Legia sold out - So which 3000 now wont be allowed to attend?

Broxi1985

Official Ticketer
Sold out for Thursday (barring an odd few that keep reappearing) So how will they decide which section to shut? Tickets bought and travel arrangements made and paid for.

Sold out for Thursday (barring an odd few that keep reappearing) So how will they decide which section to shut? Tickets bought and travel arrangements made and paid for.

From the Rangers statement:

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.

I don’t believe the club didn’t know yesterday this was coming. Incredible they’ve sanctioned a public sale assuming they did know.

I imagine it's possible they weren't aware of the severity or numbers when they allowed it.

Definitely a sore one for whoever gets told they now can't attend.

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF1 plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.

They can start off with the nugget that's moved into CD7 who wont shut the f"ck up with his FTP, 19th Century Terrorist b@stards etc when no one else is singing. Chances are Fare were probably in our section aswell with the perfect view of BF1

It is a possibility that the tickets being sold are outwith a number they have already accounted for being unavailable to our support.

Last edited:
Well done to the muppets that landed us in this mess. The club need to step up and protect the decent fans by identifying and removing the ones that can’t change.

Ridiculous it has come to this. Over a stupid fuc£ing song.
It’s a sad state of play but it’s getting to the stage that people ARE going to start reporting people to that phone number.
What’s the next sanction we will face? Entire stand? Then what? Behind closed doors.
All because of a couple of irrelevant songs from the past and the people clinging on for dear life to them for the best part of 2 decades of being asked BY THE CLUB not to sing them.

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.
...is the right answer

It’s a sad state of play but it’s getting to the stage that people ARE going to start reporting people to that phone number.
What’s the next sanction we will face? Entire stand? Then what? Behind closed doors.
All because of a couple of irrelevant songs from the past and the people clinging on for dear life to them for the best part of 2 decades of being asked BY THE CLUB not to sing them.

All of the above and we will eventually be banned from Europe competition if it continues.

It is a possibility that the tickets being sold are outwith a number they have already accounted for being unavailable to our support.
Broomloan front was showing totally sold out yesterday.
Think you could be right.

Where is the offenders seats?
Probably BF1, that’s a guess. But we can’t do without the Union Bears for this one. We need the atmosphere to get us through. Personally I’d rather the club contact the last 3000 people to purchase tickets for this game and tell them they have been refunded. This would give the club time to identify those responsible and refuse them tickets for the Europa group games.

(Ps. I’m a white collar fan who sits in the main stand)

They can start off with the nugget that's moved into CD7 who wont shut the f"ck up with his FTP, 19th Century Terrorist b@stards etc when no one else is singing. Chances are that is Fare, probably in our section aswell with the perfect view of BF1

Maybe?

Why should it be the BR?

Clearly everyone doesn’t want it to be their section.

The club need to appeal this and then have a partial closure in the next game. Hopefully in the groups. Then we don’t have a public sale and shift season ticket holders about accordingly.

Btw, is there precedence for this type of sanction?

So the people who are responsible for us gettin into this mess shouldn’t be punished but innocent fans should ?
See my later post. Punish them 3 times over for the group games (assuming we get there). Contact the last 3,000 to buy tickets and refund them. Financially we need the Europa groups from a revenue perspective. Doesn’t matter really once we get there as the majority of the cash is for being there as opposed to results.

We do need the 12th man on Thursday however.

All of the above and we will eventually be banned from Europe competition if it continues.

Guaranteed, and it will be timed to coincide with the first time we are going for the Champions League but there will still be a group of fans who insist they'll sing what they want.

Probably BF1, that’s a guess. But we can’t do without the Union Bears for this one. We need the atmosphere to get us through. Personally I’d rather the club contact the last 3000 people to purchase tickets for this game and tell them they have been refunded. This would give the club time to identify those responsible and refuse them tickets for the Europa group games.
Yes we can . I’m sick of them . The huff they pulled at the end of last season did it for me . Their smoke bombs and generally behaving like wee fannies is going on long enough. . I’ve been going to Ibrox for over thirty years , I don’t need some wee guy with a drum telling me what to sing . Their Uber chants do my head in . That’s why we’ve been done . Bin them

We need the UB to be smarter. They (imo from being at the game) started all or most of the chants. They are lauded with BEING the atmosphere at home games.
With great power comes great responsibility

See my later post. Punish them 3 times over for the group games (assuming we get there). Contact the last 3,000 to buy tickets and refund them. Financially we need the Europa groups from a revenue perspective. Doesn’t matter really once we get there as the majority of the cash is for being there as opposed to results.

