Lee Wallace

It's amazing how people can pick and choose sides based on pure speculation and rumour and then get in to arguments about it.

I support Rangers not the players and/or management and in all honesty i don't care who gets punted after that farce on Sunday but as long as they are proven to be in the wrong.

Until we know more about it then I'm unwilling to slate Wallace and Miller. If they had a go at the shambles of Sunday, quite rightly so in my opinion. Strong characters are needed at our club, both played under Walter when there were numerous 'captains' in the team and I can imagine these sorts of arguments happened after a loss to our biggest rivals. If they overstepped it then they are rightly being punished, but I hope in doing so the board are not stripping the dressing room of passion and commitment to the jersey

I think it’s gonna end in a few weeks with an apology and hand shakes
Miller away at end of the season
Wallace following him probably to hearts
Murty away back to obscurity
Maybe he can take in the great atmosphere at the paedodome that he loves

Not sure what your point is here?

You are making reference to fans not living in the real world by making reference to the wages Wallace was paid.

Lee Wallace hasn't lived in the real world with the wage he has been paid.

He has been paid lottery money for playing in the arse end of Scottish football - should he have asked for less - no...are fans right to be fucked off by what he has earned - yes.

It's a fucken shambles the ammount of money he has taken out the club.

The guy you quoted was bang on this loyal servant trash re Wallace is a pile of nonsense.

And that’s worse than a forum full of people claiming he’s the press leak, no it’s kenny, no it’s Wallace ? Despite knowing nothing and having no evidence.

%^*& the facts.....I like (insert name) so that's who I am backing based on.......well.......erm........!

Wallace is abysmal he has played in the lower leagues and at times was woeful.
He was never rangers class bought when we was downsizing as a punt.
A player who knows he has limited ability hence why he stayed on with a dam good wage he would not have received anywhere else.

%^*& the facts.....I like (insert name) so that's who I am backing based on.......well.......erm........!

That’s a forum for you ;)
Just purely because of how disgusted I am by Sunday and other performances & the fact I like Kenny & Lee I’m backing them against Murty

Getting 10k a week playing in league 2. Aye hero that he is

He could have got double that and a nice hefty signing on fee to boot as well if he went down south. There were plenty of lower tier epl teams and championships teams keeping tabs on him since his Hearts days.

I'll back Wallace and Miller over Murty everyday of the week.
Why? We have a Captain that if the post is to believed is faking injury and has been for a while and as for Miller, he not very good anymore, apparently leaking to the media and appears to think he is better than the managers.

Murty has had a nightmare, no doubt about it but the players have done nothing, absolutely nothing to help the situation.

He could have got double that and a nice hefty signing on fee to boot as well if he went down south. There were plenty of lower tier epl teams and championships teams keeping tabs on him since his Hearts days.
I don't recall the offers flooding in for him.

He stayed with us because he had nothing else that would offer him the same money.

I don’t care how bad Murty is you never undermine the manager. It speaks more about the players character than the managers. If you have no chain of command you have chaos and that’s not what we need right now.

The manager has bosses who should be dealing with him.

The powers that be need to sort this out quickly.
I think if the manager makes a terrible series of decisions then he must be told.
Murty shouldn’t operate in isolation.
He should be tapping into the energy and talent around him.
I don’t claim to know Wallace but I’ve been in his company more than once and he talks about football and Rangers all the time and with what sounds like a great insight as far as I can tell.
He will be a manager one day make no mistake.
He is a clear leader of men both on and off the park.

As captain he should be within his rights to approach the manager etc however none of us know what was said or how it was said - it is pure speculation.

If he overstepped the mark then quite rightly he is suspended.

Bigger picture is our club is going downhill fast.
What is overstepping the mark though ? Surely if you haven’t laid hands on anyone then you haven’t really overstepped the mark ?

Why? We have a Captain that if the post is to believed is faking injury and has been for a while and as for Miller, he not very good anymore, apparently leaking to the media and appears to think he is better than the managers.

Murty has had a nightmare, no doubt about it but the players have done nothing, absolutely nothing to help the situation.
I don't belive for a minute he faked an injury.
Now Alves against the scum....every time!

I think if the manager makes a terrible series of decisions then he must be told.
Murty shouldn’t operate in isolation.
He should be tapping into the energy and talent around him.
I don’t claim to know Wallace but I’ve been in his company more than once and he talks about football and Rangers all the time and with what sounds like a great insight as far as I can tell.
He will be a manager one day make no mistake.
He is a clear leader of men both on and off the park.

Imagine you are a managerial candidate

You’re not thinking oh well played Wallace you’re a pure Rangers man and would never do that to me.

You’re thinking will the board back the manager or the player regardless of the players experience or passion.

Regardless of the players intention / feelings it just doesn’t work that way.

It’s the Boards job to let Murty have both barrels not the players.

I find it difficult to be overly critical of Wallace. He's been criticised earlier in the thread for staying in 2012...I mean ffs!

Never been the greatest footballer but he deserves to be cut a bit more slack imho.

