Likely record revenue for this year because of the European run

£30m+ for Europa
£12m for Patterson
£4m for Gerrard & co.

Tidy £46m+

Could be the difference between wanting/needing to sell a big asset and not having to?
Aribo, Kent and Bassey all have to be sold this summer.

Could help us tie down Morelos though and Bassey if he decides he wants to stay.

Considering that we lost 41M the last two years, I hope the Board will be very prudent in making sure our overall financial picture is much stronger. In looking at the financials, it looks like while they recognized the expenses, they deferred some of the cash needed to pay for those expenses into this year so I am sure that they cash flow (not turnover) generated from this year has also helped pay for the last two years.
They have to support GVB with funds if we want to win the league and cups, its that simple

Considering that we lost 41M the last two years, I hope the Board will be very prudent in making sure our overall financial picture is much stronger. In looking at the financials, it looks like while they recognized the expenses, they deferred some of the cash needed to pay for those expenses into this year so I am sure that they cash flow (not turnover) generated from this year has also helped pay for the last two years.
I agree on the prudence part ,and don't ever want to go down the reckless spending path ever again .

As I said I'm sure one of the financial folks on here might know
I'm sure our record turnover was £60 and that was the Manchester year
That will be smashed this year by a long margin

But I'd love to know what our highest profit has ever been ,because that's the more important figure in terms of what we can spend on players /infrastructure etc

We need the squad ins and outs sorted out before we play those CL qualifiers. Obviously if we progress we can then add maybe one or two more.

We can't repeat the shambles of this season and everybody hanging around has to be fully committed to the cause from the off.

I'd love to know how much Castore will have made from us this season, over in Seville I've never seen so many of our home tops before. Came in for a bit of critiscim at the start of the season, but that must be one of our best selling strips ever.

We can’t stand still. Need to sell players while their prices are high ie Kent, Aribo and Kamara and freshen up the squad for C/L qualification and winning the title. Interesting summer transfer window ahead.

Aribo, Kent and Bassey all have to be sold this summer.

Could help us tie down Morelos though and Bassey if he decides he wants to stay.

In principal, I agree but I'd also say...

£46m from Europa
£20m for Bassey
£15m for Kent
£15m for Aribo

Those estimates for the players are conservative, for sure... but do we need £100m?

Kamara 15-20 mil
Aribo 10-15 mil
Kent 10-15 mil
Morelos 15-20 mil
Bassey 20-25 mil
Helander 3-5 mil
Roofe 5-8 mil

I think we really have to sell at least 2 of these players in the summer so we can really be in a strong position to rebuild the squad, not only does it make sense financially but we've already seen domestically this season how it just feels some of them are going off the boil too often which could be down to motivation or just players running their course at the club, we need a refresh
of the squad at the very least to inject some life into it for our title push next season (we needed it last summer tbf and we got complecent)
No one is paying 3-5 million for Helander, can't get half a season out the guy.

£30m+ for Europa
£12m for Patterson
£4m for Gerrard & co.

Tidy £46m+

Could be the difference between wanting/needing to sell a big asset and not having to?
More importantly we should move on a couple of those bigger assets, add it to that big pile of cash and upgrade our first eleven in quality, not stand still. The reality is Aribo, Kent, Kamara are all inconsistent. We should aim to sell those and upgrade.

Love how we are suddenly selling all our best players according to half the posters on here!!

I personally hope we can tie them down on new deals, with the possibility of having to lose one or 2 at a push.
However we cannot risk not adding quality to the first 11 before Champions League qualifiers again this year.

£46m from Europa
£20m for Bassey
£15m for Kent
£15m for Aribo

Those estimates for the players are conservative, for sure... but do we need £100m?
I think we should always be aiming to make as much money as possible from our players. It’s a terrible business plan if we let Aribo and Kent go for free next season.

If we can get over £20m for the pair of this summer then it has to be done. Same with Bassey. He’s got two years left so it has to be this summer he goes or a new contract.

I think we need to start being ruthless when it comes to player trading. We’ll see the benefits.

I think we should always be aiming to make as much money as possible from our players. It’s a terrible business plan if we let Aribo and Kent go for free next season.

If we can get over £20m for the pair of this summer then it has to be done. Same with Bassey. He’s got two years left so it has to be this summer he goes or a new contract.

I think we need to start being ruthless when it comes to player trading. We’ll see the benefits.

Guess it depends on their reasons for not signing extensions. If they want more money it’s arguably a better investment to keep them but if they’re wanting away at the end of next season then I agree, let’s cash in

£46m from Europa
£20m for Bassey
£15m for Kent
£15m for Aribo

In an H&H pod, they mentioned that Aribo has clause of around £12m. Given we're moving into his final year, I think we'll be doing well to get 8m-10m.

Back