Lafferty charged by SFA, possible 10 game ban

How the %^*& can the SFA have any say what Kyle lafferty does in his own time I understand Kilmarnock pulling him up as he is there employee think Kyle may have a case against the sfa if they proceed

Rangers could have ended the scumbag's victimhood status there and then.
Well, the RST put it out there.... but as another poster suggested, nowt happened.. Funny, that.

* RST Media Release 6 December 2004 "

'Supporters Trust positively identifies true culprits from Celtic shame game'

Following distorted and unbalanced accounts of events at Ibrox on Saturday 20th November, and after receiving numerous complaints from Rangers supporters concerning the conduct of Martin O'Neill and Neil Lennon, the Trust has secured the services of an independent lipreading expert to analyse the comments clearly shouted at home fans at the end of the match. Regrettably, our worst fears have been confirmed, as the lady concerned, who is often called as an expert witness as a forensic lipreader in the English courts, has confirmed that Neil Lennon clearly shouted the phrase "Orange Bastards!" at the home support, as well as other abuse directed towards the Rangers bench. At a time when both The Scottish Executive, and the media seem determined to stamp out religious bigotry from Scottish society, the fact that such a high profile Celtic player shouted such obscenities at the home fans at the end of an eventful match, after other colleagues had also lost their discipline, and particularly in full view of a large live television audience certainly warrants further investigation. The Trust finds it difficult to understand why this incident, witnessed by so many people at the game, and even more on television, has been ignored by the media and now believes that an investigation by the Police, possible reference to the Procurator Fiscal, certainly an unequivocal condemnation from Nil by Mouth, an investigation by the Press Complaints Commission into unbalanced reporting of the whole affair, a charge by the SFA of bringing the game into disrepute, and, most importantly, a full apology from the culprit are all appropriate actions following such misconduct."

How do you know this?
We’ve become experts at whining about it not being a level playing field.

The reality is we do practically Fck all when it comes to reporting sectarian abuse, use of orange bastard, Hun bastards , etc. For the most part we turn a blind eye and hope it goes away or that someone else does it for them.

Compare and contrast with the way they operate as a collective.

Without staying too much I had a man years ago about to accept a written warning for calling another employee a “19th Century Terrorist” without challenging the fact he had first of all been called a “ Hun”. Fortunately after some advice both ended up with the warning despite our best efforts with HR to dismiss it altogether , but it shows the mindset we tend to have. Until that changes we are Pissing in the wind. This wasn’t the only incident of similar outcome I’ve been involved in.

If people are using it in your workplace, report it. You’ll soon see a shift in attitude. Instead though it’s easier to bury your head away and kid on it’s just banter or that we are somehow “ above it”.

Fifty years of abuse of children and covered up by a rancid organisation from the east of Glasgow. Nothing has been done where have the SFA been on this crime against children who just wanted to play football.

Remember Paddy McCourts F*ni*n Army ( I dare not print the word ):rolleyes: That term was on every other banner at the piggery and every other stadium and nobody was offended yet they can call us Huns and that seems to be acceptable to the crackpots that decide the rules .
And the Celtic players including Lennon who posed outside a pub (was it America?) called you've guessed it Feni@ns.

Im absolutely raging at this. So we can see a club disgrace the county by disgusting chanting after the queens death and face no punishment. Kyle gets wound up by idiots on a night out, makes a stupid comment and is fined and a ten match ban. An fkn joke

The reality is we do practically Fck all when it comes to reporting sectarian abuse, use of orange bastard, Hun bastards , etc. For the most part we turn a blind eye and hope it goes away or that someone else does it for them.

Without staying too much I had a man years ago about to accept a written warning for calling another employee a “19th Century Terrorist” without challenging the fact he had first of all been called a “ Hun”. Fortunately after some advice both ended up with the warning despite our best efforts with HR to dismiss it altogether , but it shows the mindset we tend to have. Until that changes we are Pissing in the wind. This wasn’t the only incident of similar outcome I’ve been involved in.

If people are using it in your workplace, report it. You’ll soon see a shift in attitude. Instead though it’s easier to bury your head away and kid on it’s just banter or that we are somehow “ above it”.