Quite why Graeme Murty still has his job today is a mystery to me. A Charlatan.

LW has had his time.

He stuck by us for sure (did he have other options?), but he wasn't doing it for free. Nor should he have been.

There is no room for sentiment at Rangers right now.

He's a journeyman player and IMO not captain material.

In interviews, I disliked all the pish he used to spout about the training facilities and using them as opportunity to better yourself as a player. It doesn't wash with me.

If you're a player in your mid 20's and your still shit, you'll always be shit.

Shite player. Ffs the guy could have left and doubled his 10k per week in the English division 1. The guy isn’t the best left back I have seen in my life but when the shit hit the fan he stayed. He let an international career go and remained loyal. If he blasted Murty on Sunday he only did what thousands of us wanted to do. The whole Miller Wallace thing smacks of players who are probably at the end of their Rangers career being hunted off the wage bill. I have never accepted Miller since he played for the rotten mob but loyalty is the key stone of our club and this should have been dealt with in a much more professional way. We look like a laughing stock.

I don't recall the offers flooding in for him.

He stayed with us because he had nothing else that would offer him the same money.

At the time he was a somewhat young promosing internationally capped Rangers player that was subject of interest from teams like Wolves and Cardiff when he was at Hears. £20k p/w for that calibre of player for clubs like Wolves etc. is peanuts and definetly worth a gamble when no transfer fee is involved. It's ridiculous to even consider that he couldn't have made more money elsewhere.

I find it difficult to be overly critical of Wallace. He's been criticised earlier in the thread for staying in 2012...I mean ffs!

Never been the greatest footballer but he deserves to be cut a bit more slack imho.

Quite why Graeme Murty still has his job today is a mystery to me. A Charlatan.
This criticism of him staying in 2012 really does my nut in. Guys like him and Jig got criticism from some for staying and earning the money they did, yet the ones who left got pelters for not being loyal!! People can’t have it both ways.

Last edited:
Murty is useless,so if 2 senior players take issue with him then who can blame them.
I wouldn't imagine John Brown or Ian Ferguson saying nothing after Sunday.
When they finished with Murty they should them have went for the board members who have caused this shambles in the first place.

How can so many grown men (assuming most on here are grown men) just decide who's side they are on without knowing what actually happened?

Murty is not the man for the job & he made a complete @rse of it on Sunday. But you can bet that if Miller & Wallace had played on Sunday & the result had been the same then the same people would have been saying sack the lot of them. As usual, its a case of you become better / more important when you are out of the team. & this is coming from someone who may have started Miller on Sunday as I think we missed him when they went down to 10 men when they beat us 3-2 at Ibrox last month.

Based purely on performances on the pitch I am pretty much back to the way I felt after Motherwell beat us in the play-offs - a big shake-up needed in the summer - change of manager (obviously) & just about every player can leave if they want. Build a team around McCrorie (as a holding midfielder), Jack, Dorrans, Murphy, Morelos & Tav, although I would accept any decent offers for the latter 2.

Last edited:
If Wallace and Miller too have in any way contributed to the undermining of our manager regardless of who it is, which lead to us going from a possible 3 points behind them to totally crashing then I would find it difficult to defend those who have been so distructive to our club. At the moment we know very little, so we will see what happens. I am of the opinion that Murty should be the first to go also!

You saying that there was trouble 6 weeks ago?
As far as I understand this is all to do with events on Sunday.

You saying that there was trouble 6 weeks ago?
As far as I understand this is all to do with events on Sunday.
No. There is a lot of speculation, so can’t say for certain. But this outcome seems extreme for a dressing room bust up on Sunday only, there must be more to it.

No. There is a lot of speculation, so can’t say for certain. But this outcome seems extreme for a dressing room bust up on Sunday only, there must be more to it.

It seems quite straightforward to me.
They weren’t happy about the timing of the Halliday substitution or Murty’s tactics, which seemed non existent to me. By all accounts it was a “ lively” place after the game.
Pray tell, what speculation?

He turned down more money to stay with us

I don’t believe that personally.

If you know it to be hard fact then fair enough, it lends slightly more weight to the point.

However, the guy was reportedly paid 5 figure sums per week to play against part time players who worked normal jobs. I don’t see how ‘he gave us his career’. We paid him handsomely for his services.

And, like I said, I am a fan. But his position of extreme privilege shouldn’t be underestimated. He’s not of the same ability as a Davis or even Naismith who left to play at the top level for fortunes and for the sake of blooming international careers.

I don’t believe that personally.

If you know it to be hard fact then fair enough, it lends slightly more weight to the point.

However, the guy was reportedly paid 5 figure sums per week to play against part time players who worked normal jobs. I don’t see how ‘he gave us his career’. We paid him handsomely for his services.

And, like I said, I am a fan. But his position of extreme privilege shouldn’t be underestimated. He’s not of the same ability as a Davis or even Naismith who left to play at the top level for fortunes and for the sake of blooming international careers.
He kept on the same wage as he was on when playing in the spl , all that transferred over did mate.

