Leverkusen away - travel info

Got Manchester - Düsseldorf direct £65 return as soon as the draw was made, chuffed with that. Where’s everyone staying?

Edinburgh to Paris then 6 hour wait then Düsseldorf for tea time on Wednesday, Düsseldorf to Paris 6 hour wait again then to Edinburgh on the Friday £240 return

Some of the offers are incredible,I was going to book it myself last time but my German is honking so used customer service desk at Dusseldorf Airport and Haubtbanhoff(sp) and they were both fantastic.
Guy at the latter printed off a letter stating our match ticket for Schalke covered us for transport from Dusseldorf all the way there and back(I had been told previously it wouldn't due to the distance and change of zones I think?)
Just happy to help these people,great experience.

Downloading the DB app is well worth it, you have your train tickets on your app.

But word of caution for all who buy train tickets online for travelling in Germany, you must have the card you used to pay for the ticket with you, they don't always ask to see it, but they do sometimes.

Reactions: cav
Booked straight away. Stanstead to Cologne Wednesday @ 7:30 return @ 17:30 on Friday - £42 for both flights with Ryanair, now sitting at £320

Anyone else doing Edinburgh to Luxembourg with Ryanair, Wednesday to Friday?

Currently £70 return and if you hire a car it’s a two and a half hour drive.

£124 return flights Heathrow to Cologne with British Airways. 2 nights in Hotel Stadion 500 yards from stadium and 1 mile from city centre for £80, cheapest away travel yet for me.

Anywhere around Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof is perfect for travel - Ibis, Novum, Intercity Hotel and Mercure all within 5 minutes walk. Also 2/3 stops to Duss Old Town by train.

A good Hotel in Cologne just behind Hauptbahnhof is Boutique009 - 5 mins walk from station.

Always found Cologne dearer than Duss for Hotels personally.

I booked via Kiwi.com and they took payment from me and hours later I’ve received an email saying that the flight is sold out and they can only offer me a refund now - prices have just about doubled now so won’t be able to go anymore. Shocking
Never book with 3rd party travel agents for flights which will sell out pretty quick.

Booked Edinburgh to Paris then to dusseldorf, dusseldorf for 13.30 day of game then back fri 14.30 dusseldorf to Amsterdam then Edinburgh £200 klm

Staying in Leverkusen Wed-Fri. The party will be happening in Cologne but easy access by train by the looks of it.

Let the scramble for tickets begin.
I usually book a semi decent hotel but am staying in the 'Hardrock motown hostel' in the middle of Cologne this time on Thursday night,as I genuinely don't think there will be much time spent in it if any.

Going to book Dusseldorf for the Friday as I know a few decent spots to visit having been there in October,some decent scran and local beer to bring me down from the guaranteed mayhem the night before.

I usually book a semi decent hotel but am staying in the 'Hardrock motown hostel' in the middle of Cologne this time on Thursday night,as I genuinely don't think there will be much time spent in it if any.

Going to book Dusseldorf for the Friday as I know a few decent spots to visit having been there in October,some decent scran and local beer to bring me down from the guaranteed mayhem the night before.

Remember being in Dusseldorf, the longest stretch of bars in Europe, IIRC.

But what amazed me was in the bars, the waiters walk about with trays of beer, and if they spot you have an empty glass, they put a beer down and mark your beer mat to indicate you have another beer. They don't ask if you wanted another one!

The waiters are well known for the cheeky manner in which they speak to all customers. They traditional beers is altbier, an ale like beer.

Was £130 for my Edinburgh - Frankfurt flight. Gonna head over to Cologne on Wednesday night for two nights, then back to Frankfurt on Friday night. Trains look great and should get me into Cologne for before midnight, hopefully not too expensive.

On the 8:05 on the Tuesday from Manchester to Dusseldorf

return on the 6oclock Dusseldorf to Manchester. Unsure whether to drive to Manchester or not yet

Was £130 for my Edinburgh - Frankfurt flight. Gonna head over to Cologne on Wednesday night for two nights, then back to Frankfurt on Friday night. Trains look great and should get me into Cologne for before midnight, hopefully not too expensive.

Look at the prices online with deutsche bahn, or download their app (both in English), if you book now you will get saver prices.

Remember being in Dusseldorf, the longest stretch of bars in Europe, IIRC.

But what amazed me was in the bars, the waiters walk about with trays of beer, and if they spot you have an empty glass, they put a beer down and mark your beer mat to indicate you have another beer. They don't ask if you wanted another one!

The waiters are well known for the cheeky manner in which they speak to all customers. They traditional beers is altbier, an ale like beer.
^ That's it mate Altbier,I couldn't for the life of me remember the correct name-I don't drink a lot of ale but it was more than pleasant and easier on the old gut after caning the Veltins the previous day with a bunch of Germans we met en route to Schalke's ground.

Also
Look at the prices online with deutsche bahn, or download their app (both in English), if you book now you will get saver prices.
Good tip, will look it up, thanks

Jus over an hours drive for me. 10 minutes if I stay at my Brother in laws. Trying to see if he can get me a ticket in the Leverkusen end.

Looking at €87 for the return journey , pricier than I thought. Suppose that amazing German train network has to be paid for somehow.

Remember guys, there are 2 Dusseldorf Airports, Dusseldorf international and Dusseldorf Weeze which can be over an hour by train to Dusseldorf.

Start my apprenticeship next week and for the first 6 month can only take holidays when allocated :(

any body in need of a job ;)

We are flying Glasgow to Amsterdam on Wednesday morning then getting the 3 hour direct train to Cologne.

Return train on Friday then a night out Amsterdam Friday night. Then fly back to Glasgow Saturday afternoon.

£150 for flights and train.

14:38 from Amsterdam to Cologne ???

Back