Leverkusen away game could be behind closed doors due to the Corona Virus.

I'm only guessing, but the way things are looking I'll be very surprised if this game isn't behind closed doors.

The mortality rate is about 2% of all cases.

Depends where you read I suppose, but still far higher than seasonal flu, and in line with the Spanish flu that killed millions.

Hopefully it’s an initial over reaction, but I’ve never seen city’s on lockdown like this for anything in my lifetime.

The way things are going this would not surprise me, I think there could well be a lot of other closed doors games. Let’s hope we get the full house at Ibrox because the revenue is huge for us.

Said in a post yesterday that this is a big possibility and people making travel plans should maybe just hold off
The problem with that is that all the cheap flights are gone so the cost becomes prohibative. It's a gamble you take knowing you could lose.

I booked my flights at £110 return as they were cheap but was fully aware that something like this might happen. At that price I can afford to lose it and our hotel is free cancellation.

To book nearer the time would cost a lot more and probably for far worse flight times

The problem with that is that all the cheap flights are gone so the cost becomes prohibative. It's a gamble you take knowing you could lose.

I booked my flights at £110 return as they were cheap but was fully aware that something like this might happen. At that price I can afford to lose it and our hotel is free cancellation.

To book nearer the time would cost a lot more and probably for far worse flight times

We were £140 no booked trains or hotel will leave them last minute incase.

I'm guessing any official or Sport Options day trip / overnighter could be over subscribed, if they do make it no away fans then you would just get refunded in full?

I'm guessing any official or Sport Options day trip / overnighter could be over subscribed, if they do make it no away fans then you would just get refunded in full?
I doubt it they will have paid at least deposits for planes hotels buses etc

Hopefully they make a decision this week so we know the script, I've held off booking just incase so probably cost a fortune now if we are allowed to go.

Was supposed to be going to a massive conference in Berlin early next week for work. Whole thing has just been cancelled

Theres Japanese football been on freesports all week, dont see them playing behind closed doors. Lot of them wearing masks, they usually do over there anyway.

Outrageous scaremongering going on here, not helped by 24 hr news and social media. calm down to a panic for fecks sake.

I apologise to all females who we have through the years called gossips. The male species takes it to a new level. Now I know the reason behind man flu, otherwise known as the common cold.

Theres Japanese football been on freesports all week, dont see them playing behind closed doors. Lot of them wearing masks, they usually do over there anyway.

Outrageous scaremongering going on here, not helped by 24 hr news and social media. calm down to a panic for fecks sake.

I apologise to all females who we have through the years called gossips. The male species takes it to a new level. Now I know the reason behind man flu, otherwise known as the common cold.
I take your point, but it’s a tad more serious than the common cold ffs

5 games in Serie A now postponed after been originally been behind closed doors
This is the point I'm trying to make. There is a full game in japan on freesports from the early hours. Why are they going ahead, as their next door to china, but games in Europe are being called off.

Never seen anything like this in my puff, I admire the staunchness of those claiming its 'just a bit of flu' but I'm getting the heeby jeebies about all this carry on.

Pretty confident it will go ahead but be smart and book hotels rooms you can cancel up until the day and don’t pay for local trains etc until nearer the time.
I’ve paid out for flights but can afford to lose that as I’m self employed so by working instead of follow following I’d make more staying at home and going to work.

This is the point I'm trying to make. There is a full game in japan on freesports from the early hours. Why are they going ahead, as their next door to china, but games in Europe are being called off.

I guessing became becoming an issue in Europe that relevant authorities are taking notice and trying lessen the impact, Italy is having some problems and trying to deal with it as best it can.

Why they playing to open public in Japan is up to the Japanese authorities

I guessing became becoming an issue in Europe that relevant authorities are taking notice and trying lessen the impact, Italy is having some problems and trying to deal with it as best it can.

Why they playing to open public in Japan is up to the Japanese authorities
The Japanese are not a stupid people and neither is it a totalitarian regime. Its maybe just italy, being italy. Well known for a bit of drama. Cant even have a chat over coffee without their arms flying all over the place.

The Japanese are not a stupid people and neither is it a totalitarian regime. Its maybe just italy, being italy. Well known for a bit of drama. Cant even have a chat over coffee without their arms flying all over the place.

Right now I will say thankfully we didn't draw Inter or Roma otherwise the it would have been a different topic

Right now I will say thankfully we didn't draw Inter or Roma otherwise the it would have been a different topic
My point is, there seems to be unnecessary scaremongering going on here. Italy needs to have a good look at itself, seems way over the top to me. BTW has the vatican closed down yet or are they still selling souvenirs to the faithful.

My point is, there seems to be unnecessary scaremongering going on here. Italy needs to have a good look at itself, seems way over the top to me. BTW has the vatican closed down yet or are they still selling souvenirs to the faithful.

Rome isn't currently off limits yet Lazio v Bologna is this afternoon seem to be Northern Italy

Of course there is some scaremongering always is but you can't ignore everything

Don’t understand people saying hold off booking, if anything of the nature suggested were to happen surely the flight companies / hotels would refund? My full trip came to £160 including hotels / internal flights. Try booking anything near that price now.

Back