Wallace has been somewhat beyond reproach due to his commitment to 'the journey'.

I don't think he is very good - or reliable - and would be happy to see him move on. But not under these circumstances.

He kept on the same wage as he was on when playing in the spl , all that transferred over did mate.

Yeah my point also applies to guys like McCulloch who were on big money. They weren’t martyrs (I know you’re not claiming they are/were), they were very highly paid players, most of whom had no better or more lucrative option so stayed to play v part timers at a lower level than they were accustomed.

Slightly playing Devil’s advocate, I know. I just find it hard to hold these guys up as people who made a great sacrifice by staying put. Especially when the likes of McCoist are berated for taking big money at that level (albeit those criticisms are probably a thread of their own).

Anyway, we are where we are and I want to see Wallace come through this and play again for our club. He’s been a good servant in terms of time served and, for all his failings or criticisms, I believe he has always given 100%.

Miller I sadly feel is just growing old disgracefully and refusing to accept that the music has to stop at some point. That will likely turn a lot of Gers fans against him (let’s not forget he’s been here before) who would likely have backed him to coach our next generation.

He gave us his career and this is how we repay him , utter shambles.
The fans berating him for sticking around and collecting his wages will be he same fans who call Naismith and Whittaker Judas for walking away.

I don’t know what was said to Murty and if it’s personal then he deserves to be suspended but, if he’s questioned Murty’s decisions, management style, tactics etc then it shows more leadership than the manager has shown. Murty needs someone to tell him he’s completely out his depth because they board certainly aren’t.

Lee Wallace isn't a great player, but he is a country mile better at being a Rangers player than Pedro or Murty are at being a Rangers manager.

This whole episode just depresses me.

Yeah my point also applies to guys like McCulloch who were on big money. They weren’t martyrs (I know you’re not claiming they are/were), they were very highly paid players, most of whom had no better or more lucrative option so stayed to play v part timers at a lower level than they were accustomed.

Slightly playing Devil’s advocate, I know. I just find it hard to hold these guys up as people who made a great sacrifice by staying put. Especially when the likes of McCoist are berated for taking big money at that level (albeit those criticisms are probably a thread of their own).

Anyway, we are where we are and I want to see Wallace come through this and play again for our club. He’s been a good servant in terms of time served and, for all his failings or criticisms, I believe he has always given 100%.

Miller I sadly feel is just growing old disgracefully and refusing to accept that the music has to stop at some point. That will likely turn a lot of Gers fans against him (let’s not forget he’s been here before) who would likely have backed him to coach our next generation.
Was told that none of them will play for ramgers again but need to wait and see mate

Why as Captain, did he not approach the management team, regarding how the team was being set up. He had been at training, team meetings in the lead up to the game.
Why not tell them the players are uncomfortable with the tactics.
It's easy to shout about it after the event, as senior players they knew that.

I'm not backing Murty but the dressing room after that performance was not the time or place.

Why as Captain, did he not approach the management team, regarding how the team was being set up. He had been at training, team meetings in the lead up to the game.
Why not tell them the players are uncomfortable with the tactics.
It's easy to shout about it after the event, as senior players they knew that.

I'm not backing Murty but the dressing room after that performance was not the time or place.

We don't know what Wallace has or hasn't said at any point, who's to say he hasn't discussed it with Murty before?

Was told that none of them will play for ramgers again but need to wait and see mate

Be interesting to hear what was actually said.

Must have been pretty severe to have come to this.

Miller probably buzzing it’s a story for a book which will no doubt be in the pipeline as his career comes to a close.

But I do hope Waldo can get back to normal under a new manager.

Yeah what a trooper, gets £15 k a week to play against plumbers and postmen for 4 years then disappears when we get up to the proper league.
Well done Lee, great effort son.

We don't know what Wallace has or hasn't said at any point, who's to say he hasn't discussed it with Murty before?
If he had discussed it prior to the game he would not have needed to say anything after it, the result would have proved him right.

While tensions are high I would like to try and diffuse the situation. Lee Wallace, while not being overly successful at the club due to our demotion, is a player that deserves the upmost of our respect. He embodies the core Rangers support in the fact that he simply did not walk away, and for that while as I say not being overly successful, he is a legend in my eyes. The rumour right now is that he is part of a group of players that undermine the manager and some who run to the media. I do not belive this as he has a class about him and is a great ambassador for the club and I could not see him running to the Sun or the Rhecord. I could maybe see him undermining the manager but can you blame him? He clearly loves Rangers and is now definitely one of us, and can only want the best for the club, and I can tell you that Pedro Caixinha wasn’t, and Graeme Murty isn’t the best for Rangers. There is no proof what so ever in these rumours which, if started by some of our own, is disgusting. I’m backing Lee Wallace over Graeme Murty every day of the week.

So, when we get the next manager and Lee doesn’t like him it will be ok for him to undermine him because he is a legend?

Legend in his own lunch time more like. Half decent player plagued by injuries. Gough is a legend, Miller, Brand and Wilson et al are legends Wallace is a well paid employee.

Back