Leckie

Grown men on here slaughtering a 19 year old. Yuk. I'm sure you are all sitting there on a squeaky clean past. And don't give me 'he plays for Rangers', that doesn't make him not human. I'm sure there is no one giving him a harder time than he is giving himself right now. Grown adults ought back the %^*& off the boy and get off their high horse.
I think some don't remember being 19. Or must have been the kind of boring 19 year old I would've avoided.

He’s all the man he will ever be at 19 and has made a costly mistake . However Leckie is a sewer rat who uses online dating sites , nobody takes him remotely seriously .

To be honest there was far worse said about Patterson on here than what Leckie said.

Patterson unfortunately has to take the criticism coming his way. Unlike others I don’t think this is the end for him, as long as he shows the correct attitude and is willing to get his head down and work hard then he will be forgiven.

Anyone having a go at Leckie for this, should be looking internally (at our own supporters) first imo.

Some of the comments directed at Patterson, from our own, have been disgraceful. Just to be clear, he and he others are not above criticism here and absolutely deserve to be punished. That said, you'd think some people had never done anything wrong in their lives and/or made mistakes at 19 years old, with the venom directed at him.

Grown men on here slaughtering a 19 year old. Yuk. I'm sure you are all sitting there on a squeaky clean past. And don't give me 'he plays for Rangers', that doesn't make him not human. I'm sure there is no one giving him a harder time than he is giving himself right now. Grown adults ought back the %^*& off the boy and get off their high horse.
i don't see many grown men on this thread slaughtering anyone, i see people saying 19 is old enough to know what you should and shouldn't do and is old enough to face the consequences of your actions, even if that is a clown like Leckie writing about you. Did the police turn up and say "oh well, he's only 19, we better let the boy run along" ? He was wrong, they were wrong, they are football players, journos write about them, he knows this shit happens. Age really has nothing to do with this one in my opinion.

I made my old dears life a misery at that age, especially getting into trouble at the football.

Regret it all now, but we all think we know better at that age and auld yins are out to kill our fun.

That's the mindset when your young. Doesnt matter wether your at Rangers or working at tesco, and it's even worse with lads.

Once Patersons isolation period has come to an end, do you think Gerrard would consider starting him. I am just thinking about all the times that Morelos has let us down, granted the covid thing is a lot different.
Or does Gerrard have to make an example of him even if it costs the team of his skills?

At 19 you think you're immortal, the amount of stupid things you end up doing is why we see so many daft young lads and lassies losing out on the gamble of life.

I'm a big believer in second chances and I'm not going to pretend I'm holier than thou compared to Patterson, Bassey, Zungu, Dapo or Kinnear. I've been an idiot and broken the rules to see family and to make sure my mum's alright.

It was against the rules but I can't see how what these guys did is worse than what Celtic got up to in Dubai and riskier than Shane Duffy flying home on scheduled flights.

I know Patterson made an @rse of himself but for Leckie no have a go at a 19 year old in a National rag is shameful even by his standards.

Said it before biII Ieckie was in the middle of his own personal insolvency event at the type that Rangers we’re getting kicked from pillar to post for falling foul of a pair of con men.

And chose to pile them on.

His views - especially on football - aren’t worth a fućk

Nice Converse though.

19 was mature enough to serve and die for your country in both world wars. His age doesn't excuse his selfishness and stupidity.

They weren't mature enough. I can't really express how grateful I am for what they gave up, but in a perfect world a lot of those boys should have been sneaking to parties with their mates as well.

I think Patterson et al. are idiots, but I hardly think it's fair to compare them to the greatest loss of young human life in the last century.

All 5 are feckin idiots, last night could have been huge for Patterson but it may be the biggest punishment for him seeing Tav going off and knowing he would have played.

Patterson seems to have turned into Trent A-A by sitting on the bench.

Should imagine we will sign a youngish RB from the Championship on a free in the summer and move on.

Leckie gets paid to write sensationalist drivel, to promote a tabloid rag. But, if this thread refers to the article I think it does, what's he's said about Patterson is no worse than quite a lot of Gers fans have said about him.

Yes can see that. But he's not the only person at that age that has done it. I see plenty of groups of kids of a similar age hanging about etc.
None of them have to go work with multi-million pound assets during a title winning season, so I would say it's a bit naive to bracket Patterson in with them.

It's so Leckie.

Thinking it is a "hot take" to point out our right back would have a chance now. And to join a sad pile on against a teenager.

It is so cowardly. So tired. So boring. It is so, so Bill Leckie.

As Bill Leckie as taking a walk in the rain wearing converse, jeans and a shirt in fact.

19 was mature enough to serve and die for your country in both world wars. His age doesn't excuse his selfishness and stupidity.
Like you I have no sympathy for Patterson. If Tavernier is out for the medium to long term then he’s left us potentially in a lot of bother with some huge games coming up.

