Left back for Sunday

Left back for Old Firm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haining84

I'd be loathed to change a winning side and Flanagan has been solid since he's got back in the team but I think I'd play Barisic or Halliday at left back in the Old Firm.Better balance and more of an attacking threat.

Borna for an attacking threat. We’ll need it and sadly Flanagan, as hard as he is in the tackle, won’t get us over the halfway line.

I'd play halliday . I don't think borna has the aggression needed for Sunday and Forrest would skin Flanagan constantly on the outside because Flanagan has no left foot.

It's mad that we're going into this with Flanagan as the left back. He's incredibly immobile and clearly no threat going forward.

Flanagan will start.

If he has a tough time against Forrest I could see Barisic coming on.

Flanagan
Failing that Halliday
Barisic has huge question marks over his desire and that’s not what we need on Sunday

Flanno but we offered nothing down the left going forward against Hivs.
Kent will have to do more if Flanno plays

argghhh really hard to pick since I'd prefer Halliday but he's barely played recently so bit weird to just chuck him in.

Borna since he’s the natural LB and should have a massive point to prove

Offers most going forward and we should be getting at these cunts from the get go just like December

I’d play Barisic.

It would be a good indicator of his commitment going forward.

Talk is cheap, let him prove it on the park.

Halliday and Flanagan have done enough to stay as squad players next season imo.

Flannigan all day ,why change a winning team that isnt conceding,which is Flannigans first priority

Flanagan is the best defensive full back out of the three and the fact their right winger is their most dangerous player I'd go with him.

1 goal conceded in the past five games is impressive defending by anyone's standards.

He'll get steamed in too.

Borna since he’s the natural LB and should have a massive point to prove

Offers most going forward and we should be getting at these cunts from the get go just like December
What does he offer going forward?
He doesn't beat a man, turns back and lays it off to a Centre Back more often than not.
Like Flanagan (but Borna comes.in 2nd defensively)
Defence is more mportant for this one.

Flanagan, I think his aggressive no nonsense tackling will be really suited for a game like this.

He hasn't played in an OF game yet right ? Looking forward to seeing him do so tbh.

Has to be Flanagan, he's the most aggressive of the three, the best tackler and won't stand for any shit, has played at the highest level and a few stray passes aside has looked massively improved compared to the others since he came back in.

I've been more impressed with Flanagan in the last few games than I ever expected to be
But I can see Forrest giving him a bit of a nightmare
Barisic has been out for a while & this is not a game to be trying to make a come-back in if you're a bit rusty
We all know Halliday will give his all - but regrettably his repertoire is slightly limited

Dilemma time - I hope one of them is outstanding in training right now

We as fans always have a tendency to over think these games. We've been superb over the last 5 games, playing great football, scoring freely and not conceding goals. The team picks itself for Sunday (outwith injuries/suspensions).

We are at home to Celtic. Not Barcelona here.

Another point for those saying that Flanagan doesn't get forward or isn't mobile, he's been one of the only players at times in the last few games thats offered an overlap into the box and was showing genuine pace. I can't help but thinking that some people will just never warm to him for whatever reason. He's the best option of the three.

Borna has shown himself to have the heart of a mouse in a Rangers jersey so far and hasnt earned a place in the team. Flanagan is there on merit and should stay there. A better defender than Borna and Halliday. We can win the attacking game with our midfield and strikers.

Flanagan. Yes, he has his attacking limitations but the OF games are the only domestic ones where defensive solidity is more important than flying forward from full back positions (with the exception of Tav but thats his natural game). Also, why tinker with a back 4 that has only conceded 1 goal in 5 games?

If gaffer does go for Barasic then I would suggest its last chance saloon and a case of "show me you can handle this or we part ways in the summer". To be fair, its about as meaningless an OF match as it gets so could understand taking the gamble if that was Gerrards thinking.

Barisic.

The game is almost meaningless. Give him 90 minutes to show what he has on a big occasion.

Being pragmatic, finding out if we need a brand new first choice left back next season is probably more important than the result.

Flanagan gets caught alot with the cross ball to his side when playing on the left, happened again on sunday it has cost us goals this season and could easily do again its such a glaring mistake and it keeps happening

Flanagan does not deserve to lose his spot

He can also be a right nasty bastard if he has to be.....

I'd bring in Halliday for this game as Barisic is still recovering from injury and Flanagan doesn't offer enough going forward but i wouldn't be surprised to see the same team with Fod in goal.

Andy for me,knows what it's all about.Ive liked what I've seen from Flannigan lately,but I'm thinking Forrest will be too clever,and fast for him.Barasic ? No thanks.

Can’t believe Barisic is in second place. He’s done nothing in a Rangers shirt that puts him ahead of Halliday.

Same team for me, think we'd be foolish to start making changes when we've seen results improve.

Flanagan deserves his spot and can't see the gaffer changing things.

Flanagan will start, but I fear nae neck will rip him apart.

I’d genuinely play Halliday in this one.

Flanagan
Halliday
Borna

That would be the order I’d choos, no way Barisic comes back in for this game, 1 because he doesn’t deserve it and 2 Flanagan doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Back