Lewis Ferguson (not a rumour)

Fair play the data is good.

Still maintain its a position we don't have any particular need for. Evidenced perfectly by this season just past with Ramsey.

We were refereed fairly in those days. See Ryan Jack when he first signed. As far from a dirty player as you can get but still picked up red and yellow cards for next to nothing and received a few late ones which went unpunished.
Fairly, I'm not sure if Andrew Waddle or that other useless one Freeland ever refereed a Rangers game fairly. We just got on with it and the players fought harder to overcome the cheating refs as well as the opposition . These refs we have now have had predecessors who make them look balanced.

based on what?

our fans have an absolute snobbery on SPL players, the stats there actuallly show he is a decent player and at 22/23 still has time to significantly imrpove.
Based on those very stats above.

With time and space to run into he is good, otherwise, lacking!

In the spfl, if you have a genuinely class midfielder, you wouldn't be battling relegation!
We had our struggles on our first season up, Tavernier wasn't a bad player for to us at the time; the point being one man doesn't make a team.

based on what?

our fans have an absolute snobbery on SPL players, the stats there actuallly show he is a decent player and at 22/23 still has time to significantly imrpove.
Nothing to do with snobbery, everything to do with aiming higher, everything to do with accepting that he won’t get away with the way he plays if he’s in a blue shirt, and everything to do with keeping his uncle from plastering the goings on at Ibrox all over the rags.

We had our struggles on our first season up, Tavernier wasn't a bad player for to us at the time; the point being one man doesn't make a team.
We weren't anywhere near the bottom 6

And we didn't even have a decent midfielder.

One player doesn't make a team, but if he really such a great player, why are the team so poor? They have the 4th biggest budget in Scotland.

We weren't anywhere near the bottom 6

And we didn't even have a decent midfielder.

One player doesn't make a team, but if he really such a great player, why are the team so poor? They have the 4th biggest budget in Scotland.
It's irrelevant argument; football is, in all essence, a team game

The reluctance of some, to even consider this boy is bizarre. I’m not a massive fan but given the number of games he’s played in the league and the fact that we can’t rely on Arfield or Jack for any prolonged period of time, who he’d be battling for a place with, makes him a player worth looking at.
I’d take a punt on him. If the price is right. Some of our best signing over the years have from within our own league and if Gio thinks he can do something with the boy, I’m all for it.

The reluctance of some, to even consider this boy is bizarre. I’m not a massive fan but given the number of games he’s played in the league and the fact that we can’t rely on Arfield or Jack for any prolonged period of time, who he’d be battling for a place with, makes him a player worth looking at.
I’d take a punt on him. If the price is right. Some of our best signing over the years have from within our own league and if Gio thinks he can do something with the boy, I’m all for it.
And this is the ONLY important factor in all of this.

the data means nothing,

he can ramp his performance up to 100% four times a season and then gets weeks of a break to dominate clubs who don't put in half a shift against the sheep

He’s a decent player from good stock. I would almost take him just to line him up with Jack and Wright when we play the sheep.

I'm not convinced there is a whole lot of improvement potential or future sell on profit in him at that price. What do I know though! If Gio would take him, I would go with that.

Anyone that thinks that our coaching staff couldn’t improve a player like Ferguson at 22 is doing the staff a major disservice.

I’m not saying we should sign him, but we really need to stop talking down our club’s ability to improve players given the countless examples we’ve seen in the past few years.

You could literally exchange Fergusons name for Ryan Jack and that’s what was being said about him before he came to us. Other than the ridiculous Stevie May 50/50 red card, I don’t remember Jack being sent off.

im not saying we should sign him, just making a point of unnecessary concerns.
I don’t remember anyone saying that about Jack, especially since he doesn’t exactly go flying into tackles the way Ferguson does. I’m sure there were some doubts over him as there is over any player, but I don’t think it’s the same as Ferguson. Contrary to what you’re saying, I think his last name is a big part of the appeal to many posters.

Last edited:
He’s pish and his last name carries too much baggage. I doubt the management or board want the dad and uncle around giving stories to Scoops Jackson and Roger the soap dodger Hannah like the good ol’ days
Must admit, when it comes to the daily Ferguson thread and reasons for not signing him, this is pretty high on my list. Purely as a player, I'd maybe take a punt, but not with the excess baggage.

Must admit, when it comes to the daily Ferguson thread and reasons for not signing him, this is pretty high on my list. Purely as a player, I'd maybe take a punt, but not with the excess baggage.
Something I hadn't actually considered until now, and makes perfect sense to add to list of "no thanks".

Barry Ferguson was a tremendous player for us. As a media hungry person now, his views are wild and often plain wrong.

