Lee Wallace

DivRFC

While tensions are high I would like to try and diffuse the situation. Lee Wallace, while not being overly successful at the club due to our demotion, is a player that deserves the upmost of our respect. He embodies the core Rangers support in the fact that he simply did not walk away, and for that while as I say not being overly successful, he is a legend in my eyes. The rumour right now is that he is part of a group of players that undermine the manager and some who run to the media. I do not belive this as he has a class about him and is a great ambassador for the club and I could not see him running to the Sun or the Rhecord. I could maybe see him undermining the manager but can you blame him? He clearly loves Rangers and is now definitely one of us, and can only want the best for the club, and I can tell you that Pedro Caixinha wasn’t, and Graeme Murty isn’t the best for Rangers. There is no proof what so ever in these rumours which, if started by some of our own, is disgusting. I’m backing Lee Wallace over Graeme Murty every day of the week.

While tensions are high I would like to try and diffuse the situation. Lee Wallace, while not being overly successful at the club due to our demotion, is a player that deserves the upmost of our respect. He embodies the core Rangers support in the fact that he simply did not walk away, and for that while as I say not being overly successful, he is a legend in my eyes. The rumour right now is that he is part of a group of players that undermine the manager and some who run to the media. I do not belive this as he has a class about him and is a great ambassador for the club and I could not see him running to the Sun or the Rhecord. I could maybe see him undermining the manager but can you blame him? He clearly loves Rangers and is now definitely one of us, and can only want the best for the club, and I can tell you that Pedro Caixinha wasn’t, and Graeme Murty isn’t the best for Rangers. There is no proof what so ever in these rumours which, if started by some of our own, is disgusting. I’m backing Lee Wallace over Graeme Murty every day of the week.

Me too!

Off the top of my head only really had one decent season and that was the Championship winning year.

You're backing a guy solely as you feel he is a legend by the looks of it, despite knowing no facts?

He's a lad who has benefited greatly from us going to L2. He was shite our last season in the SPL and was a favourite to get pelters in the match threads

As the captain, there's a time and a place for discussions with the manager. I'd suggest the dressing room at times up isn't the place, especially if you've not contributed anything for months

Fair play bro I respect that, why though? Mainly asking about Wallace, couldn’t care about Miller or Murty.
I dont know whats happened but i am just sick of this entire squad mate, yes Wallace stuck around but even if he didnt it wouldnt have made any difference.

Just sick of everyone the now, players downing tools in an old firm is unforgiveable for me and i doubt i would even cheer if we score on Sunday bevause the players and staff etc dont deserve it.

Not being rude here mate, but if you’re gonna say something like that then back it up.

Never been that great a performer on the park - a daft addition when we didn't need a LB that created a bizzare side with he and Papac playing - awful in Europe the first season and played as big part as anyone in our exit.

Since then he's been over paid for a pretty cushty number without ever actually shifting the needle in terms of how our season played out - oft injured and quite an average player.

Never been on board with the idea of him..

If Wallace and Miller too have in any way contributed to the undermining of our manager regardless of who it is, which lead to us going from a possible 3 points behind them to totally crashing then I would find it difficult to defend those who have been so distructive to our club. At the moment we know very little, so we will see what happens. I am of the opinion that Murty should be the first to go also!

The fact that approaching the peak of his career, Wallace took a three division drop is more damning than praiseworthy. The rest left as they had futures to think of and at the height of their careers they weren't going to spend the time playing against firemen, policemen and goat herders. So what made Wallace decide this was the best development for his career?

He gave us his career and this is how we repay him , utter shambles.
Went from representing Rangers in the Champions League (albeit qualifiers, but point still stands), to the Ramsden Cup. Wallace I believe was a Hibs fan growing up (not supporter) and yet he stayed while our own turned their back against us, Naismith and Davis to name two.

Never good enough to play for Rangers and the fact he was made captain says it all about where we are as a team/club.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to today's news - I have never rated Wallace the left back. Defensively a bombscare, going all the way back to his Hearts days.

Good riddance, hopefully. Another failure off our wage bill.

