Lewandowski Mark II off.

According to the newspapers they have recouped the £3.5m fee. They must have a miracle-worker on getting players out the door.
They just have liars in the media doing their PR for them.

It will be the same numbers getting banded about when Ajeti and Barkas are inevitably freed next year as well.

According to the newspapers they have recouped the £3.5m fee. They must have a miracle-worker on getting players out the door.
Very strange

Why would his new club offer that amount of money when they must know the tims are desperate to sell him and in all likelihood have no serious competition for his signature? Crazy

tims have got out of jail with that player deal it would seem

New CEO in the door and his first task is a roaring success, getting their money back for a flop bought by the previous regime.

So fucking laughably transparent :D Hopefully the semi-human scum lap it up.

reply from a RB fan on twitter:

Yea he's not a project. Professional minutes against grown men doesn't make you a project. Celtic not only suck but play completely different than we do.

If they could recoup even £1 million it’d be excellent business for them but I doubt they will.
Had a rabid telling me yesterday it was a great deal for Celtic. Got a bit vague when it came to nailing down how much he was going for. Seems to be in the 3 -4 million range but no proof or even bullshit from the press on the matter so I reckon they gave him a free to get him off the wage bill.

He then went on to tell me what he expected Celtic to get for French Eddy and some other player. I won't bore you with the details bar saying it was pure fantasy.

No mention of a fee from ESPN.
Maybe US bears will know if there are any salary/transfer caps on young designated players (whatever the %^*& that means)

Klimala, 22, signed with Celtic in January 2020 but has managed only three goals in 27 games. The Poland's Under-21 international will fill a Young Designated Player and International spot on New York's roster.

"I'm very happy with Patryk's decision to join us," said Red Bulls Head Coach Gerhard Struber. "At both the club and youth international level he has shown that he has high potential (you'll be in for a sharp surprise soon). He demonstrates a strong work ethic against the ball, which is very important to our style of play, and has very good instincts around the goal. His movement and ability in the final third give the team another weapon."

The media are a laugh the way they make not only every single signing the poets make a superb piece of business but do the exact same for the sales. :D Even when it is the same player involved within a matter of months.

Had a rabid telling me yesterday it was a great deal for Celtic. Got a bit vague when it came to nailing down how much he was going for. Seems to be in the 3 -4 million range but no proof or even bullshit from the press on the matter so I reckon they gave him a free to get him off the wage bill.

He then went on to tell me what he expected Celtic to get for French Eddy and some other player. I won't bore you with the details bar saying it was pure fantasy.
That's the thing they are more fixated on being supposedly 'cash rich' than worried that any replacement will be just as brutal, they can earn their fantasy money for Edouard or recoup £5m on Ajetti (they won't on either) but they'll spunk it on diddies any road

Timmy does love a polish player, 100% down to the pope being from there. over 16 year ago :))

So 3.5x the cost of Alfie aye? :))

"Red Bulls boss Gerhard Struber rates the forward highly though, and it's understood Celtic have recouped most of their original outlay."

I'm taking that as they have pretty much covered the first installment paid by Celtc.

From The Sun
Plane fair out I would think.

I suspect they probably bought him for £1m and he was on 12 grand a week for a 4 year deal, hence the deal being bummed up by their Scottish press bum boys as a "£3.5m deal" to make it sound like they were spending big.

They will have got £700,000 for him, which will be "close to their initial outlay".

Transfermarkt is stating they actually made a profit on him. Anyone know where they get their figures from?

I find it impossible to believe they got a profit.

"Red Bulls boss Gerhard Struber rates the forward highly though, and it's understood Celtic have recouped most of their original outlay."

I'm taking that as they have pretty much covered the first installment paid by Celtc.

From The Sun

They probably did but they only paid about £750k for him the rest would have been wages and bonus if Celtic had won everything over the next 4 yrs giving a total of £3.75m

They inflate it to keep their spunky monkies happy

When it comes to them never believe the figures you actually read, there's always some bizarre, convuluted caveat built in.

For example I'm sure a few times they've done mad things like counted the cost of wages they won't be paying over the term of the contract into the total figure.

So if they sign someone on a 4 year deal at 20k a week, and they sell them 2 years in for £1m in the bank, they'll say it was actually a £3m deal as they're saving £2m in wages over the piece.

Basically the sort of sneaky shite no other club does but they absolutely love.

It really pisses me off how easily they seem to sell pish players.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they got their money back on him.

It really pisses me off how easily they seem to sell pish players.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they got their money back on him.
It is very annoying. Remember they got £8m for Armstrong when he only had 6 months left on his contract, and £20m for Dembele when he was a few months away from being available on a bosman.

reply from a RB fan on twitter:

Yea he's not a project. Professional minutes against grown men doesn't make you a project. Celtic not only suck but play completely different than we do.

I listened to a podcast a few months ago that was analysing some of the signings and they could not believe celtic signed him. It said he is very good when there is space in behind that he can run into but in Scotland they are up against packed defences. Basically said it was a very poor piece of scouting that was never going to work

Back