Match Thread Legia Warsaw v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Worldwide

Aye it is a big deal, as when that happens it usually means there's been violence to accompany it. What fuckin grown man thinks "I'm gonnae start a fight and and steal flags from other fans"?

A fuckin window licking scumbag kunt, that's who
calm down ffs your only fecking guessing something has happened if something has then your right and I apologise in advance

Incredible the optimism on here in the build up to this game. Legia have conceded 3 goals in 11 games now. It was never going to be the stroll in the park some were forecasting.

Tie isn't over yet either. I suspect a single goal over the two legs will decide who goes through. We have to make sure its us who score it. Need Morelos or Defoe to produce the goods next week.

Legia played us like a piano. Diving and fouling to prevent conceding the crucial away goal, including even a rugby tackle. They'll be even worse for this at Ibrox if they score. We have no option now but to play the return as a Cup Final and throw the kitchen sink at the Poles. Any Rangers win will do.

Throw a kitchen sink at the Poles they are liable to plumb it in and stick some units around it.

I felt we didn’t see the full Joe Aribo tonight, like he was conscious of a booking ruling him out next week. Jack and Davis were fantastic, as was Flanagan. Confident we’ll win next week. Another famous 3-1?

Honestly I'm as big a moan as any, and I moaned last year after Shkupi (SP) Osijek and Maribor away where the football was desperate, this performance was light years better than last year, even UFA away before the sending off was not as good and controlled as this.

Lets win the game, 0-0 is better than getting beat 1-0 or 2-0, yes would have loved to have won, but lets make Ibrox the fortress in euro nights it should be.

Why will the game at Ibrox be a totally different game ? this mob will just play the same way they did tonight and frustrate, the Danish team we played are better than Legia.

If you want a draw away from home then a 0-0 isn't the one you want, a score draw would have been better, they score first at Ibrox and we need two so i think it put's more pressure on us, point also to note that in the whole 90mins we didn't have one shot on target and poor in the final third.

I thought the perfomance was pretty poor tonight against a team that was bang average.

Because we will actually come out and attack them at home? With the home crowd behind team they will go for it more.

They have no goal to come to Ibrox and defend so it means there will be space at some point for us to exploit as they will push forward at times for away goal.

Of course an away goal would be much preferred but we didn't play anywhere near to our full and still managed to come away with a decent result.

Flannagan gets RTV MOTM.
Wouldn't particularly have been my choice but to be fair, the boy did well!

I thought Flannagan was absolutely solid tonight and probably made the most important tackle of the game when Goldson fùcked up. We all know he doesn't offer much in an attacking sense but his commitment at defending the ball is outstanding and has a great sense of timing. For what is worth in a night when we worked hard as a unit I'm happy to see Flannagan pick up the MOM he deserves it.

Would have settled with that result before the game started so it will do for me. We have come a long way if we are disappointed with that result.

They are very stuffy but at home i am confident we can win this tie. It certainly wont be easy but a Maribor type performance like last year will hopefully see us through.

This tie is far from over. I think Legia have been our toughest test so far. I’m a bit disappointed (and a little worried) we didn’t get an away goal. That makes a clean sheet at Ibrox imperative, as I wouldn’t like to need 2 goals against this mob if they shut up shop. They had better chances against us tonight and McGregor made a couple of big saves. I thought our passing game was excellent tonight but tended to fall apart in the final third. That old habit of things breaking down for us in the final third reared it’s head again tonight, whether it was down to our players or their defence is debatable. We had one big chance from Alfie but their keeper made a good save, however we didn’t really threaten their goal beyond that. That was the biggest disappointment for me tonight. I think it’s still very much 50/50 going into the 2nd leg who will advance. A good start and a early goal for us would settle the nerves. However, I don’t think we can go gung-ho and need to keep things tight at the back first and foremost. It could well be 1-0 will be enough to win the tie. I’m a bit more nervy about this tie that I was before KO but hopefully the Teddies will raise their game at Ibrox and see us into the group stages.

MOTM: Difficult one tonight. Katic & Flanagan were solid in defence. Davis and Jack again both had great games in midfield (particularly in the 1st half) Aribo again was fabulous throughout (I love how can take the ball from players without having to tackle) Shagger also was outstanding and on at least 2 occasions kept us level. However, at the end of the day I think I’ll go with Flanagan. Did the unglamorous things extremely well and really shut down any threat they had down the right wing.

Decent result away from home.

They had clear cut chances, they missed them. We made a few opportunities but not much more.

They are not as good a footballing side as Midtjylland or Maribor, but turn the theatrics on at the hint of trouble.

I would expect us to get past them next week with an actual referee rather than whatever that disgrace out there was. Allowed them to break up the game without reproach for the entirety of the first half, seemed fine with their diving and took a blind eye to some awful challenges they were putting in.