We do need the 12th man on Thursday however.

Ibrox on Europeans nights has thrived without them before and will thrive again on Thursday without them after our gaffers rallying cry. We can not punish innocent fans while the people who are responsible for this get to go

This wouldn't satisfy the "closing a section" tho. It's supposed to set an example to the supporters that these songs cannot continue to be sung. It has less impact in my opinion if 3000 odd seats dotted about the stadium will set said example to others?

If that's the case then the easy target is the UB as they start all songs. However this would be absolutely suicidal for the atmosphere on Thursday. I know everyone else will be up for it but they really get the place going.

They’ll shut the most vocal area on the stadium, of course.

The full BF is the only area where people stand and where songs come from.

Why should it be the BR?

Clearly everyone doesn’t want it to be their section.

The club need to appeal this and then have a partial closure in the next game. Hopefully in the groups. Then we don’t have a public sale and shift season ticket holders about accordingly.

Btw, is there precedence for this type of sanction?

It doesn't HAVE to be BR - just as it doesn't HAVE to be BF mate. The Club, however, have clearly suggested they will target 'offending' supporters. It is likely, therefore, that they will start with the section of the stadium that does the most singing, i.e. BF1, and work their way along the Broomloan Front. I don't think that will get them to the 3000 empty seats required so, they MAY then target, for example, BR1 as being the 'simplest' option. Or perhaps BR5 - which would be above the Legia supporters?

Plenty clubs have had stand closures for various offences.

They can start off with the nugget that's moved into CD7 who wont shut the f"ck up with his FTP, 19th Century Terrorist b@stards etc when no one else is singing. Chances are Fare were probably in our section aswell with the perfect view of BF1
I think I must sit near you mate.... could greet when I see him coming in...

We need Ibrox bouncing for this game. My personal opinion is we can’t take Union bears away. I think the best option would be a strip right along the back of clubdeck and relocate those supporters in the offenders seats
I'm sorry but I can't fully agree. Yes they add something but they start a lot of this shite. Now I'm not saying it's just them in any shape or form but I think we all know they are also 'part' of this problem...so you can't make them immune from this punishment if they are part of the problem.

A reduced capacity means a pro rata reduction in the Legia end too. 5% of 51,000 reduced to 5% of 48,000. Every little helps. Smaller segregation?

People can moan and groan all they like but it is pretty simple. Stop fucking singing songs and add ons that will get us in trouble!!

If you want to sing them then do it in pubs and on your bus etc. Not in the ground. Everyone is constantly looking at a reason to have a go at us and get us in trouble as it is. Stop giving them easy wins!

Anyone that thinks it is acceptable to take the stance of “I will sing what I want” is a selfish arsehole who is not welcome at Ibrox

Going off on a bit of a tangent - whoever has their ticket withdrawn should be issued a login/password for RTV coverage of the game as well as their refund. Hopefully @Greg Marshall can suggest it to the board/media team. It'll soften the blow a bit

How many complimentary seats do UEFA get? Add in the press gantry and any of Legia’s allocation in the main stand and corner

How many more do we need to find?

If only

I can see Rangers appealing upon the grounds of the game being 6 days away and people from far and wide have made travel arrangements and that the closure is to happen in the next European game, whether this season or next.

Maybe far fetched but seems reasonable. St Joseph’s game was about 5 weeks ago and they announce this six days before a sellout?

Having bought one in BF2 like the mug I am, I've already went ahead and bought another in the main stand albeit restricted view.
Got it for a bit of atmosphere from the Union Bears as the rest of the stadium is terrible when it comes to it. At least I'm still in Ibrox and managed to find myself an alternative unlike the rest of the people who are going to be affected.
And no, obviously we don't know where specifically is being shut which is absolutely pathetic- but using reasonable logic it's safe to assume my BF2 ticket's gubbed.

Back