There's literally a statement from the RST above, which was put out at a time at which the whole sectarianism thing was at a ridiculous political peak, and which resulted in sweet FA happening. It wasn't made an issue in the media, nor was it jumped upon by the SFA or SPL.

There's literally a statement from the RST above, which was put out at a time at which the whole sectarianism thing was at a ridiculous political peak, and which resulted in sweet FA happening. It wasn't made an issue in the media, nor was it jumped upon by the SFA or SPL.
When it comes to media there is a battle to be won and has been the case for as long as I can remember. Again, that’s on us to address it. We are still a big majority in Scotland.

In terms of the word “ Hun “ there’s no ambiguity though- any workplace HR department have no choice but to deal with it in the same was as “ 19th Century Terrorist” and that I can tell you is a fact. It doesn’t matter what the daily record or anyone else says. It’s a sectarian slur as defined by scot gov.

You can't go around saying stuff like that anymore.
Probably not. However this wasn't during an SPFL game or event. Ridiculous that they are taking this action. Will they ban players who drink drive? Will they ban players that assualt their partners? Will they ban players that kick flares into a stand full of fans? The answer to all of these is no.
It's a one way street. Fuckin ridiculous

The current compliance officer started his tenure promising to reduce the amount of interference from the SFA. He has handed in his resignation and will leave his post in November. Very possibly his replacement has been found and evidently it will be back to protect the 19th Century Terrorist brand and football team.

Totally agree.

We’ve been offered the tool to deal with it - I think one of them was done for BOTP 2008 for having the term on his top.

It’s up to us to how we want to use the tool.

Looks like the big mans time is up in Scotland.

When are we as a support going to stand up to the prosecution of Rangers supporters and Protestants in Scotland? It seems like we are easy game & have been for a long time now. This country is hating itself do death and it starts with the SNP.

Looks like the big mans time is up in Scotland.

When are we as a support going to stand up to the prosecution of Rangers supporters and Protestants in Scotland? It seems like we are easy game & have been for a long time now. This country is hating itself do death and it starts with the SNP.

We ain’t this and the other thread is proof

Totally agree.

We’ve been offered the tool to deal with it - I think one of them was done for BOTP 2008 for having the term on his top.

It’s up to us to how we want to use the tool.
Correct.

The unpalatable truth is we prefer to just not bother. Too much hassle etc etc

I was spitting feathers at the boy I dealt with who was willing to take the derry and a written final and not pipe up and stand up for himself over the fact he was verbally abused first and his misdemeanour was in response. He even said along the lines of what’s the point in both of us getting the warning. I said this is exactly why we are where we are. It was actually his wife who got him to see sense in the end. And it stopped people using sectarian terms pretty much at the drop of a hat when it emerged(in our workplace anyway).

I’m not saying I like the road things have gone down but never forget who brought this to the point we are at in the first place.

We now fight fire with fire or we lose.

You’re at it.

Us getting called Hun isn’t new, it’s happened unpunished for years. They dont accept Hun is sectarian, hardly anyone does. The media dont push it as sectarian and the politicians don’t cry about it on the socials. It’s literally on banners in stadiums and nothing has been done by the SFA to the clubs waving them.

We’re Hun scum according to the banner. No fines. No bans. no condemnation

THERE IS NO TWO WAY STREET
That's because we as a support are totally lazy at demanding equal treatment. You post ," there's no 2 way street"! Of course there is not as you can't even call out the double standards, on here as I found out when I posted a thread asking why the club didn't make a statement on the Dundee United fans offensive behaviour & sectarianism towards the Queen with their songs and FTQ chants.

WE need to as a support be more active at calling every bit of double standards treatment, the law is applicable to all and that includes us!

If lafferty receives a ten game ban then the precedent has been set.

If a player is then caught on camera using the sectarian word “Hun” they won’t have any choice legally but to administer the exact same punishment.

I am not naive, far from it. Ive posted before about my involvement in disciplinary work procedures where people received final written warnings for using “ Hun “ in the work place.

The problem is us. We don’t report it the same, we have a tendency towards turning a blind eye and tolerating it. Which is entirely the wrong thing to do.