None of them have to go work with multi-million pound assets during a title winning season, so I would say it's a bit naive to bracket Patterson in with them.
He's a similar age and maturity level. You do things without thinking of the consequences at that age. If you're a footballer or on the dole.

Being a Rangers player is a privilege.

Does not matter if you are 19 or 39, there are standards and expectations on a Ranger. As a childhood supporter, Patterson should be well aware of this.

i don't see many grown men on this thread slaughtering anyone, i see people saying 19 is old enough to know what you should and shouldn't do and is old enough to face the consequences of your actions, even if that is a clown like Leckie writing about you. Did the police turn up and say "oh well, he's only 19, we better let the boy run along" ? He was wrong, they were wrong, they are football players, journos write about them, he knows this shit happens. Age really has nothing to do with this one in my opinion.
Yet, you posted about your charge sheet at that age, as I can do so myself.

Even the best educated people at that age are arseholes. Look no further than universities, where they begin life as paid up members of the communist party, then come back to the real world a few years later. That's apart from the intellectuals, who are just weirdos.

I know a good few guys who looked like they were going to end up in a life of crime, but plenty often turned out doing well for themselves.

Its hard to find any sympathy for Patterson right now. The daft boy has left us with a right problem if Tav's injury is serious.
Opportunity gone through stupidity, needs to get his priorities sorted
sharpish . Signed a new deal recently? Hopefully he will get the opportunity too redeem himself.

Mate my old boy threatened to batter me and my brother and at times did. Did it stop us doing drugs getting pished getting lifted and having the police at the door? No it didn't.
My old man went nuts with me, when I got nicked at the football. Not so much about me, but because my mother was upset and it ruined his Saturday night.

The amount of times I got told that Rangers won't pay my f**ken fines.

The 5 of them screwed up badly.
They know they did and have to live and learn from it.

They play for a great team and have to expect criticism , its part of the role.

However personal abuse is not on. Even when we are angry with people being abusive is evey bit as bad as their actions

He is no worse than plenty of our own last night piling in on a 19year old boy who has made a monumental error of judgment. The kid was trending on Twitter due to the plié on and some of the vitriol was a disgrace. He has been a moron and he has fucked up but people need to have a wee think before they dive in.

I think the boy is getting a bit more focus because he was seen by the manager as the heir apparent to Tav and in real terms the main cover at right back. Tav getting injured has further crystallised just how foolish his behaviour was.

Further any switched on young Scottish lad knows just how triggered your average filth fan is when it comes to Rangers. Even if they thought a private gathering of a few players and girlfriends in the same bubble (as alleged) was reasonably innocuous they must have known that filth eyes and ears would know a) who lived in the property and b) what individual Rangers players look like....After all they are dangerously obsessed.

They should not have broken the lockdown rules, but to think they’d get away with it in Glasgow given the sentiment toward our club is just plain idiocy!!

He is no worse than plenty of our own last night piling in on a 19year old boy who has made a monumental error of judgment. The kid was trending on Twitter due to the plié on and some of the vitriol was a disgrace. He has been a moron and he has fucked up but people need to have a wee think before they dive in.
Agreed mate,but cretin couldn’t wait to stick the boot in.

They are 19 year old kids who have not had a life for a full year, a full year at 19 of being under house arrest. No danger I would have put up with that at 19. Anybody saying they would have sat in the house alone for a full year at 19 is talking through their arse. They had a Chinese together with people they see everyday at work, they didn't torture animals or sacrifice children. They made a mistake and there'll be a price to pay but a bit of perspective would go along way here.

This thread is not about me criticising or crucifying anyone , its about the OP being unhappy that a journo has had a pop at a 19 year old guy. I am saying that at 19 you know the score and if you are a clown you can expect to be criticised for it and have to accept the consequences.
I remember what I was like at 19 years old,not a lot of sense and I knew better than my parents.

The clown that is Leckie will be sitting knocking one out as he reads what arguments he has caused on this thread. The prick is not so much a journalist but a troll.

Leckie you say?

Patterson can thank his lucky stars he is not a funny foreigner or black. Lonely Bill would have really went to town.

A fat washed up prick, best ignored.

Cannot come to terms with the continuing blood lust.
How many times does this need repeating, how long must this go on for?
Why? It cannot change the past? What does the club profit from it? Who's benefitting from it?

He's been hammered over and over, no one needs further gnashing of teeth, time to stop.

He didn’t rape or murder anyone. He deserves condemnation and punishment but not an end to his Rangers career. At 19 he deserves a second chance. Leaving moral indignation aside, if you’re good enough, you tend to be forgiven easier. Not saying it’s right, just the reality of things. Rangers shouldn’t be pissing away a real potential talent just to claim the moral high ground and appease those who hate us anyway.
By all means the book should be thrown at him in the same way they did to those in Dubai.

Back