Lafferty leaves Famagusta

He spunked every penny he ever earned gambling and when given a second chance at us fucked it up sending dick picks to young lassies.

He now chases a wage anywhere he can get one to fund his habit. He was shite both times he was here outside the 3-4 games a season he turned up for and is only given the benefit of the doubt by folks here because he is a Northern Irish and a bear.

Boys the definition of a waster
So what are you slating here his football career? Which clearly hasnt been wasted or are you attacking him for personal problems. Id rather be a waster of his caliber than an anonymous poster on a forum givin it to a guy for his demons.

Because Killies problems went much deeper than Kyle Lafferty, he was a great signing for them.

That also wasn’t that long ago, he should be a no brainier for the likes of St Johnstone or St Mirren if they can afford him.

I'd say his career path says its own story, he clearly can go through purple patches, but by no means is he consistent.

His Hearts and Killie spells were decent, the rest is just a journeyman career.

He’s maybe not as daft as he appears.

Pisses about 6 months, rakes in the cash and tops up the tan.

Come winter, clubs are desperate to stay up, bargain well, score 10 goals and become a hero again.

Outside the Old Firm, every team would be better with him.

Hearts are threadbare up top. He’d be a good alternative for Boyce. Halliday suggested they were looking for another striker.

I'd say his career path says its own story, he clearly can go through purple patches, but by no means is he consistent.

His Hearts and Killie spells were decent, the rest is just a journeyman career.
Think you’re right yeh

He’s always been reasonably consistent goal scoring wise in Scotland though

An acquaintance is an ex-teammate of Lafferty and told me stories about him gambling eye watering sums of money on the bus to away games.

Unfortunately will be the type of player who likely ends up penniless in retirement.

His next club will be his 15th.

That's totally mental.

He will retire knowing he brought home the title for his team on 3 occasions. I am sure he will regret parts of his career but hitting the door of a century cap's for his country is nothing to be sneared at.

A heavy gambler and womaniser but I am sure we all aren't perfect.

Good luck in his next adventure. Probably some obscure league in Belarus.

He could do a job for pretty much any side in Scotland outside of us and them.

Hearts could do a lot worse.

Bring him back, keep him out the squad till March, score the winning goal in every game after that.

Hard to know what sort of condition he'd be in. Raith Rovers are after David Goodwillie from Clyde, but I doubt Lafferty would need to drop that far down the leagues. St Johnstone claim they have money to spend. Back to Killie perhaps?

Back