Last nights traffic...........

Left Galashiels at 5 and headed up through Peebles and Carluke and onto the M74 (would never attempt the Edinburgh bypass and M8 on a mid week game).

Going great guns until hitting just South of Rutherglen then was nose to tail. Diverted off to go through Dalmarnock and the Gorbals and parked at Bridge Street subway. Got into my seat just for the kick off despite the queues at the turnstiles.

!o min walk to Govan subway and back to Bridge Street and straight on the M8 and then A7 to get home at 11.45.

Didn't even try to head home straight after game. Grabbed something to eat and sat. Never seen it so bad leaving Ibrox for a very long time

We were back in Portlethen (Aberdeenshire) by 00:35, We park at the Quay and its a 25 min walk along PRW so not to bad.
Did not get back to Alford until 01:45. Last time I park at Go Glasgow Urban hotel. We had to be at airport by 06:55 so not much sleep but felt better seeing the look on Stewart Milnes face after seeing him sitting next to us in the lounge.

Left Berwick at 3.45pm and just got into the ground bang on kick off.
Fecking nightmare.
Whoever's responsible for traffic management wants toed in the balls.
Only an hour and a half to get home once we got back to the motor.

We left Newmains at 6:15..... missed the KO by 3 minutes.... traffic along Paisley Road West, along Govwn Rd to the Squinty Bridge a joke...... from Nachos bar to park the bus in govwn road..... 45 minutes because of traffic lights.

Bus left on way home at 10:00pm.... back in Newmains at 10:30

M77 was tailed back miles as well before the game. Looked like a crash. 77 is a terrible road on our match days. Missed the start again.

I left Neilston at quarter to seven last night, but had to go pick my son up from Rouken glen first.
Passed under bridge of 77 and thought, fook be late tonight.
Got on to 77 and yes looked like a crash of some sort, one car already loaded onto a trailer , two others on hard shoulder, past Dumbreck cut off, and off at Plantation.
Was still in stadium 10 minutes from kick off.

The police cause the issues.

Let the traffic lights direct the traffic

at one point last night, they were waving cars up towards the M8 from the albion, ignoring the fact cars were turning left from the BP garage to go onto the M8, Waving the ones up through reds , When he fucked off it started working as it should!

Normally our bus leaves EK around 6.30 for a midweek game which normally gets us in half an hour before KO at the latest.

We were getting dropped off on edminston drive just as the teams were coming out. Got to my seat about 5 minutes in which wasn't so bad.

Driver was saying after the game that plenty of buses were still coming into the bus park around 15-20 mins into the game.

Back to EK around 1045 last night - which is usually the norm anyway

We were back in Dunoon for 10.45!!

Did leave 5 mins early to get last boat.

Did not get back to Alford until 01:45. Last time I park at Go Glasgow Urban hotel. We had to be at airport by 06:55 so not much sleep but felt better seeing the look on Stewart Milnes face after seeing him sitting next to us in the lounge.
Should try the Quay next time mate, it's not to bad getting away.

We were back in Portlethen (Aberdeenshire) by 00:35, We park at the Quay and its a 25 min walk along PRW so not to bad.

I park at the Quay too. Much better for getting away. But last night it took 50 mins to get from Tradeston junction to parking under the bridge.

In fairness, probably not helped by the landslip cancelling all trains from Edinburgh

Our supporters bus has been caught a few times after midweek games,we’re convinced the planner is a tim.
And I have yet to see anyone working on the stretch of road cones off, I remember one game last year they had both the M8 and M73/74 all down to a single lane and to add insult the two pickups that put the cones out were crawling along the closed lane with the tramps in them and on the back of them abusing us all sitting in the traffic, I would say your thought of the Planner being a Tim stretches further down the tree. I suppose it’s their Disneyland.

77 has been a lane short in each direction since they built it.
And the outside lane if fecked wae pot holes. Last night hit one just at the EK turn off thought I was going over the barrier, just 200yds after it 2 cars on hard shoulder with punctures, no doubt pot hole to blame

The game should have been delayed . Everyone knew trains were off and traffic was chaos.

Very poor from whomever decides these things. Many fans missed out last night.

It seems to be a thing peculiar to Scottish police to avoid at all costs delaying a ko. Happens in England all the time but never here. Fits with their agenda of treating us all like shite.

@Greg Marshall

I wasnt affected but after much fanfare about the match being sold out, those that were in place for teams coming out tunnel were astonished kick off wasnt delayed.

What is the protocol for such a decision and what was lacking from last night that it didnt happen

Apologies to those on the thread actually worried about traffic trying to leave post match which is another long standing issue

It was tje same in opposite dire tion too.

Coming in from the east of glasgow the m74 was tailed back all way past Baillieston.

And on the way home the m74 was down to 1 lane at tollcross. Didnt help everyone racing down outside to nip in at last min.

Absolute shambles.

2 hrs from Dumfries, 6 miles tail back.

80 minutes home. Beat the rush but stayed for 90 minutes, sorry 96mins:D

Last edited:
Just a wee add on.
Supporter next to me made his seat on 29 minutes.
Now, I have seen this supporter leave after 25 minutes, and this is at 3pm kick off Saturday afternoon.
He disappeared at half time but made it back for the beginning of the second half.
The supporter then up and left bang on 70 minutes.
Paid his money like the rest of us but by god, what is the point?

