Leckie

Its hard to find any sympathy for Patterson right now. The daft boy has left us with a right problem if Tav's injury is serious.
Agree with you for the most part,but for this @rsehole to get him again,after the week he’s had,is way over the top even for him.

Correct, so was i, and looking back my charge sheet from then shows that, but i still knew what i should and shouldn't be doing, he's 19, not 12.
So you admit most 19 year olds are dafties but still want to crucify the boy. He's paying a massive price already. I'm sure he's probably feeling the worst he's ever felt in his life right now especially when Tav went off last night. 19 year olds will do daft things it happens. I think you can forgive them after the appropriate level of punishment and use his immaturity as a mitigating factor.

Sorry but the 5 deserve all the criticism that heads their way

Imagine they didn’t get caught and turned up to training as normal and one of them had COVID.

Could have decimated our squad for both our Antwerp games and put us out, as well as the next couple of league games with a severely weakened side giving the mentally challengeds something to chase again

Idiots all 5 of them

I think they were all extremely foolish and deserve some ire - however a bit of journalistic balance wouldn't go amiss.

Why let it upset you, look at the wasted space that is leckie living a sad existence as a loser.

So you admit most 19 year olds are dafties but still want to crucify the boy. He's paying a massive price already. I'm sure he's probably feeling the worst he's ever felt in his life right now especially when Tav went off last night. 19 year olds will do daft things it happens. I think you can forgive them after the appropriate level of punishment and use his immaturity as a mitigating factor.
This thread is not about me criticising or crucifying anyone , its about the OP being unhappy that a journo has had a pop at a 19 year old guy. I am saying that at 19 you know the score and if you are a clown you can expect to be criticised for it and have to accept the consequences.

19 was mature enough to serve and die for your country in both world wars. His age doesn't excuse his selfishness and stupidity.
So because you can join the army it means you won't do anything daft? He's paying the price right now and will be punished when he returns. But those wanting him chucked out the club altogether for 1 mistake at 19 are taking it to a ridiculous extreme. The kid as far as anyone can tell hasn't caused the club any bother up until now. It's a bad mistake but to throw a 19 year old out for a mistake is beyond harsh imo.

Printed MSM are in final death throes and will write any $hit to get sales / hits... Ignoring them will hopefully speed their demise...

Lonely Loser Leckie should have been punted for his column re the Man Utd fanzine editor which bordered on racism

I hate that cuunt Leckie

He’s a fat gobshite

And? He's still a 19 tear old boy. 19 year old boys do stupid things without thinking of the consequences. That's what young people do.
Once you’re 18 you’re legally responsible for your actions. I don’t want him crucified but I don’t think we can just pass it off as “he’s just a daft wee lad”. That’s not a great excuse

Its hard to find any sympathy for Patterson right now. The daft boy has left us with a right problem if Tav's injury is serious.
If he wasn't gutted about what he's done before last night he will be 10 times worse now that Tav is likely out for rest of the season.

Once you’re 18 you’re legally responsible for your actions. I don’t want him crucified but I don’t think we can just pass it off as “he’s just a daft wee lad”. That’s not a great excuse
Not saying it is. But he's paying a price and will be punished when he returns. There are people wanting him to never play for us again.

So because you can join the army it means you won't do anything daft? He's paying the price right now and will be punished when he returns. But those wanting him chucked out the club altogether for 1 mistake at 19 are taking it to a ridiculous extreme. The kid as far as anyone can tell hasn't caused the club any bother up until now. It's a bad mistake but to throw a 19 year old out for a mistake is beyond harsh imo.
He's a professional footballer playing for his dream club. He's paid very well for his age and should be used to a routine of sacrifice. That's how he got to where he is today. He knew he was letting the club and the fans down when he decided to go out on this jaunt, so he must be willing to pay the price. Age doesn't come into it for me. He put our season at risk and there can be no forgiving that. And I say that as a big fan of the boy as a player

Reactions: 413
He's a professional footballer playing for his dream club. He's paid very well for his age and should be used to a routine of sacrifice. That's how he got to where he is today. He knew he was letting the club and the fans down when he decided to go out on this jaunt, so he must be willing to pay the price. Age doesn't come into it for me. He put our season at risk and there can be no forgiving that. And I say that as a big fan of the boy as a player
Well hopefully the management team aren't as harsh as you. If he was a serial troublemaker I could maybe understand the people saying he sould be finished at Ibrox. People young people especially make mistakes.

Not saying it is. But he's paying a price and will be punished when he returns. There are people wanting him to never play for us again.
You’re right. He will definitely know what he’s missed out on tonight, this was his chance to play in the knockout stages of the europa league.

You’re right. He will definitely know what he’s missed out on tonight, this was his chance to play in the knockout stages of the europa league.
The kid will be feeling like shit. Probably the lowest he'll have ever been. Still to go back in for a major ball booting from Gerrard. Missing out on game time etc etc. He seems like a good lad. Never heard of anything about him partying , drinking etc before. He deserves a 2nd chance imo.

He will be forgiven when he’s served his punishment, but right now, I’m a bit annoyed at the “lad”.

I think it’s ok for us Rangers fans to be a bit irritated by his actions.

You’ve got to look at the circumstances around what has happened here, it’s not just getting caught up to his nuts in guts at 3am before a big game on a regular Sunday, we are living in a pandemic.

Can’t go and see our family and still paying good money to allow them to keep playing the game, and then they still have to take an inch - it’s very understandable people will have a strong opinion.

Also, it applies to all the players involved, not just Patterson. Unfortunately for him it’s magnified due to Tavs injury.

He will be forgiven when he’s served his punishment, but right now, I’m a bit annoyed at the “lad”.

I think it’s ok for us Rangers fans to be a bit irritated by his actions.

You’ve got to look at the circumstances around what has happened here, it’s not just getting caught up to his nuts in guts at 3am before the cup final, we are living in a pandemic.

Can’t go and see our family, paying good money to allow them to keep playing the game, and then they still have to take an inch - it’s very understandable people will have a strong opinion.
Yes can see that. But he's not the only person at that age that has done it. I see plenty of groups of kids of a similar age hanging about etc.

Back