HR departments have no choice now it’s been defined as sectarian and derogatory and it is in black and white on scot gov website if anybody actually bothers looking. Instead of just moaning on FF that we are treated different. If we are , it’s on us.
Exactly this.
We’re constantly told that it’s not the Rangers way to complain, dignified silence, don’t stoop to their level etc.
We simply have to call them out, challenge them and their narratives and do it in numbers.

You can put anything on a banner.

Until we learn to kick up enough and play the game the way our enemies do we will always be playing second fiddle in that regard.
You are not meant to be able to put anything on a banner and take it within a scottish football stadium.

I hope Lafferty fights this if he receives any punishment.He was trying to do the decent thing and pose for a selfie with a"fan"He wasnt on the pitch when the alleged comment was made, he was on his private time I dont see how the sfa have any jurisdiction here.As far as I am aware there is no police involvement and no court case.It would be a very dangerous road for the sfa to go down where entrapment was used to get a reaction from him then relying on camera phone footage to convict him.Where is the chain of evidence and who can prove that the footage wasn't edited.Remeber the mhanks have got previous for this.A good lawyer will drive a coach and horses through this kangaroo court.

I full grasp that fact but why? He was not even in Scotland, the incident happened in Belfast and he was not playing for any Scottish club and was playing for his national team.
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that mate but it was always going to happen. We know how they work.

Correct.

The unpalatable truth is we prefer to just not bother. Too much hassle etc etc

I was spitting feathers at the boy I dealt with who was willing to take the derry and a written final and not pipe up and stand up for himself over the fact he was verbally abused first and his misdemeanour was in response. He even said along the lines of what’s the point in both of us getting the warning. I said this is exactly why we are where we are. It was actually his wife who got him to see sense in the end. And it stopped people using sectarian terms pretty much at the drop of a hat when it emerged(in our workplace anyway).

I’m not saying I like the road things have gone down but never forget who brought this to the point we are at in the first place.

We now fight fire with fire or we lose.
We’ll get no further forward until we take up their mindset.

I completely understand the notion that “I’d rather not behave like them” but that concept been proven, for several decades now, to be counterproductive to any semblance of parity.

Gloves should be off at all levels IMO.

How can he get banned for something they happened in a nightclub
just posted, how can the SFA punish KL for something that happened in his personal life and did not involve an arrest or crime? Will they be banning players for not having TV licences next?
SFA are a joke

You are not meant to be able to put anything on a banner and take it within a scottish football stadium.
You aren’t meant to set off flares, sing certain songs, piss in the street, and so on.

Thousands still do it on a weekly basis inside and outside football grounds across the world.

If they are putting sectarian stuff on banners it needs reported to police, stewards, complained about and highlighted. But this involves too much work so people prefer to go online and post “ this isny a level playing field “.

The reason there are double standards is because they have been motivated enough to get people in media, positions of influence, people in all walks of life to manipulate rules in their favour and from their point of view. That hasn’t happened by accident.

The answer isn’t just to give up and say” there’s nothing we can do”. Stand idly by while people in work call you a Hun , orange bastard etc. smile as if it doesn’t bother you. We all know the script.

Really stupid thing for him to say while being filmed. Although I don't really see what it's got to do with the SFA if it happened in a nightclub. Do they ban players who get caught drink driving, for example?
Has the SFA commented yet on the behavior of the Dundee Celtic and Hibs fans the weekend before the Queen's funeral?

Kilmarnock Football Club has concluded its investigation into an alleged comment made by Kyle Lafferty which was circulated across social media via a video recording on Thursday, 22 September.

The club can confirm that Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters.

Kilmarnock Football Club has subsequently taken internal action, including the serving of a substantial fine. The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Kyle has also committed to supporting the club’s community projects which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth’s educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock’s ‘Football for All’ programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

A Notice of Complaint has now been served and received by the club from the Compliance Officer at the Scottish FA with regards to the player, Kyle Lafferty. This hearing will be heard on Thursday, 20 October 2022. The club will now focus on fully cooperating with the Scottish FA’s investigation.

Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank Nil By Mouth for their ongoing support in this matter.

Back