Is the traffic always that bad? I'm always on the subway but need to get to the airport for about 1745 the next couple of games. That possible by taxi from the WRC?

Why do they always put roadworks on the M74 when we are playing at home on a Wednesday?
Often wondered that, along with contra flows at the Clyde tunnel all on match days, f@cking muppet planners of just f@cking mentally challenged planners.

Waited an hour on PRW at the motorway bridge for a bus to Paisley, cops stopped the traffic going along PRW at one point to get the sheep buses back into the motorway.

I travel up from Helensburgh mate - it’s a total pain in the ass and got significantly worse with new lights towards the new hospital!!

If the council get their way we won’t be able to part anywhere near the stadium!!
The roadworks around the hospital are what made me start getting the train up..

The bus lane system around govan where the buses are on the leftmost lane except when they come to traffic lights where they switch to the right side lane is just bloody insane and whoever came up with that needs gunned down in the street, because an ambulance wont get them to the death star in busy traffic in time thats for sure.

2 hours from Livingston and I only made it to my seat 30 mins into the match, absolutely raging.

Morelos scored 2 mins later so that kinda made up for it

Last edited:
I got to the Tunnel by 10:30. From there it was easy.

Instead of having so many police at the Subway - it would take 6 to control traffic at a few strategic points. They could control the flow, prevent jams and tailbacks and clear the area in no time.

I left at 85 mins last night and never got in till 10:45 which should only normally take 20 mins. It’s a shambles getting away from the stadium now.

It genuinely stops me from going to games. Can’t face it. The last midweek game I did was Progres and didn’t get back to Yorkshire until 4am. Combination of the cops out the ground and M74 closures, I was still on the outskirts of Glasgow about 2 hours after the game had finished. It’s utterly mental.

Took us 45 minutes to get out of the Albion as soon as we got onto the M8 it was straight home with a motorway right on our doorstep how hard can it be to clear traffic

How bad was it again, 90 f@cking minutes to get to Dumbarton from Ibrox, 25 to get to Ibrox from Dumbarton ffs, who runs the traffic management away from the stadium, btw we were parked outside the police anti terror barriers.

Park over in Mosspark mate, 10 minute scenic walk from the stadium, being amongst other Rangers fans, not stuck in traffic at Ibrox and the area is full of good Rangers supporters.

I sat in the Albion for about 40 mins last night playing on my phone and waiting for traffic to die down. Quite enjoyed it. Heated seats helped

We came from Ayrshire picked my old man up in the mearns and parked up at dumbreck was at the ground for 6pm absolutely zero problems, stayed to the final whistle and walked back to the car was around 10pm and by the time we got home it was 10:30 no problems at all.

We came from Ayrshire picked my old man up in the mearns and parked up at dumbreck was at the ground for 6pm absolutely zero problems, stayed to the final whistle and walked back to the car was around 10pm and by the time we got home it was 10:30 no problems at all.

Dumbreck/Haggs Castle GC area is definitely the best area to park if you want a quick getaway south on the M77.

Always park at Crowne Plaza hotel. 15min walk then up onto express way and then motorway no issues at all if I'm heading east or west. Easily worth the ÂŁ5 parking.

A lot of this has phuck all to do with the match. Most midweek nights it's chaos on the M8 and 74. I'm afraid it's just the sheer volume of cars on the road. It's going to get worse.

After the game I sat drinking soft drinks in the District then at 11pm drove from there to Cardross, was home at 11.40, roads were almost empty.

Traffic was as busy I have seen it for a long time.

Parking is not helped by the clowns that park on Edminston Dr at KFC usually the same ones, leaving 3/4 car size at the front and back both sides of the road. I wonder how they get on in car parks with designated spaces defined by lines.

After the game I sat drinking soft drinks in the District then at 11pm drove from there to Cardross, was home at 11.40, roads were almost empty.
Geo,Our bus was back in the Vale about 10:45 ish,couple of pints and was home by 11:30,roads were ok once we got up out of Helen St and onto the M8.
Seems a long time to sit in The District before heading home

I always get the wife to drop me off in PRW then pick me up there after the game to avoid the traffic. The Hamilton game I had to take my own car, parked in a car park in Broamloan right across from the Stadium - Excellent I thought! Left the ground at 4:50, didn't get on the motorway until 5:40! F*ckin disgusting, never again will I take the car. From now it'll be buses, trains and subway if wife can't take me.

Most of this season I've been parking in the west end and then jumping on the subway from Hillhead. Subway is fine heading in. PITA on the way back out, but routinely home much earlier than I was otherwise.

M74 lane closures on the way home last night as well. Reduced from 3 to 1 around Carmyle. Not for the first time after a Rangers game as well I may add.
Said this as well while stuck in it. Almost as though it's planned around Rangers games.

Geo,Our bus was back in the Vale about 10:45 ish,couple of pints and was home by 11:30,roads were ok once we got up out of Helen St and onto the M8.
Seems a long time to sit in The District before heading home
Sitting with my mates who all live in Ibrox, I moved from there eight years ago.
Still bevvy in the district at weekends.

Back