Kamara played for Dundee
Nacho played for Dundee
Both nearly got relegated
At the start of 2000's Dundee had 2 top 6 finishes and we beat them in 2003 Scottish cup final. They then went into admin. So when they had decent players line nacho and canigia they did well.

Kamara was in a team no where near the standard as the rest of the Aberdeen team, and the season he left for us at Xmas they got the relegated

Them blue and red spiderweb stat graphs things, just like any stats, can be manipulated to suit any side/argument!! I personally think he could do a job for us would even be good and he would improve and develop with us.

The main reason I don't want us signing him is his dad and uncle(as much as I loved Barry for us as our captain and Derek was a fine player) would be forever openly having their say in the media. Say he isn't getting as much game time/played out of position etc can only imagine the constant commentary from them about it, undermining the team and manager!!

2 cents <---- That's mine!!

I'm going have to admit the media aspect of having him here hadn't occured to me till now; perhaps because I don't ever follow the sports media up here. That would be a very significant minus to all the positives.

Proof if ever it was needed that numbers can only tell you so much. Means absolutely everything to the modern day football fan though.

What's his FIFA rating?

I don’t remember anyone saying that about Jack, especially since he doesn’t exactly go flying into tackles the way Ferguson does. I’m sure there were some doubts over him as there is over any player, but I don’t think it’s the same as Ferguson. Contrary to what you’re saying, I think his last name is a big part of the appeal to many posters.

Yet many within our support regularly slate the Ferguson brothers.

It's nothing to do with the surname.

Millwall were linked with Ferguson yet chose to go foreign in Zian Flemming - an aggressive, attack minded central midfielder for a club record fee of £2m. Bargain as the lad is a cracking player. That's more the route I'd go down but I feel if GvB wanted Ferguson, he'd be a good signing. He's got attributes we could certainly develop further. Got to remember that a number of midfielders could leave in the coming year; Arfield, Davis, Jack out of contract next summer (lets see how injury free he stays), could potentially cash in on Kamara. We are going to need more than one CM. Unless Sands has a remarkable season, I doubt we are paying the rumoured fee?

His names popped up in the transfer thread and its as usual caused panic amongst our support. Some for, some against.

Thought these from Patrick Caskie would interest a few folk, i get he plays for Aberdeen and they would want millions off us, however hes not as bad a player as people make out.

FQEtmlfWUAQa2YO
FQEtmlqXIAs9a6V

FQEtmmRXEAA8zHn
He's pish.

Something I hadn't actually considered until now, and makes perfect sense to add to list of "no thanks".

Barry Ferguson was a tremendous player for us. As a media hungry person now, his views are wild and often plain wrong.

Barry was a top player, bordering on world class in his pomp who stood out on the pitch whenever he played.

His eagerness with his nephew perplexes me, as he is, has done neither for me.

I haven't seen anything from Lewis Ferguson that makes me think he is anything other than a good spl player.

Tell you what surprised me is he is 22, so still young. He has been mentioned so long I thought he was older.

Them blue and red spiderweb stat graphs things, just like any stats, can be manipulated to suit any side/argument!! I personally think he could do a job for us would even be good and he would improve and develop with us.

The main reason I don't want us signing him is his dad and uncle(as much as I loved Barry for us as our captain and Derek was a fine player) would be forever openly having their say in the media. Say he isn't getting as much game time/played out of position etc can only imagine the constant commentary from them about it, undermining the team and manager!!

2 cents <---- That's mine!!
I have no real interest in stats either and dont even understand the opening post, i do find it interesting that stats mean so much to some posters when a/ its a scottish player with rubbish stats or b/ foreign signing/rumour with positive stats.... but they aint so important and should be ignored if its someone like Ferguson and a club like Aberdeen.

I also think people are making a bit too much of the family connections they would both be delighted if he signed Not a fan of either they do support the club though.

Hes a good young scottish player, adds goals from midfield, passion, aggression, keeps the ball well and supports the club if it was 2m quid i think it could prove to be great business. Even if it does not work out i would expect to get the money back from an English championship club.

With the players currently available who loses out to Lewis Ferguson?
Greig Docherty had more to offer and no disrespect wasn't good enough for the first team. Far better than Ferguson haven't cut it and moved on ,Rangers need quality not quantity, IMO.

With the players currently available who loses out to Lewis Ferguson?
Greig Docherty had more to offer and no disrespect wasn't good enough for the first team. Far better than Ferguson haven't cut it and moved on ,Rangers need quality not quantity, IMO.

Did he though... based on what?

Passing ability, mobility and stamina for starters and although not first team up here
is doing well down south.

Back