throw money at him.
he might have no option where to go like. I wish him the same as every other player who has been a rangers players and that’s the very best of lucky to him and his family

I think we were most likely looking for a fee but found that nobody was willing to pay money for him. So to give him a better chance of being picked up, agree a mutual termination in which we pay him nothing as a result.

How was he stealing a wage? Gerrard didn’t fancy him - not Lafferty’s fault. Is he supposed to just give up his wage in that case?

Caught sticking fingers up at mentally challengeds when he was at hearts and that was celebrated. Nobody had concerns about his professionalism then.

I’m glad the guys gone. He wasn’t working out, but (again) I’ll stop short of slagging f*ck out the boy.
His attitude vs Liverpool made the manager's mind up about him, that to me suggests stealing a wage.

he might have no option where to go like. I wish him the same as every other player who has been a rangers players and that’s the very best of lucky to him and his family

Might have no option where to go??

He’s free to join anyone now as well as if I’m right his contract being payed off by Rangers. He seems to be one of those journeyman who proves nothing at any teams yet always gets a very good contract at a decent team.

Might have no option where to go??

He’s free to join anyone now as well as if I’m right his contract being payed off by Rangers. He seems to be one of those journeyman who proves nothing at any teams yet always gets a very good contract at a decent team.
Aye he’s free to go anywhere but who will want him ? I can’t see him getting an other decent team and contract, I hope i’m wrong and he lands on his feet.

I think there's a fair bit of hyperbole being thrown about here. Lafferty's return clearly didn't work out but he's hardly been the disaster people are making out. He played 30 times and while he didn't score as many as we would like I'd hazard a guess his scoring record probably isn't that different from in his first spell. Pena and Grezda have been disasters, Lafferty just didn't live up to expectations.

It seems that people seem keen to add whatever off field gossip they've heard about him in with his on field performances and throw in the word disaster when in reality it's not really the case.

Started off well, scored a few goals and then faded out of the picture and wasn't fancied. His social media antics maybe didn't help him, but he was never dislodging Morelos as the striker either.

Wasn't the disaster as being made out but not a great return overall for what our outlay on him has been (fee, wages etc.) not one of the Manager's better signings.

There’s a good chance he’s already agreed a deal with another club and will have left for nothing or very little as part of the agreement, so fingers crossed.

Nothing you can do if nobody wants to/is able to buy them. Dorrans likely to go the same route.

KL 2012-19: 1 decent season at Hearts?

What a waste of talent.

He will never walk off leaving money like that, it’s a short career that you to make the best of. at the end of the day he’s got a wife, children family and a lush lifestyle to keep up no way he’s going to walk away for nothing there will be a pay off of sum sort, am sure it will be in the club best interest what ever they have done to get him off the books.

"Its a short career". Unlike me he can retire in his early 30s. Poor Kyle. Im lucky cos Im 63 and still looking for a job to give me enough NI stamps to be able to collect £169 per week till I die.

Just for the record I too have a wife and family and Ive done the OU. Currently earning just under £10 per hour working in a casual position.

Why didn’t Gerrard fancy him? Because he behaved like an overgrown wean the minute he was back in the door whilst being paid handsomely in the process. I don’t know if its to do with his country of origin or just naivety, but some people let him off with murder.

The sad thing is, it’s more about people telling the truth than it is about slagging him, his two stints at Rangers paint a picture of a guy with little between the ears, not a great deal of respect for the club he allegedly loves, and no capacity to behave like an adult or professionally when it comes to his employment.

Last edited:
I think we were most likely looking for a fee but found that nobody was willing to pay money for him. So to give him a better chance of being picked up, agree a mutual termination in which we pay him nothing as a result.

There are no circumstances where Kyle Lafferty has waved goodbye to a year's salary.

No-one would.

Those who said his return was a bad idea have ultimately been proven right.

It was a calamitous decision, the only upside of which was to weaken Hearts.

Glad to see the back of him.

Back