Lewis Ferguson.

i think he’ll end up in a Rangers jersey but not directly from Aberdeen. Even in this climate they will want silly money, which will drive him down south.

I'm still not sure he will get away with some of the things he does in a red jersey once (if) he signs.

i think he’ll end up in a Rangers jersey but not directly from Aberdeen. Even in this climate they will want silly money, which will drive him down south.

I'm still not sure he will get away with some of the things he does in a red jersey once (if) he signs.
I think he is a wait and see player at this point . The longish term contract situation is another reason for waiting .

But at this point I doubt his standard .

I doubt we will pay a fee for McLean, as he was on a Bosman last season before he went to Norwich if we were gonna sign him it would have been then imo.

Much better option than Ferguson for me.

Can't see any of them at Ibrox anytime soon.

Did Norwich not pay a fee to secure his signature and then loan him back to Aberdeen to the end of the season? I can remember there was talk we were after him on a Bosman but Norwich bought him first

I know he’s on a long term contract, and Aberdeen (to try and appease their support) will do everything they can not to sell to Rangers, but if he goes to the Aberdeen board and says “I want to sign for Rangers, I won’t entertain talks with any other club”, I can’t see what else Aberdeen can do? Still think it’s mental that Aberdeen supporters think they have a rivalry with Rangers, when their real rivalry is with Livingston and Motherwell etc. :)

I know he’s on a long term contract, and Aberdeen (to try and appease their support) will do everything they can not to sell to Rangers, but if he goes to the Aberdeen board and says “I want to sign for Rangers, I won’t entertain talks with any other club”, I can’t see what else Aberdeen can do? Still think it’s mental that Aberdeen supporters think they have a rivalry with Rangers, when their real rivalry is with Livingston and Motherwell etc. :)

They had a 2 year window to rival us for a position when we were rebuilding, it's now normal service resumed in terms of Aberdeen: they are back to being also rans competing with the other jobbers for 3rd place.

I know someone close to him and he’s told that person that as of right now there’s nothing in the Rangers rumours at all - only interest he’s aware of is from a couple of English Championship clubs

He's exactly the type of player that all of our successful sides were filled with.

He's young, Scottish, a rangers fan and has real grit with a bit of a nasty side. I don't particularly pay much attention to many players out with us but he is always someone that stands out in games against us. I'm not saying he wins games for Aberdeen against us but he is always noticeable and one of the players you remember gave us a game.

Even when we were buying top players during 9 in a row there was always a core of Scottish players in the team like Goram, Robertson, Ferguson, super Ally etc

There seems to be this modern online phenomenon (probably due to the "%^*& Scottish football" attitude since 2012) that there's no SPL player good enough for us and we should never deal with them.

I think we should always be looking to secure the best Scottish players and be bringing in guys like Hagi, Morelos etc to raise their game to the next level.

For what it’s worth I quite like Ferguson- bit of dig, looks ok on the ball and looks like he is a winning mentality

In saying that I don’t think he is what we need at this moment. I feel we need an experienced hard midfielder that knows what it takes-a must win at all cost type

Ryan Jack came from that god awful Aberdeen side.
When I say knowing what its all about,I mean they have good experience on how to adjust to our shit scottish game.
Is Ferguson better than Jack?
Does he have potential to be better than Jack?
I genuinely don't know.
I'm looking for qualities better than Jack to get us to the next level.

Did Norwich not pay a fee to secure his signature and then loan him back to Aberdeen to the end of the season? I can remember there was talk we were after him on a Bosman but Norwich bought him first

They did but that was after the January i think.

He was free to talk to him and no contact or interest was made to him.

In hindsight and having seen him play a few times for Norwich we shouldve made a move for him.

Is Ferguson better than Jack?
Does he have potential to be better than Jack?
I genuinely don't know.
I'm looking for qualities better than Jack to get us to the next level.
I think Ferguson has the potential to be up there with Barry.Especially working under Gerrard.

Yeah that’s exactly what happened. McLean himself wanted to be sold in the January as there was a clause that saw St Mirren get a % and he felt they were due it. That’s pretty much why he didn’t end up with us, we weren’t willing to buy him in the jan

Yeah that’s exactly what happened. McLean himself wanted to be sold in the January as there was a clause that saw St Mirren get a % and he felt they were due it. That’s pretty much why he didn’t end up with us, we weren’t willing to buy him in the jan
I’m
Easily?

He was murder in numerous games: Hamilton, Hearts x 2, Rugby Park, McDiarmid Park. Goals don't cover up poor performances and he was very inconsistent through out the previous 6 months.
obviously we have different opinions on this,but of course a will bow to
your superior knowledge.;)

Quite late to this thread.

I would quite like us to sign him. But, I don’t think he’s the sort of player we can sign and pin all our hopes on. We would be taking a bit of a chance with him. Question whether we can do that for £2m in the current climate.

We'd be mad to not be in for him really. A bastard that's a dyed in the wool bluenose, can play a bit too. Physically imposing and wouldn't be greetin on the pitch at Hampden that's for sure. We'd need to have some kind of fine system in place for every Barry and/or Derek piece that appears in the paper though

He’s not good enough to move us forward. He’d be a decent squad filler but that’s not what we need at the moment.

We must sign better if we want to win the title.

Back