The fact that approaching the peak of his career, Wallace took a three division drop is more damning than praiseworthy. The rest left as they had futures to think of and at the height of their careers they weren't going to spend the time playing against firemen, policemen and goat herders. So what made Wallace decide this was the best development for his career?
I don’t believe he was thinking of that at all, he clearly liked staying where he stayed and playing for Rangers. He maybe even felt he identified with the club somehow, I don’t know.

Maybe he stayed with us because he was getting paid a salary he knew fine well he would not get else where because, his level of football is Hearts at most and they could not pay the salary we were paying him.

Sorry but I don't buy this he stayed with us for the fight BS, he stayed with us for the money.

You and me both, the atmosphere will be far from good on Sunday that’s for sure. Union Bears hopefully make a display and the club takes note.

Wallace is not as bad a footballer as some on here would have you believe.

He also played through an injury for months.

People forget how dangerous our left side was under Warburton.

He earned good money but he stayed, and I’m grateful.

I don’t think his time at the club should end in such an inigmaneous way.

Our club captain and our most experienced player should have the right to tell Murty straight about the major feckup on Sunday.
Doing it in the changing rooms is also perfectly acceptable.
Murty lost the right to have this discussion behind closed doors when the sheer magnitude of it was known.
I’d sooner back Wallace and Miller to take us for the last 5 league games.
Get Murty out now, he is bringing division and stress to the whole squad.
If anyone was upset with that incident on Sunday then they are not living in the real world.
Should our most experienced players just accept this or should they stand up?
I say Murty was lucky that the players didn’t stand up and physically hit the manager.
Football is an emotional game, played by emotional players who are very engaged in Rangers winning.
I’d think less of Wallace and Miller had they just accepted things after Sunday

Players possibly knew Murty wasn't going to be manager next season after the poet result at Ibrox.

Looks like Miller and Wallace know they won't be here next season and are showing no class in the way they are leaving.

New manager could be a done deal if this is the way kenny and lee are acting maybe they know he doesn't fancy them.

We need to raise significant funds, mostly through shares, around £25m on top of what we're bringing in now to compete for the title next season and it will be a one off if we're not successful.

Then get the players we want for the coming season.

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing-basics/how-the-stock-market-works/rights-issues-and-open-offers/

Wallace and Miller have been involved in both 5-1 pumpings off them dont forget, Wallace in the 1st and Miller in the 2nd.

Last edited:
Our club captain and our most experienced player should have the right to tell Murty straight about the major feckup on Sunday.
Doing it in the changing rooms is also perfectly acceptable.
Murty lost the right to have this discussion behind closed doors when the sheer magnitude of it was known.
I’d sooner back Wallace and Miller to take us for the last 5 league games.
Get Murty out now, he is bringing division and stress to the whole squad.
If anyone was upset with that incident on Sunday then they are not living in the real world.
Should our most experienced players just accept this or should they stand up?
I say Murty was lucky that the players didn’t stand up and physically hit the manager.
Football is an emotional game, played by emotional players who are very engaged in Rangers winning.
I’d think less of Wallace and Miller had they just accepted things after Sunday
Well put mate. Murty is a shitebag and this was shown in his post match interview when he was asked if he will talk to the players or something along those lines and he replied, “no, it’s too raw at the moment”. If he’s not going to do his job then I have no issue with Lee and Kenny stepping up and doing it for him.

I think Wallace will survive this. He’ll be replaced as captain in the summer and then be given the remainder of his contract to redeem himself.

And incidentally, that’s not me backing Wallace. Him and Miller should be aghast at the example they’ve been setting.

I would back Wallace over our clueless temp manager any day. Why shouldn’t he question Murty? but maybe he should do it in an acceptable manner, possibly said what most of felt after being humped again from an average side.

Last edited:
Wallace and Miller have been involved in x2 5-1 pumpings off them dont forget
In all honesty mate I believe that even if we recruited better in that summer the season would have just panned out the same. They had a lot of momentum behind them throughout the full season and they had that whole 50th anniversary thing going on spurring them further forward, pretty poor to use that as an excuse. There’s been much better players than Wallace or Miller that have been part of a team skelped in derbies.

I don’t care how bad Murty is you never undermine the manager. It speaks more about the players character than the managers. If you have no chain of command you have chaos and that’s not what we need right now.

