Lafferty leaves Sunderland

Can see him pitching up at a league 1 club or an SPL club. Aberdeen, Motherwell or some shite like that.

Just can’t seem to settle at a club
It would have been a short term deal and their finances will be fucked cos of covid. What you say is technically true but this latest one is no fault of his own I wouldn't think.

More clubs the Tiger Woods and a complete waste of space!!!

Wonder where he will turn up next only to be loaned out after 6 months and released yet again!?!

It would have been a short term deal and their finances will be fucked cos of covid. What you say is technically true but this latest one is no fault of his own I wouldn't think.

Probably but if he had made a big impact then I’d have thought they’d have kept him

A club statement read: "Sunderland AFC can confirm that Kyle Lafferty has left the club.

"After signing a short-term deal at the Stadium of Light in January, the 32-year-old striker went on to score two goals in 11 appearances for the Lads.

"Everyone at SAFC would like to wish Kyle the best of luck for the future."
What a waste of a career..he could have achieved so much more if he had just applied the right attitude

I don't mind Big Kyle.
Yes he fucked a great opportunity under Gerrard.
But he comes across as daft as a brush.
And loves The Rangers.
Unfortunately he's just not good enough / didn't work hard enough.

Looking forward to seeing the big man around Airdrie at some point as his career gently winds down.

I’m away to play “Idiot wind” by Bob Dylan full blast.
Lafferty is several brain cells short of being a human being...

Harsh.

Dundee United away title win.
Killie away title win.

That’ll do for me. Wasted tens of millions on players who haven’t contributed at all.

Hibs away April 2010 scored the only goal that give us the title as well

Hibs away April 2010 scored the only goal that give us the title as well

Don’t know why that games gone from memory but although he’s not a model pro by any stretch, he’s done more than enough to deserve respect on here (on the park)

We’ve had plenty of returning players who weren’t up to it 2nd time around.

Big man wasn’t a worker but he got us over the line more than once.

We should never have bought him the first time let alone twice but he did score some important goals for us at the business end of the season. Will never go down as a Rangers great but he has played in more European Championships than any of the current Scotland squad

The man who was coming here to outscore Morelos because he was more of a natural finisher and scored at Hearts therefore would score even more here. Oh, and because he’d also matured (weeks later he was sending a photo of his boaby to a young girl)

Let’s see if the fella who stated the above is brave enough to show himself :D

Last edited:
I don’t get the hate for him

I don’t get the adulation. Two bites at the cherry at his boyhood team, couldn’t apply himself either time. Only showed up during the last handful of games of the season under Walter, embarrassed himself in his second stint, admits he doesn’t really put much effort in during training, and did all of this whilst collecting an absolute fortune.

Need I go on?

It kinda sums Lafferty up that's he's went from having probably his best and most consistent season in his career with Hearts 3 years ago to where he is now.

I don't mind Big Kyle.
Yes he fucked a great opportunity under Gerrard.
But he comes across as daft as a brush.
And loves The Rangers.
Unfortunately he's just not good enough / didn't work hard enough.
If he loved the Rangers would be really have wasted not one but two chances with us?

He still has his house on outskirts of East Kilbride.
I'd guess Motherwell may suit him, and he still has goals in him.

He still has his house on outskirts of East Kilbride.
I'd guess Motherwell may suit him, and he still has goals in him.
Would imagine he would need to take a significant pay cut to play with Motherwell

The time he injured himself due to stupid behaviour prior to the Champions League game against Manchester United at Ibrox summed up Lafferty for me. He could have been a great player but did not have the intelligence to make the most of the talent he had been blessed with.

Probably one of the strangest players to have pulled on the jersey in the last 20 years, in that I mean the important goals he scored to secure titles then on the back of it posted missing for 6 months, for someone who actually done so much in terms of securing titles his 2 spells will always be remembered by being an absolute clown who didnt apply himself at all, nothing against the big flute and wish him well, just wished he conducted himself in the correct manner and attitude towards being a professional at Rangers.

Back