Lafferty charged by SFA, possible 10 game ban

The word can be used a sectarian or non-sectarian context. Sometimes people use in a sectarian way for any Irish Catholic but sometimes people use it to just mean Celtic fans.

In Lafferty's case he used it in a non-sectarian context, the guy said up the celts (meaning celtic FC) and he replied saying the word.

He was clearly meaning it in the context that he was referring to dhims and not Catholics in general.

It's strange how dhims manage to get nicknames they don't like banned but no nicknames for Rangers fans are banned. Soon dhims will probably try and get dhim banned too.

Can someone remind me of how many games Lennon got banned for when he called us Orange Bastards on the pitch at Ibrox.

Aye, the SFA are a bunch w ankers.

So many posters missing the point spectacularly, the word 19th Century Terrorist isn’t the issue obviously, it’s what followed it, we know they revel in that word and see it as a badge of honour to be called it, it’s pointless flagging all the instances up where they refer to themselves as exactly that.

Exactly what I asked. What if this had happened when he was on holiday in Spain for example, would the SFA think they could still bring him up on a charge? If I was Kyle Lafferty Id get a Lawyer and fight this.
No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA...

How could he be "under the jurisdiction of the SFA" if he was in Belfast with the Northern Ireland squad?

Senior officials in the IFA won't be happy about this because it places them in an awkward position.

Oh the great irony on an Irish website the first comment on the story from a yahoo “what a disgusting hun” in reference to big Kyle.

No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA...

How could he be "under the jurisdiction of the SFA" if he was in Belfast with the Northern Ireland squad?

Senior officials in the IFA won't be happy about this because it places them in an awkward position.
I just don't get this either. Lafferty for me, must fight this and should also state what we have both stated and also has to mention that he has been subjected to sectarianism by Celtic fans on a regular basis every time they play each other. He was even subjected to sectarian abused by them at Killie's own ground in their match vs Celtic a few weeks back in August.

If it was aimed the other way feck all would happen. Just watched our new monarch dedicate himself to upholding the Protestant faith but a guy using what was a fairly colloquial term ( also used by themselves as a term of brotherhood ) is now faced with this shit.

What has defined this shift where we are the minority ( in governance only ).

I can only think it’s part of the bigger case to undermine the child sex abuse class action by portraying us as the outrageous bigots who demonise all catholics.

I’m willing to bet there is not a person on here who doesn’t have someone they consider a good friend who is Catholic.

But I’m also willing to bet that everyone hears from said friend only when the sons of satan are doing well? Other than that it will just be moon howling as usual!

Kilmarnock are sending him to nil by mouth and making him work with them.well he will be able to tell them about the sectarian abuse he has to put up with.

DOB seems to be acceptable if you look at 3m27s of this clip:

The fact they still have this online shows what we are up against in the country. For those still supporting the national team, just remember that's what they think about you.

Reactions: TNT
Kilmarnock are sending him to nil by mouth and making him work with them.well he will be able to tell them about the sectarian abuse he has to put up with.
He should tell them to shove that right up their arse! Kilmarnock have sold him down the river on this as they have stayed silent on the non stop sectarian abuse he gets from Celtic fans. What on earth are Nil By Mouth going to teach a guy from NI about sectarianism! Id say that NBM need some lessons themselves so they understand that anti protestant hate crimes are happening all the time here in Scotland but, they say nothing. They are a sham organisation !

I just don't get this either. Lafferty for me, must fight this and should also state what we have both stated and also has to mention that he has been subjected to sectarianism by Celtic fans on a regular basis every time they play each other. He was even subjected to sectarian abused by them at Killie's own ground in their match vs Celtic a few weeks back in August.

Decisions like this are intended to be inconsistent. The whole point is to send out a message about who is in control.

I don't think they'll be remotely interested in Lafferty talking about double standards.

Kyle should just say he is a catholic and he was just street talking to his fellow travellers. In a world where men become women etc who is going to question him.

So, Lafferty COULD get a 10 game ban for this.

Leigh Griffiths still hasn't received any punishment for kicking a flare into a group of fans.
Griffiths was also given a 2 game suspended ban for racism for singing that song about rudi skacel couldnt make it up

While I admire Kyle for his honesty he should have shelled out some cash on a top lawyer and admitted feck all. No way should he banned for an incident in a nightclub that any half decent brief would have had a field day with.
Hopefully the crash barriers who set him up meet an angry group of bears down one of the EK underpasses. Need a scheme booting. Wee pricks. Definite target on their backs now.

You can put anything on a banner.

Until we learn to kick up enough about it and play the game the way our enemies do we will always be playing second fiddle in that regard.
Says who of course you can’t the written word is just as offensive as the spoken .

The hoopla over this and all the apologies make me spew to be honest. %^*& that mob, if the shower was on the other on the other foot we wouldn’t hear a peep. Sectarianism is a one way street in this backwater.

The hoopla over this and all the apologies make me spew to be honest. %^*& that mob, if the shower was on the other on the other foot we wouldn’t hear a peep. Sectarianism is a one way street in this backwater.

The shower touched their foot you'd hear the popping and bubbling as they multiplied like gremlins.

it is not an offence to call someone a 19th Century Terrorist but if you add bast*rd on then it is an offence!
Still baffled by SFA involvement

We all know that's true mate and we all know what the word really means, but we're 16 years too late on that one. Not enough was done about it at the time and now there's laws, legal precedent/definition and all sorts.

Its never too late. Sure it should have been challenged at the time but that doesnt matter. If we just accept the propaganda then its our own fault.

Fight back bears.

I can’t get upset by the word hun. Since the early 70’s both sets of supporters used the same song when they were winning and going into to the last five minutes “ Go home ya huns, go home “. At some point we got bored and stopped singing it .

I can’t get upset by the word hun. Since the early 70’s both sets of supporters used the same song when they were winning and going into to the last five minutes “ Go home ya huns, go home “. At some point we got bored and stopped singing it .

Christ all f.uckin mighty!!

Stay in Northampton in your wee bubble ffs.

Try living in a one sided Nationalist pro Yahoo shitehole.

The more I read your post the more remarkable it gets.
:mad:

Back