Lewis Macleod has returned to the club as an Academy Coach

Erskineger

Returning to Rangers as an Academy coach,best of luck to the young man,blighted by horrible knee injuries in his playing career,what might have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see Lewis back at Rangers, I met him when I presented him with the goal of the month award, he was so down to earth and said he owed everything to his parents and grandparents who would drive him through to Glasgow for training when he started out at Ibrox as a 10 year old. Welcome home Lewis.

Worked with his uncle Derek from Prestonpans he had high hopes for lad but sadly he was ravaged with injures good luck in his new roll myb turn us up a few gems

He was unfortunate to come through the ranks at our lowest moment in our history.

Good to see him back and hope it works out.

What do you mean?

I've said that about every behind the scenes appointment we have made, from the medical team to the analytics

Why do you think he's rubbish?

And you don’t consider that your glib “let’s hope he’s the best man for the job” comments make it seem like you’re suggesting otherwise?

It’s a slightly curious thing for a person to say when they’re being sincere.

And you don’t consider that your glib “let’s hope he’s the best man for the job” comments make it seem like you’re suggesting otherwise?

Did you think it was glib when people said it about Clement getting the role?

Get out the way of yourself

Did you think it was glib when people said it about Clement getting the role?

Get out the way of yourself
Clement wasn't exactly "jobs-for-the-boys" material though, was he? That's the subtext people are picking up on, as Lewis is an ex-Rangers player. You might not have meant it like that, but it could come across that way. You would hope the best man for the job would be a requisite these days, and no other reason.

Good to see, was really unfortunate the way his career panned out. If he stays fit at Brentford who knows how his career would have went. Had the talent to play at a good level.

Good to see the club getting guys like this back in the academy as coaches. Especially those who are big rangers fans as well. People say the jobs for the boys pish but in the academy it’s good having a few about. Those who know the standards we require etc young players look up to ex players as well.

Overhead kick Vs Ayr was one of very few highs in the lower leagues, was exciting to see a young talent like him come through. The fee we sold him for was peanuts, the dark Spiv days

Our academy hasn’t exactly been the best, has it?
We’re looking to do better, a lot better in this area, are we not?
I’m surprised there hasn’t been more people wondering what there was in MacLeod’s cv that made him the best candidate for this job.
I’m also surprised that nobody is wondering what the job profile the recruitment team created that made MacLeod the perfect fit.
If Macleod wasn’t an ex-Ranger who came through at such a difficult time for us and whose playing career was curtailed in the way it was, there’d be a lot more posters questioning the appointment.

Last edited:
Our academy hasn’t exactly been the best, has it?
We’re looking to do better, a lot better in this area, are we not?
I’m surprised there hasn’t been more people wondering what there was in MacLeod’s cv that made him the best candidate for this job.
I’m also surprised that nobody is wondering what the job profile the recruitment team created that made MacLeod the perfect fit.
If Macleod wasn’t an ex-Ranger who came through at such a difficult time for us and whose playing career was curtailed in the way it was, there’d be a lot more posters questioning the appointment.
Ffs give it rest, it’s boring

I do get the point being made. We’ve had some appointments made who haven’t been successful and we have a lot of former players on staff. Is Lewis enough of a name to demand a role if he’s not good enough? I wouldn’t say so. I’d imagine he ticked all the boxes and that’s why he got the job. But I do understand why there’s skepticism over a young former player with little experience getting the job.

How does that impact people's hopes that he was hired for being the best candidate for the role

And not the cheapest, or quickest available, or best presentation etc
You seemed to be implying Lewis McLeod was only picked due to his history with Rangers.

See Damski's post No. 18.

No, they are genuine questions.
Tell you what, why not just prove your superior intelligence, answer my points and put me in my place.
Your points are baseless. Your whole argument is based on your ignorance of how we recruited Lewis.
You haven’t a clue but you’re surprised it’s not been challenged?
Your waffling

My post implied the exact opposite
Meaning you thought he got the job for all the right reasons?????

As long as he was the best person for the job,

Doesn't look that way to me. You seem to be casting some doubt on it as others have also mentioned.

Your points are baseless. Your whole argument is based on your ignorance of how we recruited Lewis.
You haven’t a clue but you’re surprised it’s not been challenged?
Your waffling
That is my whole point.
MacLeod might be a budding Guardiola, or just the chairman’s love child.
All I’ve asked is if he was the best candidate for the job.
Is this such an out of the ordinary question?
Like asked earlier, I’m happy to be educated on this..

Meaning you thought he got the job for all the right reasons?????

As long as he was the best person for the job,

Doesn't look that way to me. You seem to be casting some doubt on it as others have also mentioned.
Here is a question

Do you hope Lewis was hired because he was the right person for the job?

There are loads of wrong reasons to hire someone, do you hope Lewis was hired for the right ones?

Because if you do, then you agree with me

Here is a question

Do you hope Lewis was hired because he was the right person for the job?

There are loads of wrong reasons to hire someone, do you hope Lewis was hired for the right ones?

Because if you do, then you agree with me
I think you are now talking utter shite. Seen you do this before.

Back