The manager has bosses who should be dealing with him.

The powers that be need to sort this out quickly.

Hard to really say anything without the facts but how long will Wallace be let away with anything because he stuck with us?

For it the same as the board getting rid of the Spivs.
I’m greatful and it will never be forgotten but what has Wallace do lately?
Nothing and if he’s undermining the manager then deserves to be suspended

In all honesty mate I believe that even if we recruited better in that summer the season would have just panned out the same. They had a lot of momentum behind them throughout the full season and they had that whole 50th anniversary thing going on spurring them further forward, pretty poor to use that as an excuse. There’s been much better players than Wallace or Miller that have been part of a team skelped in derbies.
I know that, like i said i am fed up with everyone and i dont know the facts so im not getting annoyed either way because i dont care if they all go.

I don’t care how bad Murty is you never undermine the manager. It speaks more about the players character than the managers. If you have no chain of command you have chaos and that’s not what we need right now.

The manager has bosses who should be dealing with him.

The powers that be need to sort this out quickly.
Okay then so say you, a Rangers supporter, are playing for Rangers and you’ve just been beat 4-0 off them. Do you just sit back and do %^*& all while the manager does the same? If you deeply care about the club and are smart enough to know that it isn’t acceptable then you wouldn’t, you would speak your mind.

Shame for players careers to potentially end with the club like this, but truth is, I'm sick of them all now. Sick of the egos, the poor standards, the fact we have another rat leaking stories to the press, the lack of a real manager and the piss poor performances on the park.

Lee Wallace has made more money playing for Rangers than he would have anywhere else and is a seriously limited football player.

He didn’t want to leave Scotland and was happy to take the money so forgive me for all this he stayed with us through the bad times rubbish.

I get Wallace was loyal to Rangers but lets be honest he has never re-paid the club with performances and leadership. He has been well rewarded for an easy ride. 6 years + he has been here and had 1 good season in the 2nd tier. Aye thanks Lee. Hardly kicked a ball in 2 years for us as well.

Stick on to go back to Hearts and start playing the best football of his career. Reminds me of when we released Darren McGregor and the next day signs for Hibs and is now a stalwart in the defence of a team that we are competing with for 2nd place.

Let's not turn Wallace into any kind of victim here ffs, yes he stayed when we went down the leagues, but I bet that would have been helped with his rather large weekly wage, also IF the rumors are true regarding him pulling out of match squads despite being fit then hopefully the door doesn't hit his arse on the way out the door.
In terms of ability, I have always thought lee was a decent enough player no more, no less.
Much of his weaker abilities have been masked over much of his time with us which has always annoyed the hell out of me, especially at times when Tav was getting slaughtered by our own fans and lee was getting a bit of a free ride despite being just as culpable for some very poor decisions and results.
I remember when Warburton was appointed, I posted a thread on the old board saying that I hoped he would appoint a new captain as I thought Wallace's ability to be a leader was very questionable and I was absolutely slated by plenty highly thought of posters on the board.
Strange now how every man and his dog now seems to think along the same lines in terms of Wallace's time as captain.

Pathetic.

I mean why would the guy no ask to go down to £500 a week while he played down there. Some fans really don't live in the real world.

If you accept the wage you accept the culpability.

Wallace has played games he has lost against teams who will have earned less than him.

His CV of results is the worst of any player in our history.

As captain he should be within his rights to approach the manager etc however none of us know what was said or how it was said - it is pure speculation.

If he overstepped the mark then quite rightly he is suspended.

Bigger picture is our club is going downhill fast.

Okay then so say you, a Rangers supporter, are playing for Rangers and you’ve just been beat 4-0 off them. Do you just sit back and do %^*& all while the manager does the same? If you deeply care about the club and are smart enough to know that it isn’t acceptable then you wouldn’t, you would speak your mind.

Speaking your mind and undermining are two different things.

If I was an incoming manager these two would out on their arse regardless of the details and facts.

The perception to me is that they wield too much influence in the dressing room. Either way it won’t end well for them.

It also doesn’t mean Murty will be here next season. It’s obivious he’s done and does not have the fortitude to handle the magnitude of the position.

Back