Lex Akimbo helicopter Sunday video

Dangerous things these Helicopter Sunday videos. You start watching one, then another, then another, then that's your evening gone . . . .

Loved that day, loved that shirt and loved this guy wearing it. His rendition of Follow Follow afterwards was quite funny but he got it.

dgtn6p8.jpg

Loved that clip of Coop's goal in the Drybrough Cup final as well. Tommy Sheridan was at that game don't you know with 2 of his Rangers supporting friends, the day he had a blade shoved in his face and was saved by a guy with king Billy tattoos who lept off a double decker bus to save him, according to his article in the Celtc View posted on another thread.

Big Eck birthday today as well.
Same for me with regards guys in grey jacket,calm then is going mental at 2nd goal.

Jeezo oh don’t give me a hear attack thought you meant the video after all these years :D

Nah I've got it on my YouTube account as well as a back up saved to a hard drive in case it ever gets removed.

I was trying to screenshot a Jackie Mcnamara in background just after McDonald scored, but for some reason once I uploaded image to a hosting site, it wouldn't post on here.

I had a hilarious "not even a gud last day title decider" caption planned and everything!

Was trying to find the one also to Coldplay’s “fix you” which he was in also, but nobody seems to have that either.
Great video all the same mate.

Always enjoy the old guy with the grey jacket at 2:20. First time you see him he looks a bit stunned, next time he pops up he’s jumping about mental :D

That's what always jumps out to me.
I don't think he's stunned, I've always imagined he's thinking that these jammy b's will probably go up the park and get a winner!!
Fortunately it was Motherwell that got it to really rub it in.
Loved the guys reaction at 3 minutes when he knew there was no coming back now.
Like others probably my favourite video.

Always enjoy the old guy with the grey jacket at 2:20. First time you see him he looks a bit stunned, next time he pops up he’s jumping about mental :D
That's what always jumps out to me.
I don't think he's stunned, I've always imagined he's thinking that these jammy b's will probably go up the park and get a winner!!
Fortunately it was Motherwell that got it to really rub it in.
Loved the guys reaction at 3 minutes when he knew there was no coming back now.
Like others probably my favourite video.
That’s my mate we have been trying to get that video for a few years.
Ps Going to love telling him this “the old guy” :D

Will never forget that die, lying on my bed pissed off with the radio on. Initially thought Celtic had scored again then realised what had happened, still jumping about like a maniac and then another goal is scored, again thought it was Celtic who scored...

Surreal, and probabably the best feeling I have had supporting Rangers.

My neighbours son was in the helicopter that day and handed out the medals on the podium to the players..
Jammy sod worked for the sfa at the time.. Good bluenose all the same

Will never forget that die, lying on my bed pissed off with the radio on. Initially thought Celtic had scored again then realised what had happened, still jumping about like a maniac and then another goal is scored, again thought it was Celtic who scored...

Surreal, and probabably the best feeling I have had supporting Rangers.
Watched it in the old Memories Bar in Patrick.

I turned round to my mate and told him that I thought Motherwell had scored (before the commentator told us) as I could tell something was happening due to the Rangers supporters reactions in the Stand.

Once announced the place was mental from then onwards.

My powers of perception after that weren’t so good as I didn’t realise Motherwell had scored a 2nd till I phoned my Old Man post-match after partaking in a post match Conga on the Dumbarton Rd/bottom of Byres Rd (the regulars of The Dolphin didn’t join in for some reason B-) ).

All in all a fantastic day & it is always good to be reminded of it.

They scored, Tim next door out wi the hoops on in the sun.
I fucked off out in the car, turned the radio on with 5 mins to go, went mental in my car!
Drive straight home strangely the Tim was nowhere to be seen, blinds closed as well.
Never saw him for a fortnight.

Why is that footage so shit quality? I‘m not talking about the camera phone stuff the actual TV footage.

There is footage from 50 years ago clearer than that.
Remember that this was captured and edited by a Bear, presumably on home computer equipment of the 2005 era.

The quality of the footage that RangersTV have is not much better. It's 360p

Here is the link in case anyone with RTV wants to watch it. The good stuff (the first big cheer) starts at the 1hr 35m mark: https://tv.rangers.co.uk/video/0_36qyw2bt

Geraldo McPish on commentary:

We're told there will be a couple of added minutes here. Alex McLeish hoping for a miracle, and he will be thinking back to... Well a huge roar goes up in the stand here, the Rangers stand and Motherwell, we are told, have scored.

Watched it in the old Memories Bar in Patrick.

I turned round to my mate and told him that I thought Motherwell had scored (before the commentator told us) as I could tell something was happening due to the Rangers supporters reactions in the Stand.

Once announced the place was mental from then onwards.

My powers of perception after that weren’t so good as I didn’t realise Motherwell had scored a 2nd till I phoned my Old Man post-match after partaking in a post match Conga on the Dumbarton Rd/bottom of Byres Rd (the regulars of The Dolphin didn’t join in for some reason B-) ).

All in all a fantastic day & it is always good to be reminded of it.
Hayburn loyal :)

Back