Lewis Macleod has returned to the club as an Academy Coach

His Stepmother has a shop in milngavie and she told me this a few weeks ago, & also that he didn't want to leave in the first place?
He was probably the most talented of the group that we had in the lower league's
Best of luck young man

He’s backtracking and looking daft now
When I have back tracked?

I have never said that this was a 'job for the lads' appointment

I said I hope he was given the role because he was the best appointment

Do you disagree with that sentiment?

Its OK if you do

That is my whole point.
MacLeod might be a budding Guardiola, or just the chairman’s love child.
All I’ve asked is if he was the best candidate for the job.
Is this such an out of the ordinary question?
Like asked earlier, I’m happy to be educated on this..
I am getting the same backlash you are from the same people lol

You and I understand how easy it is to get recruitment wrong

You and I want the club to make sure that anyone we appoint is based on merit and talent

Apparently that has triggered some people

Curiouser and Curiouser

Lewis Macleod was a great talent coming through cant take that away from im

What im wondering is what makes Lewis Macleod the best person in the world for this role?

That is my whole point.
MacLeod might be a budding Guardiola, or just the chairman’s love child.
All I’ve asked is if he was the best candidate for the job.
Is this such an out of the ordinary question?
Like asked earlier, I’m happy to be educated on this..
You have a very valid point.
For far too long it's been jobs for the boys at Rangers.

Let them be.
It's a question that should always be asked when someone gets a job with us that has a previous connection.

Mccoist was an abomination of an appointment, Beale, Gvb all guys off the top of my head that were wrongly given jobs based on having previous connections with the club imo.
But saying the sentiment that we hope all staff are hired on the basis of being the best candidate should be something we all agree on

Unsure why but some posters want to argue about anything

All the best Lewis!

Good luck to the laddie! Was disappointed when we sold him, genuinely thought he'd go on to great things with us and be the next "Barry Ferguson" - shame that injury robbed him of his career. Always good to have people around the place that know what's expected of a Rangers employee - 2nd place is nothing.

I am getting the same backlash you are from the same people lol

You and I understand how easy it is to get recruitment wrong

You and I want the club to make sure that anyone we appoint is based on merit and talent

Apparently that has triggered some people

Curiouser and Curiouser
A the rest of us trust the people responsible . We don’t post up sneaky wee posts inferring he wasn’t the best for the job

Have the people questioning him being the best man for the job read the article from Rangers?

He’s helping out with coaching the under 14s. Should be more than qualified for that role as someone who broke through at the club and has played profesional football.

Robbed of a career due to injuries.

Have the people questioning him being the best man for the job read the article from Rangers?

He’s helping out with coaching the under 14s. Should be more than qualified for that role as someone who broke through at the club and has played profesional football.

Robbed of a career due to injuries.
Awe man

Are people questioning him being the best man for the role? Are people suggesting it was 'job for the lads'.

I suggest those people don't make those assumptions and hope, like I do, that all appointments within the club are given to the best person for the role

United we stand

Awe man

Are people questioning him being the best man for the role? Are people suggesting it was 'job for the lads'.

I suggest those people don't make those assumptions and hope, like I do, that all appointments within the club are given to the best person for the role

United we stand
Merely pointing out that this is helping to coach the under 14s. His experience must surely be enough for that role?

Merely pointing out that this is helping to coach the under 14s. His experience must surely be enough for that role?
I wasn't part of the recruitment for his role

I don't know who else applied or if it even was a process

There may have been candidates who had far more experience (but wanted too much money)

There could have been candidates not qualified at all and therefore not considered

I don't know

All I know is I hope he was the best candidate for the role

I wasn't part of the recruitment for his role

I don't know who else applied or if it even was a process

There may have been candidates who had far more experience (but wanted too much money)

There could have been candidates not qualified at all and therefore not considered

I don't know

All I know is I hope he was the best candidate for the role
Sure thing

Back