Leeds continue to Hibsit

P

You’re talking shite mate, we have been mismanaged for twenty years, only now getting an owner who understands that you need to speculate to accumulate. As the song goes “we’ve been through it altogether “ I thought a Rangers fan might have related to that.

The hatred towards Leeds is utterly bizarre, particularly from Rangers supporters who should understand exactly what it's like to pillaged and yet be on the brink of returning to where we belong.

The hatred towards Leeds is utterly bizarre, particularly from Rangers supporters who should understand exactly what it's like to pillaged and yet be on the brink of returning to where we belong.
The same could be said of man united tbf ..

The same could be said of man united tbf ..

I'm utterly indifferent to English teams, I like some more than others, but I can't understand Rangers supporters getting so upset about Leeds and what they do.

I'm utterly indifferent to English teams, I like some more than others, but I can't understand Rangers supporters getting so upset about Leeds and what they do.
I’m sure alot of us couldn’t care less about Leeds tbh mate

Rangers and Leeds don’t belong in the same sentence.
We are the most successful club in world football. Leeds aren’t even the most successful club in Yorkshire.

Great to see Leeds show some bottle. Historic club with a fantastic support- I was there in August v Swansea where they were mugged after total domination and was well impressed by the backing of the fans

Rangers and Leeds don’t belong in the same sentence.
We are the most successful club in world football. Leeds aren’t even the most successful club in Yorkshire.
Two different leagues pal, Leeds are a club that at one time had the best club side in the world. I suspect if we played in Scotland we may be able to boast the same.

Two different leagues pal, Leeds are a club that at one time had the best club side in the world. I suspect if we played in Scotland we may be able to boast the same.
I like leeds, but can you tell me what year they were the best club side in the world?

Just as well the history of football goes beyond fourteen years.

Using your logic, we're not a big club anymore because we haven't won a major trophy in the last decade.
You said they were a good Premier League club. The Premier League only started less than 30 years ago so Leeds have been in it less than half of those seasons.

So by your logic Barnsley, Oldham and Blackpool are good EPL clubs.

And Swindon.

Last edited:

You are forgetting they’ve spent almost 60% of their existence outside the top league in England. On a level with Dundee not Rangers.

I like leeds, but can you tell me what year they were the best club side in the world?

Well obviously football is opinion based but the Leeds team from 65 to 75 was awesome, winning hardly anything but that doesn’t tell the story. Most observers of pre premier league football would put that Leeds team on a par with the Liverpool team of the 80s

The season above would probably be the highlight, followed by the European cup final defeat in 75 after some dubious refereeing and the kaiser (beckenbaur) using his influence to get a clear goal ruled offside and the denial of a penalty. The story from then was and is one of decline apart from a 5 year hiatus brought on by Howard Wilkinson which culminated in the real class of 1992 becoming the last real champions. From then? Well more decline and mis management. I respect your opinion is different to mine, but that’s what it is, opinion. some Of the absolute throbbers on this thread claiming Leeds are the size of Dundee and other ridiculous claims are a joke, some of them should probably do some research before making twats of themselves.

I threw my tuppence worth in at 2-0, hands up i thought they were done. Felt for the Leeds fans it must have been torture.
The other week when QPR beat them and their fans taunting them about blowing it again almost had me putting the boot into my TV.
Unbelievable they ended the night top of the table.
FFS i hope it is this year they come up, the end of last season was painful.
Wonder how many of the older bears on here also had that Admiral yellow away strip back in the day.

My Liverpool, Leeds, Rangers beginning of season treble lives another day then. Rangers looking the least likely out of the 3 at the moment :oops:

As it stands Leeds are top but will they stay there ?.

If I'm not at our home game and Leeds are on the telly then I'll tune in but most times they are less than convincing and it may be a free for all in who goes up from there.

There is no one ye can say for certainty who'll go up.

You are forgetting they’ve spent almost 60% of their existence outside the top league in England. On a level with Dundee not Rangers.
In their 100 year existence, Leeds have been in the top division 50 times.
In that context to have reached 5 European finals (won 2) and 4 semi-finals is not a bad record;)

Hope this is finally their year. Too big a club to have been languishing in the Championship for that long

Hibsed it? Fu.ck me when we stop bottling it every time we go ahead of the mentally challengeds then aye we can use that phrase, until then it's a red neck

I'm glad Leeds are doing well, hope they manage to get promoted.. along with Sheff Wed which is looking highly unlikely.

For a city the size of Leeds (bigger than Glasgow), you would think they had more than one professional team
It is because Rugby League has always been more popular in West Yorkshire than football.
Today there are still I think about 11 professional Rugby League clubs within a 20-mile radius of Leeds.

Glad to see they won, seen some mental videos after their third from the fans.

I don't know why but I have a bit of a soft spot for them despite only ever been to Elland Road once over 10 years ago. Hope they go up.

Really wish they could get promoted, a good team with a good support who just seem to capitulate every year in the run in

Back