Leverkusen away game could be behind closed doors due to the Corona Virus.

Surely better to play in a neutral location than our fans (people will travel regardless of the dangers) and players tasking the risk of infection and potentially bringing it back to Glasgow.
Well if they travel and are told not to,not only are they putting themselves at risk there putting othe people’s lives at risk.

Don’t understand people saying hold off booking, if anything of the nature suggested were to happen surely the flight companies / hotels would refund? My full trip came to £160 including hotels / internal flights. Try booking anything near that price now.

People just have a different way of looking at things, I would always travel without a ticket and have it all booked last night - take it on the chin if can’t get in, match is behind closed doors or at worst not allowed to travel. Some will be worried sick now on the other hand of losing money and the game being behind closed doors etc... Learn a lot about people in these situations.

Brother in law is taking the boy to AC Milan Juve in April, all booked up etc the lot - luckily the boy doesn’t know he is going but as by the looks of it the trip won’t happen.

Last edited:

Seems the backlash of playing the game behind closed doors has prompted the bigger decision of postponing until May 13

Don’t understand people saying hold off booking, if anything of the nature suggested were to happen surely the flight companies / hotels would refund? My full trip came to £160 including hotels / internal flights. Try booking anything near that price now.
You wont get a refund if its behind closed doors airlines and hotels wont care would only be if there is a travel ban

The Japanese are not a stupid people and neither is it a totalitarian regime. Its maybe just italy, being italy. Well known for a bit of drama. Cant even have a chat over coffee without their arms flying all over the place.

The Japanese are suspending their Schools for a month.

That seems a bit panicky.

If this does happen and fans decide to cancel their trip because of coronavirus you are not covered under your travel insurance, you would have to cancel for another reason to be able to make a claim. however if the FCO decide to put travel restrictions to Germany some travel insurance companies may consider your claim some may not. I have got this information from the travel insurance companies.

Heard speculation that the p0pe has it.

He must've spread it to alot of people owing to the touching & kissing thing he does.

It would explain the current pandemic in Italy.

Load of absolute bed wetters on here.

Why has this not been posted / referred to but several scare mongering articles have?
As I've posted mate. Japanese league seems to be going ahead with no problems. Now considering their next door to China and they are a free democracy, leads me to believe that this is blown out of all proportion.

Let's face it we're getting posts on here from that reliable source of information, the spectator index, who seem to have a reporter at every health clinic in iran. Due to their reporting after the iranian colonel was taken out, I would take everything from them as garbage.

Rangers’ meeting with Bayer Leverkusen in Germany in the last 16 of the Europa League could be played behind closed doors if cases of coronavirus continue to multiply in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, home of the Bundesliga club. The state’s first patient was admitted to hospital on Monday, with 14 cases confirmed by Thursday night.

Bayer’s trip to RB Leipzig on Sunday will go ahead as scheduled, with the precaution that players, backroom staff and match officials will not observe the custom of handshakes before and after matches. The Bundesliga card has not yet been disrupted and Tim Meyer, the national team doctor, said on the German FA’s website that postponing matches or playing them behind closed doors would be premature at the moment, but could not be ruled out by the time Rangers are scheduled to play in Leverkusen on March 19.

“At present, this remedy would probably be excessive in our country,” Meyer said. “The cases are known and ‘under control’ in Germany.” However, he added that “no one can seriously predict what the situation will be in a week or two.”

Utterly ridiculous. Not shaking hands but holding on to each other at corners. Spitting, blowing their noses, holding on in defensive walls, challenging for headers etc etc.
Just nonsense

Yet the football goes ahead. Kind of defeats the purpose does it not.

Don’t know what their thinking on Football still being played but shutting the Schools down seems more drastic then a few games being played.

They have also shut down Disneyland Japan for a few weeks.

Don’t know what their thinking on Football still being played but shutting the Schools down seems more drastic then a few games being played.

They have also shut down Disneyland Japan for a few weeks.
If your trying to contain something with any urgency, I would think football stadiums would be closed. Thousands will be leaving a stadium to spread it all over the shop.

One country in Europe is stopping football, let's face it, they're the biggest drama queens on the continent.

You wont get a refund if its behind closed doors airlines and hotels wont care would only be if there is a travel ban
I was more referring to the absolute panic merchants on here implying we’re going to be on full on lock down by then.

Very likely because hardly any of us read the Daily Retard and even less post links to it.

I googled ‘Leverkusen coronavirus’ and it was first hit with direct quotes, wouldn’t usually post.

If your trying to contain something with any urgency, I would think football stadiums would be closed. Thousands will be leaving a stadium to spread it all over the shop.

One country in Europe is stopping football, let's face it, they're the biggest drama queens on the continent.

France is now banning all events with more than 5000 people now.

Add them to your Shit list.

Back