I thought Flannagan was absolutely solid tonight and probably made the most important tackle of the game when Goldson fùcked up. We all know he doesn't offer much in an attacking sense but his commitment at defending the ball is outstanding and has a great sense of timing. For what is worth in a night when we worked hard as a unit I'm happy to see Flannagan pick up the MOM he deserves it.
He is also a hard kvunt that doesn't winge or complain.
I have met a good few Scousers like him and they are the salt of the earth as men.
I thought he was great tonight.

Good result. Leaves us needing to win at Ibrox by any amount of goals and we are through. I would take that every single time in a European game. Win your home games in europe and you will do well. That mob didn't tonight so we are in the driving seat.

Was an absolute stonker of a slide tackle to save Goldson’s blushes

Decent away performance especially first half, we were a little slower second half and for me Ojo should of went off at the 65 minute mark and let Jones run at the booked full back but listen if we win the game next Thursday night we are through a think we would of all have taken that before the game.

A very good away performance, against a pretty decent Legia side.
We did exactly what we had to do without being defensive all the time and achieved a result which hopefully sets up a victory at Ibrox.
Flanagan was MOTM after a tremendous 90 minutes.
I'll go for a 2-0 win in a weeks time to see us through.

Ideally would have come away with a win but a 0-0 isn't the worst result if they had won next week they would probably have sat deep & defended

I despise teams like that, always have.
Bristling with anti-football, a real BBC type team, snide, cynical, underhand, like to dish it out don't like a bit back. You know the routine "if you're touched you must go down" Not that long ago we would have lost our discipline and ended up with as many bookings as them. We kept it professional and showed a lot of maturity.
I didn't think much of them. If that's the best they can muster in front of their own fans, all they can raise themselves to, nearly gutter level, then we should be able to outclass them at Ibrox.
We will need to be a bit more adventurous though. A referee who knows his arse from his elbow would help as well.

I felt we didn’t see the full Joe Aribo tonight, like he was conscious of a booking ruling him out next week. Jack and Davis were fantastic, as was Flanagan. Confident we’ll win next week. Another famous 3-1?

I thought he was a bit subdued as well. Would like to see him run with the ball instead of laying it off early. Hes probably not used to playing this much football. Might be worth a spot on the bench Sunday.

Strange that we didn't have sponsor on shirts tonight.

Thought it could've been a gambling ad ban, but their sponsor Fortuna is a gambling site.

This tie is far from over. I think Legia have been our toughest test so far. I’m a bit disappointed (and a little worried) we didn’t get an away goal. That makes a clean sheet at Ibrox imperative, as I wouldn’t like to need 2 goals against this mob if they shut up shop. They had better chances against us tonight and McGregor made a couple of big saves. I thought our passing game was excellent tonight but tended to fall apart in the final third. That old habit of things breaking down for us in the final third reared it’s head again tonight, whether it was down to our players or their defence is debatable. We had one big chance from Alfie but their keeper made a good save, however we didn’t really threaten their goal beyond that. That was the biggest disappointment for me tonight. I think it’s still very much 50/50 going into the 2nd leg who will advance. A good start and a early goal for us would settle the nerves. However, I don’t think we can go gung-ho and need to keep things tight at the back first and foremost. It could well be 1-0 will be enough to win the tie. I’m a bit more nervy about this tie that I was before KO but hopefully the Teddies will raise their game at Ibrox and see us into the group stages.

MOTM: Difficult one tonight. Katic & Flanagan were solid in defence. Davis and Jack again both had great games in midfield (particularly in the 1st half) Aribo again was fabulous throughout (I love how can take the ball from players without having to tackle) Shagger also was outstanding and on at least 2 occasions kept us level. However, at the end of the day I think I’ll go with Flanagan. Did the unglamorous things extremely well and really shut down any threat they had down the right wing.
Agree With most of that apart from the 50/50.It's not,it's 60/40 now in our favour,any win puts us through.If tonight's game was at Ibrox we would be disappointed at not scoring.

To all the doom merchants - if the first leg had been at Ibrox and we drew 0-0 how confident would you be? No doubt you'd be talking Legia up, going back home level on aggregate. Well that's the situation we are in right now. Look at it that way.

Legia had home advantage tonight but looked very ordinary and couldn't score. Even if they sneak a goal next week you'd have to fancy us to score a few as well.

Nothing is certain in football but the bookies will have us as favourites next week and rightly so.
I suppose it's maybe a sign of how far we have come in terms of fans expectation levels but I totally agree. That was a great result. It sounded like we managed the game. Win your home game to progress. I will settle for that.

Some of our passing in tight spaces is a fucking joy to watch.
The defending was immense, so I know I shouldn't have paid this visit to the match thread.

A considerable amount of clueless bangers as per.

Why do I punish my eyes? I'll never learn.

You know what Shengus, see them drills we are seeing in the training vids whereby players are shifting from one side to another closing opposition down and working the ball in tight spaces, well I think we are starting to see the rewards. Massive credit to our coaching staff as we just do not allow teams to settle and work the ball really well under pressure.

Back